• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Las Vegas Summer League Josh Smith Interview

GameTime

Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling.
Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling.

Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling. Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling.

I always find it funny how different people see things, pick up on what they want. He called Ferry a good GM, said organization is now headed in the right direction. He responded to every Dwight question with excited school girl laughter. He acknowledged that the team now has players who can really stroke the ball (I'm guessing an indictment on his past feelings). Very interesting. Didn't realize he was close to both Joe and Marvin. The view on the squawk was possible friction on the team with personalities. We know he gets along with AL. Just interesting.

Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling. Didn't seem to care whether or not he stays in Atlanta. I know he was being diplomatic but just got that feeling.

disagree...after watching the video josh wants to play in ATL, he likes ferry, and the newer players added to the team however Josh did say he wanted to win a ring and be able to ATLEAST compete for one. the problem with this team is that josh doesnt know how long this actual "take a step back to move forward is going to be" I like smith alot and i want him to stay on this team but I respect him and his decision if he planned to leave next year. i like smith attitude! he wants to win and he wants to win now! he doenst necessarily want to leave ATL, the dude just wants to have a chance to win a ring. Wheather you love your hawks or you dont you know that unless certain things happen for this franchise smith probably wont be able to compete for a ring. so the push for howard is probably stronger than ever.
  • Like 1

Good interview by Smith. I didn't sense anything negative in it about the team or his own future. Basically told the truth about the Dwight Howard situation. Not surprised at all that he felt that JJ and Marvin were like "brothers" to him. Fans like to create fire where there isn't even smoke. JJ and Josh passed the ball to each other all the time. And Marvin has been on the squad since JJ arrived. When both JJ and Marvin come back to Philips, they'll be chatting it up with Josh, Al, and Teague. Despite being traded, both JJ and Marvin might be in better situations as a player. So there will probably be no animosity toward the Hawks organization for those trades.

Saw the whole interview. I saw no indication that Josh is unhappy with the Hawks. He complimented his new GM and mentioned that the team is headed in a positive direction. He conducted a mature and insightful interview. He was articulate and cordial. Everything about the interview points to Josh assuming a leadership role on the Hawks.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

How many Hawks star players to you remember caring enough to watch one of our summer league games. Maybe he just went for a free gambling trip who knows but he is still there watching our new guys.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I didn't get any indication that he was unhappy and wants out. He just seemed like a chill guy at a basketball game. He seemed upbeat about the team and organization, especially from a guy that has put in trade request after trade request... He was happy about the possibility of DH12 coming home... I think a little woe-as-me Hawks fan was present when watching this video... The one that thinks that free agents will not come to Atlanta, Hawks will never win a championship, and it is for certain that our stars will abandon us for clearer waters. Forget the past because the future is bright my man... :)

You guys are funny. I didn't say he seemed unhappy or wanted out. And to the comment about me seeing what I want to see, it could be argued that you see what you want to see. The interview was overall positive. And for the record, this is NOT what I "WANTED" to see. I am a Josh fan and hope we are able to be successful while building around him (and Al).

Edited by HawkFan

• Moderators

He should play poker because he is hard to read. The one thing to keep in mind is that he hasn't publicly said he wants out. This will be the biggest contract year of his career. If he is going to beast its going to be this year and all signs point to that. I'd much rather have him here this year than not even if he leaves in FA. Still would rather keep him long term.

It's the only thing they can bi*** about. It don't even bother with it anymore. Just let them get their anger out. Posted Image

Yeah, we can't complain about him taking ball from other basket rather than pass to pg

We can't complain about him putting us in 4v5 situations on defense while he complains about an obvious no call on other end either