• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Griffin possibly out of Team USA. Why not Smoove?

ATLSmith

I totally disagree Dolf... Our offense is a motion based offense that has a tendency of pulling our power forwards and centers out of the paint. Thats the entire point of the motion offense.. Open lanes for our guards to slash and kick out to the shooters.. And in a lot of games last year, our big men were put in bad spots away from the basket and forced to shoot from long distances.. I remember seeing Zaza taking uncomfortable long distance shots at the end of the shot clock.

Now as for Josh Smith... HE PLAYED SMALL FORWARD, SO HE NATURALLY TOOK THOSE SHOTS WITHIN THE SYSTEM...

So, the idea is that a proven NBA player is less worthy than a draftee straight out of college....????

Josh played LESS THAN 1% of the teams minutes at SF last year so please try again.
  • Like 1

Josh played LESS THAN 1% of the teams minutes at SF last year so please try again.

And it was due to Horfords injury.. the point is this, Josh is a better shooter than Griffin.. Griffin will forever be a one trick pony until he develops an outside finesse game.. those knees of his are taking a pounding as of lately.

People gravitate to him because of his marketability. Josh is still the best overall player between the two.

And it was due to Horfords injury.. the point is this, Josh is a better shooter than Griffin.. Griffin will forever be a one trick pony until he develops an outside finesse game.. those knees of his are taking a pounding as of lately.

People gravitate to him because of his marketability. Josh is still the best overall player between the two.

2011: <1% of minutes at SF

2010: 11% of minutes at SF

2009: <1% of minutes at SF

2008: <1% of minutes at SF

Stats not available prior to 2008 but I think you get the picture that it had nothing to do with Horford.

Not sure where you're getting that Josh is a better shooter than Griffin when Griffin destroys him in every category, except for 3pt shooting, where Griffin realizes he's a PF and doesn't take them.

2012 Stats Comparison

True Shooting%

Blake: .557

Josh: .499

eFG (overall)%

Blake: .550

Josh: .470

eFG% Jumpshots

Blake: .426

Josh: .388

eFG% Close Shots

Blake: .649

Josh: .540

eFG% Inside (Dunk, Tip) Shots

Blake: .691

Josh: .600

FG%

Blake: .549

Josh: .457

3pt FG%

Blake: .125 on 16 attempts

Josh: .257 on 109 attempts

• Like 1

And it was due to Horfords injury.. the point is this, Josh is a better shooter than Griffin.. Griffin will forever be a one trick pony until he develops an outside finesse game.. those knees of his are taking a pounding as of lately. People gravitate to him because of his marketability. Josh is still the best overall player between the two.

People see the athletes as equal, Josh and Blake, so the basketball skills and IQ have to be equal also. You guys kill me with this comparison. It is like comparing Garnett to Camby just because they are tall and skinny, then saying they are the same players skill wise! Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

People see the athletes as equal, Josh and Blake, so the basketball skills and IQ have to be equal also. You guys kill me with this comparison. It is like comparing Garnett to Camby just because they are tall and skinny, then saying they are the same players skill wise!

So, Griffin is Garnett?? And Josh Smith is Camby? Am I following correctly??

I would guess that Coach K doesn't care for him. Just a hunch.

Yes. Josh won't be respected around the league until his game changes. He has all the ability of a Griffin though. But as someone else pointed out, Griffin knows his role.

2011: <1% of minutes at SF

2010: 11% of minutes at SF

2009: <1% of minutes at SF

2008: <1% of minutes at SF

Stats not available prior to 2008 but I think you get the picture that it had nothing to do with Horford.

Not sure where you're getting that Josh is a better shooter than Griffin when Griffin destroys him in every category, except for 3pt shooting, where Griffin realizes he's a PF and doesn't take them.

2012 Stats Comparison

True Shooting%

Blake: .557

Josh: .499

eFG (overall)%

Blake: .550

Josh: .470

eFG% Jumpshots

Blake: .426

Josh: .388

eFG% Close Shots

Blake: .649

Josh: .540

eFG% Inside (Dunk, Tip) Shots

Blake: .691

Josh: .600

FG%

Blake: .549

Josh: .457

3pt FG%

Blake: .125 on 16 attempts

Josh: .257 on 109 attempts

LOL.... End of thread.

Yes. Josh won't be respected around the league until his game changes. He has all the ability of a Griffin though. But as someone else pointed out, Griffin knows his role.

he let's defenses off the hook with those long 2 pointers for sure.

I wish I can switch griffin brain with josh smith. Griffin gives it his all every possession plays to his strengths. Because of this he is way more consistent than josh smith. He very rarely takes a jumper. The only time I see him take a jumpshot is when the shot clock is running down or sometimes when no1 is within 10 feet of him.He recklessly attacks the rim and wants to dunk on you everytime.( Just imagine how many more highlights smoove would have if had this mindset) and gets fouled at a very high rate because of it.

So, Griffin is Garnett?? And Josh Smith is Camby? Am I following correctly??

In your eyes it would be the other way around. Point is, just because two players builds are similar and have similar athletic abilities does not mean their BBIQ and Skills are the same. No one would take Camby over Garnett and no one but you and a very few other homers would take Josh over Griffin.