• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets +6

Kimsey

• Moderators

Other than Harden, I personally don't think the Rockets have an above average player anywhere in their starting lineup. (If you ranked all the PGs, Lin is not going to be in the top half for me.) I think we should be favored in this one. I expect Stephenson to get plenty of time if he is effective on D.

• Moderators

Other than Harden, I personally don't think the Rockets have an above average player anywhere in their starting lineup. (If you ranked all the PGs, Lin is not going to be in the top half for me.) I think we should be favored in this one. I expect Stephenson to get plenty of time if he is effective on D.

I'd switch between Stevenson and Korver on Harden and only let Williams get on the floor when Lin/Harden are not on the floor. Teague and Harris are quick enough and are good enough defenders to handle Lin. One thing I noticed in the Pistons/Rockets game was that Harden and Lin were rarely on the floor with the other on the bench. And I agree with you, I believe the Pistons defense was that bad over Harden being that good. The Rockets will be at best a 7th seed in the West, 9th is likely.

So long as the average wc teams keep beating the hell out of every team in the east save Miami and Boston, the west is going to get the benefit of the doubt.

I may not agree with Houston by 6, but it is not a shock.

Edited by Buzzard

The other Morris brother is a decent player. He has shown promise but stunk it up in their first game this season. I am not really worried about Houston. They are a one trick pony show with Harden. They still need a front line. Very similar to us when all we had was JJ....Even though Lin is better than anyone we had at pg back then, he is not the next JKidd or Nash. And comparing Asik to Zaza is not that far off IMO, serviceable starters but not all star players.

• Moderators

Why is everyone doubting Lin?

No, he probably is not as good as his hot streak last year suggests, but there is very little to suggest that he is not near the top of the list in terms of being a PG.

What is your list?

This is a rough approximation of where I would put him:

************ (all guys I would take before Lin)

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Russell Westbrook

Rajon Rondo

Tony Parker

Kyrie Irving

Ty Lawson

Steve Nash (the non-Princeton offense/neutered version)

Stephen Curry

Mike Conley

Kyle Lowrie

John Wall

Brandon Jennings

********** (now a range of guys with values in the same range as Lin)

Goran Dragic

Jrue Holliday

Jeremy Lin

Isaiah Thomas

Damian Lilliard

Jeff Teague

Darren Collison

*********** (guys I would take Lin before for sure)

Mo Williams

Raymond Felton

Brandon Knight

Kemba Walker

Mario Chalmers

Jason Kidd

Why is everyone doubting Lin? No, he probably is not as good as his hot streak last year suggests, but there is very little to suggest that he is not near the top of the list in terms of being a PG.

14 and 6 is very similar to Mike Conley. I don't doubt him if that is the type of comparison you want to make. But the linsanity fever was more like Nash or JKidd hooopla, and he is not deserving of that.

What is your list?

This is a rough approximation of where I would put him:

************ (all guys I would take before Lin)

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Russell Westbrook

Rajon Rondo

Tony Parker

Kyrie Irving

Ty Lawson

Steve Nash (the non-Princeton offense/neutered version)

Stephen Curry

Mike Conley

Kyle Lowrie

John Wall

Brandon Jennings

********** (now a range of guys with values in the same range as Lin)

Goran Dragic

Jrue Holliday

Jeremy Lin

Isaiah Thomas

Damian Lilliard

Jeff Teague

Darren Collison

*********** (guys I would take Lin before for sure)

Mo Williams

Raymond Felton

Brandon Knight

Kemba Walker

Mario Chalmers

Jason Kidd

I was mainly talking about PGing ability... Although Lin has shown he can score if he has too.

Curry is a SG to me. Jennings PGing skills are fair, but that's about it. Hoilday is more of a scoring PG.