• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Agree to Trade For Korver

MrMeltdown

I don't accept your idea that he's the worst or even close to it. He's actually a pretty decent team defender and does what he's supposed ton there are metrics that show this such as his Net PER and I'm sure his defensive win shares even if I don't buy that stat but I'm mobile and not interested in looking up the stats to prove my point.

Kyle Korver tied with Marvin Williams and Shane Battier with 2.1 defensive win shares this past season. He also had a 101 defensive rating, which was the same defensive rating as Kevin Durant. Korver has a +1.74 adjusted +/- over the past two years. This past year, when he is on the court, Chicago held opponents to 97.22 points. Off the court, Chicago held opponents to 97.81 points.

Also says we might acquire a future pick for our troubles, although details weren't known (Hoopsworld)

I thought the wolves were giving up their 2nd round pick to the bulls............Don't worry I'm still confused myself. I've been reading conflicting reports waiting for the trade to be approved and finalized.

kyle korver isnt a great defender but in chicago he was very pesky and active. It might of been because he played for tom thibbeau or however you spell his name. One of the best defensive coaches in the nba his philosophy is you work hard on defense or you will rot on the bench.hopefully he brings that intensity here but i doubt it...

Edited by yungsta

Guest Walter

My concern is entirely different. Does this deal help Houston with Dwight and hurt us acquiring Dwight. I want Houston to have as much salary committed as possible, especially for another center. This deal may allow Chicago to match the offer for Asik which frees Houston up even more cap space to take on Orlando's bad contracts. I think this deal hurts us elsewhere and isn't worth the risk.W

Korver is exactly what we need. As many posters have pointed out, Ferry is clearly building this team around the perimeter. With a healthy Al and smart or '11/'12 Josh Smith we will have one of the best front courts in the NBA. With that said, Ferry is tryign to build around and spread this team. Morrow is good on the perimeter but he isn't a SF. Korver is a better fit for minutes at SF. Lou Williams will be our 6th man and will play PG/SG. Korver just adds depth. Good move, taking advantage of this Hinrich S n T.

My concern is entirely different. Does this deal help Houston with Dwight and hurt us acquiring Dwight. I want Houston to have as much salary committed as possible, especially for another center. This deal may allow Chicago to match the offer for Asik which frees Houston up even more cap space to take on Orlando's bad contracts. I think this deal hurts us elsewhere and isn't worth the risk. W

That's an interesting point that I hadn't considered. Asik wont be making much year 1&2 of his deal so they will probably match anyway but this does make it easier to do so.

Isn't Korver's deal only 500k guaranteed? I wouldn't be surprised if Danny is just saving the A$G some coin. But then again, stocking up on shooters does appear to be something Danny likes to do.

Isn't Korver's deal only 500k guaranteed? I wouldn't be surprised if Danny is just saving the A$G some coin. But then again, stocking up on shooters does appear to be something Danny likes to do.

I would believe that he was getting waived if we sent out a contract intended to be a Hawk or at least got a pick back for saving the Bulls from lux tax payments but as is it looks like Danny truly values Korver's 20 minutes worth of production for this team.

I would believe that he was getting waived if we sent out a contract intended to be a Hawk or at least got a pick back for saving the Bulls from lux tax payments but as is it looks like Danny truly values Korver's 20 minutes worth of production for this team.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think the saving money line through. I was blinded with my A$G hate again.

No it is 500K to waive him which is what the Bulls wanted to avoid. His team option is for 5 million this season. Edited by Buzzard

Guest Walter

Asik wont be making much year 1&2 of his deal so they will probably match anyway but this does make it easier to do so.

IMO Houston is our biggest DH rival. I wouldn't do anything that "helps" them afford a deal with Orl. Hell, I might even send Chicago some cash just to have them walk away from Asik. W

My concern is entirely different. Does this deal help Houston with Dwight and hurt us acquiring Dwight. I want Houston to have as much salary committed as possible, especially for another center. This deal may allow Chicago to match the offer for Asik which frees Houston up even more cap space to take on Orlando's bad contracts. I think this deal hurts us elsewhere and isn't worth the risk. W

The flip side to this is Korver is a decent player, cheap contract, and expiring. Orlando will be valuing cap space also for next season. Korver does not hurt that if he is part of the Horford/Teague/Picks package.

No it is 500K to waive him which is what the Bulls wanted to avoid. His team option is for 5 million this season.

If it is a team option, then there is no fee for not picking up the option (same with player option and mutual option). In the NBA, the only time there is a "fee" is from deals that are not fully-guaranteed. I looked it up, Korver's deal is only $500k guaranteed this year so that is all that needs to be paid to Korver if a team wants to waive him. If they choose to do nothing, Korver costs $5m.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think the saving money line through. I was blinded with my A$G hate again.

Danny hired Dan Rosenbaum as a consultant in Cleveland, and Dan is a big adjusted +/- guy. I was reading one of his articles last night, and he mentioned that three point shooters who make them are very valuable relative to winning. I wonder if this is something Danny has picked up on and why the Hawks will have excellent three point shooters on the team?

If it is a team option, then there is no fee for not picking up the option (same with player option and mutual option). In the NBA, the only time there is a "fee" is from deals that are not fully-guaranteed. I looked it up, Korver's deal is only $500k guaranteed this year so that is all that needs to be paid to Korver if a team wants to waive him. If they choose to do nothing, Korver costs $5m.

LOL That is what I am saying. Bulls did now want to waive him and pay him 500k, so they traded him for peanuts to get out of spending the 1/2 million. Its a team option so we will pick it up and pay him 5 mill this season.