• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No trades again today.

Gray Mule

Posted Image

We've had so much action going on that another day without a Hawk's

trade leaves us wondering, "What's going on?"

We all believe that all the moves havent happened, not yet.

I've saw it posted here, over the years, that Small Forewards, aka Marvin,

were a dime a dozen. He would be so easy to replace - and so cheap.

Guess we're still waiting for that move.

Also, I've noticed that some posters believe we're a great prospect to make

it into the lottery this year with the team we have right now.

Ain't no way. Have you really thought this thing out? Hawks are good

right now. Maybe not as great as we would like, but we're good.

Also, some posters believe we should try to give away or trade him for

most anything, our starting PG. Why? Hawks have a rotten record

on their draft picks, for the most part, for several years and he's a draft

pick. That doesn't automatically make him bad. He's the best we've had

for many years.

That SF replacing Marvin. Childress has been released and may be

available for a pittance. Just something else to think about.

Will our draft picks this year be any good? Will they both make the

team? How many of the new guys traded for since we have a new GM

will still be here on opening day?

This has been the most interesting off season around here in recent

memory. Usually, everything seems dead between the last game of

the season and the start of the new season. Not this year. Wow!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

If nothing else, it's really fun that we're at least included in the conversation for a change, isn't it?

From my perspective, Danny Ferry has already earned the benefit of the doubt. I'm now of the attitude that he will make the right moves until I see proof otherwise. What do you think?

Edited by HawkRock1123
  • Like 1

Agreed, no way we're in the lottery. 7th or 8th seed is more likely. PLENTY of good shooters on this roster, so for the price J-Chill would be a good pickup at SF considering his hustle, defense, and o-rebounding. Ugly shot? The only shots we'll need from him are garbage put backs. Sign him up, D-Fer!

Danny is obviously working on plan A, which is D12... If he's not able to swing that one, we'll probably have one or two little tweaks to round out our roster and that's it.P.S. Replacing Marvin isn't going to be easy, although many of posters will laugh at this... Marvin had his role on our team and he accepted it (play good D, rebound, run the floor and hit few J's), plus he had great size for his position (he could easily switch on 2 and 4 on D).

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If the reports on realgm are true that Dwight was private messaging a guy that works at the orlando arena and that guy put his message public then Dwight can't even run right now due to his back surgery. I honestly think this is the only reason we haven't seen Dwight traded yet because there's no way he'd pass a physical from any team. Assuming that he really can't run right now is true.

• Premium Member

Danny is obviously working on plan A, which is D12... If he's not able to swing that one, we'll probably have one or two little tweaks to round out our roster and that's it. P.S. Replacing Marvin isn't going to be easy, although many of posters will laugh at this... Marvin had his role on our team and he accepted it (play good D, rebound, run the floor and hit few J's), plus he had great size for his position (he could easily switch on 2 and 4 on D).

I remember many conversations over the year by posters claiming how it would be so easy to find another Small forward because they are a dime a dozen. Now that we have finally traded the UN-tradeable Marvin William, reality has set in. Maybe Marvin wasn't so over paid and maybe it isn't that easy to replace a 6'9" small forward that has enough lateral quickness to guard 2's and 3's...Shoot 3's, grab 5+ rebounds per game, shoot 80% from the Ft. line, run the floor and occasionally protect the rim. Utah, you got a good deal! Atlanta, you didn't appreciate what you had! 26 is still pretty young!
  • Like 3

I remember many conversations over the year by posters claiming how it would be so easy to find another Small forward because they are a dime a dozen. Now that we have finally traded the UN-tradeable Marvin William, reality has set in. Maybe Marvin wasn't so over paid and maybe it isn't that easy to replace a 6'9" small forward that has enough lateral quickness to guard 2's and 3's...Shoot 3's, grab 5+ rebounds per game, shoot 80% from the Ft. line, run the floor and occasionally protect the rim. Utah, you got a good deal! Atlanta, you didn't appreciate what you had! 26 is still pretty young!

Anyway, I wish the kid nothing but the best... I always thought he had potential, all the right tools and size to be 20 & 7 player. P.S. IMO, the thing with Marvin was always lack of aggressiveness, confidence, cockiness if you will, which is so important in any sport.

If the reports on realgm are true that Dwight was private messaging a guy that works at the orlando arena and that guy put his message public then Dwight can't even run right now due to his back surgery. I honestly think this is the only reason we haven't seen Dwight traded yet because there's no way he'd pass a physical from any team. Assuming that he really can't run right now is true.

Makes a lot of sense. DF is cautious for good reason?

Even if D12, Plan A, doesn't work out, we still do not want to take on contracts to mess up our position to sign free agents next summer. Probably difficult to only look at players with expiring contracts or players you can sign to a one year deal. Ferry may not want to make any move to add to our cap going forward, and looks at this as a wiping the slate clean year, with the exception of Lou Williams.

Posted Image

We've had so much action going on that another day without a Hawk's

trade leaves us wondering, "What's going on?"

We all believe that all the moves havent happened, not yet.

I've saw it posted here, over the years, that Small Forewards, aka Marvin,

were a dime a dozen. He would be so easy to replace - and so cheap.

Guess we're still waiting for that move.

Also, I've noticed that some posters believe we're a great prospect to make

it into the lottery this year with the team we have right now.

Ain't no way. Have you really thought this thing out? Hawks are good

right now. Maybe not as great as we would like, but we're good.

Also, some posters believe we should try to give away or trade him for

most anything, our starting PG. Why? Hawks have a rotten record

on their draft picks, for the most part, for several years and he's a draft

pick. That doesn't automatically make him bad. He's the best we've had

for many years.

That SF replacing Marvin. Childress has been released and may be

available for a pittance. Just something else to think about.

Will our draft picks this year be any good? Will they both make the

team? How many of the new guys traded for since we have a new GM

will still be here on opening day?

This has been the most interesting off season around here in recent

memory. Usually, everything seems dead between the last game of

the season and the start of the new season. Not this year. Wow!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, I think this team will make the playoffs, and without much of a payoff from doing so.

That's doesnt sound like something not typical of the surgery considering he only had it about few months back. Marvin said he couldn't even go up stairs a month after his procedure so not returning to running 3 months later isn't a shocker. Teams still want him and the physical is entirely optional on their part.

if we dont get any size and keep this line up we are going to be 1 of the worst defensive teams in the league :lol: like warriors bad. we are going to get killed by teams with size on the wings and we going to get killed by big teams like we always do.

I've said this countless times, but he's gone now. We will struggle to find a replacement who does what he does because most teams like to keep guys like that.