• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford showed tonight he can be the man

Sothron

• Premium Member

23 points 12 Reb 3 assists 1 steal 1 block on 11/19 shooting? Yes please, can I have some more?Let's be honest: not having Mr. Brick out there thanks to his ankle showed what the team can do without having a ball hog and a guy that is addicted to shooting long twos for no reason.I'm hoping Ferry was paying attention tonight and can find a good deal for Josh. Horford can absolutely be the centerpiece guy because he almost always only takes good shots and he isn't a ball hog or a black hole on offense that has to waste the shot clock.

• Premium Member

23 points 12 Reb 3 assists 1 steal 1 block on 11/19 shooting? Yes please, can I have some more? Let's be honest: not having Mr. Brick out there thanks to his ankle showed what the team can do without having a ball hog and a guy that is addicted to shooting long twos for no reason. I'm hoping Ferry was paying attention tonight and can find a good deal for Josh. Horford can absolutely be the centerpiece guy because he almost always only takes good shots and he isn't a ball hog or a black hole on offense that has to waste the shot clock.

You make a very valid point. I don't think it's a coincidence that they played well without Josh tonight, just liked they played well without him in game 5 of the playoffs. Without a guy who routinely takes bad shots and makes bad decisions with seemingly no accountability, you saw a group of guys buy in to a team concept and give great effort.

Great game, but I must add that OKC doesn't have a whole lot of size. He got to play against a smaller creativity and did well. All that says is what most squawkers have been saying for a while. That he's be really good next to a real C.

• Premium Member

Great game, but I must add that OKC doesn't have a whole lot of size. He got to play against a smaller creativity and did well. All that says is what most squawkers have been saying for a while. That he's be really good next to a real C.

What? Thabeet, Perkins, Collison and Ibaka are all taller and/or bigger than Al.

23 points 12 Reb 3 assists 1 steal 1 block on 11/19 shooting? Yes please, can I have some more? Let's be honest: not having Mr. Brick out there thanks to his ankle showed what the team can do without having a ball hog and a guy that is addicted to shooting long twos for no reason. I'm hoping Ferry was paying attention tonight and can find a good deal for Josh. Horford can absolutely be the centerpiece guy because he almost always only takes good shots and he isn't a ball hog or a black hole on offense that has to waste the shot clock.

SLOW DOWNNNNNN.....Horford is not a #1 option, now I'm not necessarily saying Smith is a #1 either, but he is the only real difference maker on our team as far as changing momentum on both sides of the ball. Great win for the Hawks, but we definitely need some size in the back court...Tyreke Evans and Teague backcourt would be amazing to see...
  • Like 2

Josh will get love if he puts up 23 and 11 on 58% FG shooting in a winbut just don't expect it if he puts up 23 and 11 on 43% shooting in a loss . . from the PF spot.Frontline players need to shoot a high percentage. And the only reason why Smith doesn't shoot a high percentage is because he wants to prove to everybody that he can make an 18 footer, instead of slashing WITHOUT THE BALL toward the rim, ( like Ivan does ), and get most of his points and shots around the rim.Until that happens, people will ALWAYS complain about Smith. He needs to stop trying to be like Kevin Durant, and try to be more like Kenneth Faried.

• Like 2