• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko goes Unclaimed through the Waiver Wire

MrMeltdown

http://basketball.re...Amnesty_Waivers

I am not saying we should be knocking at his door or anything but now that anybody can pick him up I think he would be a good get at Center for the minimum.

Darko Milicic Goes Unclaimed On Amnesty Waivers

Jul 14, 2012 5:26 PM EDT

Posted Image

Darko Milicic went unclaimed on the amnesty waiver wire and will become an unrestricted free agent.

The Wolves used their amnesty clause on Milicic this week after signing him to a new deal in 2010.

ViaMarc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222317/Darko_Milicic_Goes_Unclaimed_On_Amnesty_Waivers#ixzz20hNI0UIU

Edited by MrMeltdown

he isn't bad, definitely not as bad as some of the scrubs we've brought in here before. he suffers from the same "never lived up to his draft position" as marvin. both are useful players, but will always be stuck with that label and are probably judged a little more harshly than they completely deserve.

• Like 1

he isn't bad, definitely not as bad as some of the scrubs we've brought in here before. he suffers from the same "never lived up to his draft position" as marvin. both are useful players, but will always be stuck with that label and are probably judged a little more harshly than they completely deserve.

He also suffers from mental illness. We already have Ivan and Desaun to more than fill the ticking timebomb roster spots.

I forgot about Jordan Hill, definately someone I would take a look to alongside with Randolph and Milicic.Probably the best FA left is Robin Lopez but I don't think we can put the money to sign him to an offer sheet that Suns don't match, but if we would have not signed Korver and his 5M$ we could have offered 4-5 M$ and the Suns probably would have not matched.

• 2 weeks later...

Darko is horrible. Whatever he gives you defensively he takes away and then some on the other end. One of the worst offensive post players I've ever seen. He would be another Jason Collins, minus some of the size.

Don't we have enough offense as is? SOMEONE (outside of Josh when he turns on help defense mode, and Horford) has to protect the rim once the opposition gets past our defensive holes elsewhere. Is he Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler? No. Of course not. Is he better than Collins and Petro? Yes. If he can be had for cheap...go for it Ferry. Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

Darko is horrible. Whatever he gives you defensively he takes away and then some on the other end. One of the worst offensive post players I've ever seen. He would be another Jason Collins, minus some of the size.

He rebounds better than Collins (which may not be saying much, since many guards rebound better than Collins).

• Premium Member

Don't we have enough offense as is? SOMEONE (outside of Josh when he turns on help defense mode, and Horford) has to protect the rim once the opposition gets past our defensive holes elsewhere. Is he Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler? No. Of course not. Is he better than Collins and Petro? Yes. If he can be had for cheap...go for it Ferry.

Looking at the stats I think it's pretty debatable whether the guy is better than Petro. The only thing he has done better than Petro throughout his career is block shots. I haven't seen Petro play much, but Darko's defense outside of the occasional block has been extremely suspect (and I'm being kind) from what I've seen. I doubt he is that much of an improvement over Petro, seems redundant to get him, but I guess as another Jason Collins 12th man role he would be an acceptable get.