• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry high on Teague

Jody23

• Moderators

Lang will post the video up on Hoopsworld soon. But sounds like it's clear that Jeff and the team still see him as a starter. http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/atlanta_hawks#ixzz212NgJV2S

Danny Ferry is very high on Jeff Teague and fully expects him to take on an even larger leadership role in year two as full-time starter

~lw3

This is why I anticipate that Jeff will definitely be the starter, and that the minutes Jeff and Lou get will be maximized. Devin Harris may start alongside Jeff, but I think Lou will get the majority of the minutes at the two position. The 6 players who should have their minutes maximized are Jeff Teague, Lou Williams, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Zaza Pachulia, and Kyle Korver. How they get those minutes is irrelevant, IMO, as long as they get them. Those are the 6 that will contribute the most to winning.

This is why I anticipate that Jeff will definitely be the starter, and that the minutes Jeff and Lou get will be maximized. Devin Harris may start alongside Jeff, but I think Lou will get the majority of the minutes at the two position. The 6 players who should have their minutes maximized are Jeff Teague, Lou Williams, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Zaza Pachulia, and Kyle Korver. How they get those minutes is irrelevant, IMO, as long as they get them. Those are the 6 that will contribute the most to winning.

i agree and whats so great anything from jenkins morrow harris is just icing on the cake

• Premium Member

I think Morrow has a shot at starting due to his size and shooting ability. I like Harris, but he's not a 2 and shouldn't start or play there imo. I think Morrow, Williams and Jenkins will take the minutes at the 2 spot.

jenkins will start at the 2 but lou will get the majority of the minutes at the 2. morrow will play spot minutes at the 2 and 3. harris will be the backup pg to teague, since they are so high on teague but that can change i think harris has something to prove.

• Premium Member

I don't know if any of this is relevant since veteran's camp hasn't started yet?I would think that LD would have to give the big nod before spots are given out. I would also think that Ferry likes Jeff based on Salary and probability that he will be staying?

• Premium Member

I don't know if any of this is relevant since veteran's camp hasn't started yet? I would think that LD would have to give the big nod before spots are given out. I would also think that Ferry likes Jeff based on Salary and probability that he will be staying?

I think it carries relevance to a certain extent. LD may be looking for a new contract with this team.

Jeff missed out on a lot of assists, because the guys shooting were shooting a lot of bricks. I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that.

you're not. Zaza alone kept Teague from averaging 1-2 more assists per game

Maybe he's talking him up cuz he's going to trade him and wants to enhance his value?

get outta here. somebody always has to say something like that. never holds water

• Moderators

Teague's handles are good, his speed is amazing, he shoots well (although funky), AND he plays good defense. Running the team and improving passing are his main knocks at this point. To me those are things that a 3rd year point can improve on with experience. The stuff he's already good at are the things you can't teach or learn real easily at this point.

• Like 1

Only in NBA 2k12.

how so? he averaged 5 assists in his first year starting. u don't think he can improve that by 2 with less iso joe and more shooters to pass too? plus 17 points is not that farfetched for him. he's a natural scorer. I see him averaging atleast 16 with joe gone. He's shown he can score no problem

• Premium Member

how so? he averaged 5 assists in his first year starting. u don't think he can improve that by 2 with less iso joe and more shooters to pass too? plus 17 points is not that farfetched for him. he's a natural scorer. I see him averaging atleast 16 with joe gone. He's shown he can score no problem

How is he doing this when he's coming off the bench for us or traded to another team? He's not starting over Harris and Teague isn't a 2 guard so he's on the bench.

How is he doing this when he's coming off the bench for us or traded to another team? He's not starting over Harris and Teague isn't a 2 guard so he's on the bench.

oh... i see. I now know to ignore all your future posts. thank you kind sir smh

Teague should start. Ferry has to determine if he is the answer at PG going forward or if we will still need to be drafting one or acquiring another. IF we do not land that Superstar this season, then the season will be a weeding out season where Ferry determines who are keepers and who will go away, wether at the trade deadline or after.By no means that Ferry thinks this roster as constructed is his FULL vison of the kind of team he wants.

Edited by JayBirdHawk