• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What was your favorite team from the 'core four' era?

Robdawg

What was your favorite team from the 'core four' era?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the departure of Duck and Joe Johnson the 'core four' era is officially over. Looking back this core has had its ups and downs over the years but for all the bashing and failed expectations this group made the Hawks' relevant again. With that being said which of these teams was your favorite over the past few years?Personally, I think the 10'-11' team was the best. With Jamal being 6th man of the year, Zaza having a great year and Teague posing mismatches in the playoffs they were very fun to watch. We beat Orlando (who swept us last year) and had a legit shot at beating Chicago. Sadly, things didn't work but that season was the peak for this core.

For me it is easily the '07-'08 squad, the little team that (almost) could. It's hard to vote against a #8 seed putting a serious death scare into the #1, and that's what we did. We had the Celtics scared sh*tless in that first round, and this was after an 8 year Atlanta Hawks playoff drought, by far the longest in franchise history. That was just awesome what that team did there.

The beginning of the 07-08 team was my fav. Just brimming with pure dissapointment.Acie, Speedy, Lou, A. JohnsonJoe, SalimMarvin, ChillsJosh, Shelden, Lo WrightAl, Zaza, SoloMan oh man, lol. I thought that team had everything you could ever hope for........Few months later half of those guys were traded for Bibby.

My favorite years are the first years of Flip and Crawford. Two guys who had by far the best years of their career soon as they stepped through the door, and they were the only guys who had the combination of the three ball, mid range game, and rim attack when they came off the pine. They both had about a month of going over 20, Jamal's a little longer I believe. The games were just funnest to watch for me when Flip had that mid hanging jumper going or Craw hit a patented 3+, which seemed like every other game.

The beginning of the 07-08 team was my fav. Just brimming with pure dissapointment.

Acie, Speedy, Lou, A. Johnson

Joe, Salim

Marvin, Chills

Josh, Shelden, Lo Wright

Al, Zaza, Solo

Man oh man, lol. I thought that team had everything you could ever hope for........Few months later half of those guys were traded for Bibby.

That's why you're not a scoutologist!
  • Like 1

07-08 just for being the underdogs, taking boston to 7 games, and getting the city excited for the hawks for the 1st time in awhile.The 10-11 hawks were probaly the most frustrating. The effort that they played with at home was non existent.. losing by 30-40 points to teams like the sixers and the hornets. Set the record for most home blowout loses for a winning team in nba history. They turned it on in the playoffs but im still frustrated about that season.

Voted for the 09-10 season. Bucks and Magic series were simply terrible but the regular season was awesome. We were great at home, I never forget that Suns game thanks to the buzzer beater of Jamal.10-11 was just the opposite. This time playoffs were awesome but regular season was depressing. I was in that Hornets game which we lost by I don`t know 40 points?

• Like 1

Easily the 09 - 10 team- won 53 games overall- won 34 games at home- beat every team in the league at least once . . . except Oklahoma City- had I know at least 7 or 8 games that came down to the last possession, with us winning most of themToo bad that team crashed and burned the way they did in the playoffs. They should've easily been the best team since the 1988 Hawks team that lost to Boston in the playoffs.

07-08 for me.The joy of seeing a young team starting to pull it together. That Boston series was a lot o fun even though it was just a first round series. The other seasons were larger disappointments beause of the blow-outs and few second round victories.

I'd feel wrong voting for any season other than 07-08. I slammed a wiffle ball bat on my floor. When it bounced up in went right through my shitty apartment door during game 7. That series cost me a new door. I loved that team.

A wiffle ball bat went through your door? I hope you're talking about a screen door LOL
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

'10-11 was the best, but '08-'09 was close behind. That was Marvin's and Zaza's best year. I really think the FlipMo Squad bench, if properly utilized during the season, could have had our starters fresh enough to give Cleveland a bigger run for their money. The limiting factor was Woody - the bench was rarely used, and JJ, Marvin, and Bibby were all broken down by the time the playoffs started. The loss of Al during the Miami series was just the icing on the cake.That was the year I went from being a Woody critic to a firebreathing Woody basher. He ran the team into the ground.

• Moderators

I'm the only one to vote for this past season. I think that was the best team and without the injuries we would have been in the ECF. The Woody teams we're frustrating to watch in playoffs. It drove me crazy. 10-11 was great but having Jamal as a key player against the Bulls was a major problem at least for me. 11-12 Josh really became a force. I know a lot of people disagree with that but last year we saw him being a post player for really the first time. I know about the jumpers but whatever. He was much better this past season. Teague looked good. Zaza looked better than he had in years. I think it bodes well for this season. I think it has clicked with Al and Josh what it means to really lead a team and with Joe gone they will step up.