• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Important injury report

ATLscrubLove

That's two that won't make the trip, due to injuries.Last season, when Horford went down, Josh stepped up. We know this is justfor a game or two while Horford was out for an extended time. The questionnow facing us now is, who will step up?We had players, some not really that bad, that didn't see the floor in game one.This may help us shake things up some more. So many things we need to learnabout all the players we have and just how they are going to fit in the big picture.That's going to take some time.Meanwhile - - -GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Gray Mule

Who starts for Josh? I could see LD starting Tolliver because he thinks his precious offensive game plan is so important. I think LD is focussing more on the offense because he has this "plethera of shooters" . sometime you just need good ole fashioned hustle and toughness. I want to see Ivan play, LD may have no choice with Josh out. Ld had so much praise for Ivan in the pre-season then gave him a DNP for Tolliver.

Win or lose, this game is important for us.I feel like LD is still trying some things and trying to figure out what rotations to use. Whether this is an okay thing to be doing even after the regular season starts is perhaps a discussion worth having, but to me that appears to be the case. And if I'm right, it's unfortunate to have an important player out of the lineup. That just means one more game down the line where LD might still be tinkering with things.That being said, I'm interested to see if someone else (say, Lou Williams?) can pick up the slack on offense and perhaps Al Horford or DeShawn Stevenson can pick up the slack on defense.

Alot of people hating on his shot selection but nobody would force you to drive and be that active after almost any injury. He still ran the floor hard, got some dunks and took the challenge to guard Harden (a little too late) at the end.

Now Horford finally has a chance to be THE MAN, now that Josh is out. Lets see if he can step up his game like Josh did last year. I want to see if he goes to get the ball or continues to pass the ball when he gets it down low. We need to get a real center and put him at power forward and Josh at small forward.

Now Horford finally has a chance to be THE MAN, now that Josh is out. Lets see if he can step up his game like Josh did last year. I want to see if he goes to get the ball or continues to pass the ball when he gets it down low. We need to get a real center and put him at power forward and Josh at small forward.

LMAO....some of you guys want Horford to be a superstar sooooooooo bad, its kind of funny. He is a SOLID PLAYER not "THE MAN" and if you ask me, he has played better for us at the center position than @ PF. Not hating just being real! Edited by CODHAWKSFAN
  • Like 1

Alot of people hating on his shot selection but nobody would force you to drive and be that active after almost any injury. He still ran the floor hard, got some dunks and took the challenge to guard Harden (a little too late) at the end.

With or without the ankle injury his shot selection has ALWAYS been in question, so don't point to that as an excuse. I do agree that he toughed it out and finished the game. It is only one game but it's a new season and we expect him to be better and different than last season, not a good start. Edited by JayBirdHawk