• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Harden suddenly seems like a better option than Superman

JTB

Not to get too ahead of myself of course superman would be better but if we got the 6th man instead im just as happy!

Not sure what Harden is looking for but I know he hasnt reached his ceiling!

Harden is SG that could turn into a superstar if he lands with a team of his own! Now does he want that? Who knows! but he will have a huge decision to make come next year! He's young and could be a starter damn near anywhere!

What's good about Harden?

-6th man winner

-has official SG size

-drives to the goal, shoot the 3! just a all around scorer

-TOP 10 FREE THROW SHOOTER IN THE NBA!....very impressive! he got to the line just as much as Kobe, Lebron, Wade!, even his own superstar teammate Kevin Durant!

He's no superstar but damn a roster of Teague, HARDEN, Smith and Horford is atleast 3 all star players and potentially all 4 can be all stars depending on how Teague go's about his play. Harden could turn into that 1 that next superstar we want and need so badly! I would gamble on it!...ALSO lets add the fact that Harden is cheaper than superman! hmmmmmm

Which lineup is better?

teague

harden

smith

horford

zaza or whoever

OR

teague

?

smith

horford

superman

What do you think? Harden over Superman?

Harden is a younger version of Joe. Would love to get him but doesn't that make our team teh same as last year? Also, I just don't see OKC letting him go?

Bingo. The Thunder have the power of "Bird Rights" to keep Harden in the mix for the next 5 years, if need be. Or Harden can just play for the qualifying offer in 2013 - 14, and become an unrestricted free agent. In either case, the likelihood of us getting Harden might be slimmer than us getting Howard. If given the choice, it's a no brainer. Howard > Harden Harden can ball though, despite his performance in the Finals.

A younger Joe with the team we had would have been a much better team. Joe was very very good when he first came to Atlanta. He was much more dynamic and athletic than he was these past couple of seasons. With that being said, him and Bynum would be a nice consolation next off season if we can't get Dwight and we let Smith go.

I love the dude, but his stock dropped just a bit after the Finals. He had an injury to his shooting hand, very significant, but I can't in good conscious give him a pass when I've criticized Joe for looking awful during his various injuries to knees, fingers, what have you. The only players I expect to possibly rise above injury and probably even use it to their advantage to focus more are Kobe and LeBron. I would love to have the guy here because he drives the hole like a madman and usually has the defense off balance with his quirky finish with either hand and ability to glide far away from the hoop or wait to the last possible split second to leave his feet for slithery finishes near the baseline. And he will dunk on your ass or at least try. Wouldnt max him though. He gets bored with defense sometimes.

• Admin

Well I'm thinking they'll let him go to sign Ibaka, but due to their attendance being great they might go in to the tax to keep him.

They will keep Harden long before they keep Ibaka...if they can only sign one then it will be Harden

• Moderators

They will keep Harden long before they keep Ibaka...if they can only sign one then it will be Harden

I agree 100%. That said, Harden has reportedly been dangled for a couple people already this offseason so Presti may see the writing on the wall as far as ownership not OKing a third max player on the roster.

Harden is a player I would expect Ferry to go strong after next offseason. We will need a SG with size heading forward. Harden would be a great fit for us. He is likely going to cost the max. No way the Thunder would be able to match that. About the best they can hope for is a S&T and Hawks get Harden on a 5 year deal say around 5 years/$70M-75M. Basically a similar contract JJ got when he first came here. Thunder get a huge TE.

• Admin

Uhm... Harden Sucks. Did he throw the finals or what? Seriously though.. I don't want to see Harden without 2 superstars.

He far from sucks. He did have a bad finals but was tremendous in the rest of the playoffs. I think he has a chance to be a special player but that has yet to be determined.

Harden is athletic, has an inside and outside game, young, Olympian, and he'll eventually be a 20 point scorer. I'd take him on the Hawks, he'd fit in just fine. HardenTeagueJoshHorfordLou WilliamsJenkins, getting rave reviews from the summer leagueBird rights to keep any of Zaza, Korver, Morrow, HarrisTWO more # 1 picks next yearDon't you think that's a pretty good team with lots of depth and room to grow?