• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Williams: WAIVED!

BrazilianHawk

Like I said in the other thread . . . If that guy got playing time here, something would've been horribly wrong with Zaza and/or Ivan.With this team as constructed, both Ivan and Zaza should be seeing at minimum 16 minutes a game. No need for Jordan to even be on the roster at that point, especially when we need depth at SF.This enables the Hawks to keep both Damion James and James Anderson if need be.The next move should be to cut Petro's sorry butt.

Edited by northcyde

Like I said in the other thread . . . If that guy got playing time here, something would've been horribly wrong with Zaza and/or Ivan. With this team as constructed, both Ivan and Zaza should be seeing at minimum 16 minutes a game. No need for Jordan to even be on the roster at that point, especially when we need depth at SF. This enables the Hawks to keep both Damion James and James Anderson if need be. The next move should be to cut Petro's sorry butt.

I think the decision on Petro hinges on whether we go Josh 3, Al 4, Zaza 5 or with our small lineup. I don't think Petro isn't going anywhere unless its as part of a trade. A 3 million dollar expiring has significant value. Edited by thecampster

Yeah, let's by all means get rid of any players we have that are taller than 6'9", and thus fulfill BK's master plan. Of course, while we're at it, we'll have to get rid of all these small guards like Teague, Williams and Harris.

But what if that tall player is useless, or doesn't at least have one "decent" skill to bring to the table? Why keep that player around? I will agree with thecampster in that Petro's REAL value to the Hawks, is his 3.5 mill expiring contract, and that he could possibly be packaged with someone ( cough ) Devin Harris ( cough ) to bring in a real nice starting quality type talent. Just keep Petro off the floor so he won't get hurt before the trade deadline.

But what if that tall player is useless, or doesn't at least have one "decent" skill to bring to the table? Why keep that player around? I will agree with thecampster in that Petro's REAL value to the Hawks, is his 3.5 mill expiring contract, and that he could possibly be packaged with someone ( cough ) Devin Harris ( cough ) to bring in a real nice starting quality type talent. Just keep Petro off the floor so he won't get hurt before the trade deadline.

As long as Horford and Pachulia are healthy and able to fill the center spot. If something happens to them, we have no depth at all at center. Williams couldn't possibly be any worse than Twin.

• Moderators

As long as Horford and Pachulia are healthy and able to fill the center spot. If something happens to them, we have no depth at all at center. Williams couldn't possibly be any worse than Twin.

Petro > Williams 3 centers is reasonable depth. Then you have Ivan, Smoove and Scott at PF.