• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry high on Teague

Jody23

My opinion is Teague will start and no one will be traded until we find that right player to trade for. I don't think Howard or CP3 are coming here but Ferry will try his best to make those and other trades possible because of the new flexibility he has with all players. I actually like all the point guard players we have but there isn't that much difference between them so why not start the player with the most potential to grow in Teague. I think of the three he has the most room to grow.

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

Posted Image

Ferry wasn't going to say anything negative about a guy under contract, but now that ole Jeffery is a FA, it seems Ferry's real opinion of Teague is coming out. Ferry wants to win championships and not to just win games. Do you see Teague being the PG on a title contender? I like Teague and would love to see how much improvement is made with this coaching staff, but Teague does have issues that aren't coachable. Heart, motivation, and desire are all things that Teague lacks. Not saying he isn't a competitor because you don't get to the NBA without being competitive, but a player has to bring it every night and Teague doesn't. He defers to often and is content just standing on the perimeter and letting Horf and Smoove do all the work. Some nights he was attacking the rim and playing well, but some nights doesn't cut it. I really wish Teague would have gotten that in his head and that big contracts are earned not given. Being a starter is not enough for a big contract. Also, Teague started last season with a feeling of cockiness and confidience that he did not carry into the break. At this point, IDC if he stays or goes because we'll have a PG next season in either Jennings or Teague. Jennings will at least bring it every night and sell tickets. Hopefully Danny isn't planning on starting Mack or Schro... Posted Image

• Premium Member

Ferry wants to win championships and not to just win games.

That's what that Korver and Millsap signing was all about? I mean, those guys nearly won a championship when they were younger in Utah!!

I guess when we put them with an unproven PG with no NBA experience... We have championship team written all over us.

• Like 2

• Moderators

That's what that Korver and Millsap signing was all about? I mean, those guys nearly won a championship when they were younger in Utah!!

I guess when we put them with an unproven PG with no NBA experience... We have championship team written all over us.

Stop using Utah D because it is a horrible example. Millsap and Korver are great pieces for a title contender or to be used as trade biat to get a "star". 29 other teams would love to have both guys. They may not be the leaders on a title winner but they are guys that help you get there. Do you think Miami gets to the Finals without Battier, Miller, Chalmers, and Haslem? What about SAS without Green, Lenard, Neal, or Splitter? Robert Horry has 6 rings and he was no where near the best player on the team but he fit a role on those Houston, LA, and SA teams. You need guys like Millsap and Korver. And we aren't on an instant path to titles either. We may be thinking titles during the last year of KK's deal. We have at least 3 seasons until we are there.

• Premium Member

Diesel you are going all out today, making 5 or 6 threads by the hour, putting up troll like polls to feed into your own "Ferry is destroying a championship roster" freakouts. Spam-like behavior.

Actually, the poll is not about Ferry per se. It's about fan's perception about where we're going.

I truly believe that the fans here at HS are split down the middle. Some think we are tanking and thus they believe we should not match, that we should play a rookie (while we have no system to develop him) and that we should stay pat with the duplication of Mills and Horf at the PF and playing Horf out of position yet again.

While others feel that we are moving towards a championship and Korver and Millsap are the pieces. And that we will add a PG and a true C and contend.

Then yet a third group that feels that we are headed back to the treadmill.

That's about the fans here at Hawksquawk and their perception... NOt Ferry.

However, today I am posting about Matching because we only have 9 hours left to match. It's the topic of the day. What would you rather talk about?? Wimbledon? You didn't like my post on the "what could have been game"? That's going to be a summer series. RWF. Has nothing to do with Ferry.

• Premium Member

Stop using Utah D because it is a horrible example. Millsap and Korver are great pieces for a title contender or to be used as trade biat to get a "star". 29 other teams would love to have both guys. They may not be the leaders on a title winner but they are guys that help you get there. Do you think Miami gets to the Finals without Battier, Miller, Chalmers, and Haslem? What about SAS without Green, Lenard, Neal, or Splitter? Robert Horry has 6 rings and he was no where near the best player on the team but he fit a role on those Houston, LA, and SA teams. You need guys like Millsap and Korver. And we aren't on an instant path to titles either. We may be thinking titles during the last year of KK's deal. We have at least 3 seasons until we are there.

I don't disagree PSH. However, did you complete the poll on Millsap and Korver?

However, today I am posting about Matching because we only have 9 hours left to match. It's the topic of the day. What would you rather talk about?? Wimbledon? You didn't like my post on the "what could have been game"? That's going to be a summer series. RWF. Has nothing to do with Ferry.

So what are you going to post about tomorrow if Teague isn't matched?

When Ferry says he "values someone" it means he actually doesn't and wants them gone.

Im not so sure about that. He said he valued Josh when he didnt move him at the deadline. I dont think he ever said that this summer before Josh was let go. Bud said we valued Teague yesterday. If Teague is gone there is no reason in hell for Bud to have said that we value him. Ferry had to say we valued Josh because the world thought he would get traded at the deadline and he was still a Hawk after the deadline passed. Ferry had to save face for not getting anything for Josh because most knew he would walk for nothing in the summer.

So what are you going to post about tomorrow if Teague isn't matched?

I dont know about Diesel but I will post that Ferry is even a bigger fool than I thought he was when we hired his failure Clev ayss.

I dont know about Diesel but I will post that Ferry is even a bigger fool than I thought he was when we hired his failure Clev ayss.

For not signing Teague? Jeff Teague? Wow. Talk about foolish.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I don't disagree PSH. However, did you complete the poll on Millsap and Korver?

I did and I selected championship. I believe these guys are apart of a championship team in Atlanta. There is nobody left in this free agency that will get us to next level. I could see Danny making a package of Millsap/Lou to get us Love or Aldridge. Possibly Horford gets traded. I believe the Hawks will struggle to get 35 wins next season and will end up with the 8th or 9th pick in 2014 draft. Next offseason with the deep draft and even deeper free agency will be our year to get our starting 2 and/or 3. Who knows, but I tell ya Ferry makes moves and drafts well. He doesn't sit on his hands like BK or Sund did or draft a guy just because he is 6'9". He goes after talent and is deeply involved in scouting and drafting. IFWT