• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Agree to Trade For Korver

MrMeltdown

Link:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-bulls-trade-korver-to-atlanta-20120713,0,744854.storyPending a passed physical, the Chicago Bulls have traded Kyle Korver to the Atlanta Hawks via the Minnesota Timberwolves in a move that saves them $500,000 and nets what is expected to be a second-round pick from the Timberwolves.

Just don't see how he fits a need. A small front line with a lot of defensive liabilities. This is really a recipe for disaster on the court.

The last thing I want on a team is a guy who can shoot and score points. What good is that?
  • Like 4

Is it the case that the TPE can only be used on one player? And you couldn't add Horford in a trade with a $5 million TPE to trade for a $17 million salary player for example?If I'm remembering right, this means that now that we have acquired a player with the TPE we could combine Korver's salary with another player in a future deal. Right?

Sorry Josh, no more threes for you. Korver, Williams, Morrow, and Jenkins are all among then best. I like to see the idea of stretching the court and having 2 shooters out there no matter the point in the game. No SF and no real means to get one could be a problem though.

Is it the case that the TPE can only be used on one player? And you couldn't add Horford in a trade with a $5 million TPE to trade for a $17 million salary player for example? If I'm remembering right, this means that now that we have acquired a player with the TPE we could combine Korver's salary with another player in a future deal. Right?

There is a trade moratorium once a player is traded, but yes once that grace period lapses he can be moved just like any other player.

• Premium Member

The last thing I want on a team is a guy who can shoot and score points. What good is that?

The last thing I want on a team already overloaded with perimeter jump shooters is a guy who can't defend, pass, rebound or do anything but shoot from the perimeter. What good is that?

The last thing I want on a team already overloaded with perimeter jump shooters is a guy who can't defend, pass, rebound or do anything but shoot from the perimeter. What good is that?

Good thing that doesn't describe Korver, who I'm guessing you haven't watched much since his Philly days.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Ferry has one great big master plan and this offseason is only part 1. As said, we really do need a big man. Whether its Dwight or not, we need a center and we need to be able to keep Horford and Josh.My dream plan would be to sign Dwight and CP3 next offseason. CP3-Jenkins-Smoove-Horford-DwightTeague, Lou, Korver, Zaza, Morrow coming off the bench. Maybe Harris if he's still here.

I'm pretty sure that Ferry has one great big master plan and this offseason is only part 1. As said, we really do need a big man. Whether its Dwight or not, we need a center and we need to be able to keep Horford and Josh. My dream plan would be to sign Dwight and CP3 next offseason. CP3-Jenkins-Smoove-Horford-Dwight Teague, Lou, Korver, Zaza, Morrow coming off the bench. Maybe Harris if he's still here.

Understand the Salary Cap before you come up with that scenario.

• Moderators

Active players, career 3-point shooting %ages1. Steph Curry (Warriors), 44.1%2. Steve Novak (Knicks), 43.7%3. Jason Kapono (Lakers But Probably Done), 43.4%4. Steve Nash (Lakers), 42.8%5. ANTHONY MORROW (Hawks), 42.6%6. Boobie Gibson (Cavs), 41.6%7. Matt Bonner (Spurs), 41.5%8. KYLE KORVER (Almost Hawks), 41.3%9. Brandon Rush (Warriors?), 41.3%10. Jared Dudley (Suns), 40.9%~lw3

Josh Smith can't create his own shot? Are we watching the same team? http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQxnw50wAk When he isn't chucking jumpers, Josh Smith has a very solid post/faceup game; mostly due to his athleticism and above average handles for the PF positon.

Agreed. Josh has some good inside moves. If he could just stay in the paint OMG!
  • Like 1