• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CODE RED : Operation Trade Josh Immediately!

Ruckus

• Premium Member

I find it unreal that after Josh gave lip service about not taking long jump shots and working around the rim in the offseason and in the first game that counts he was the same old Josh as ever. And the unreal part? People here actually expect him to change after we've seen he won't change. He'll never change. It is in his DNA for him to take horrible shots and jabber at the refs up and down the court and blame others instead of himself.I frankly have had enough of it. Our team of misfit toys from the Rudolph special found a way to beat a Finals team on the road without Josh. We didn't have to put up with 10-15 bad possessions because MID RANGE SHAWTY decided to be selfish. We actually had good ball movement and the most efficient guy on our team, Al Horford, actually got a chance to show what he can do with more shots.I say we trade Josh to the best deal we can find and we laugh all the way to the bank when that team's fans start to complain about Josh's shot selection or his constant fighting with the refs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

In the first game Al was no where to be found because of him being way to passive, he stated this himself. If Al was as aggressive in that game as he was last night we will be 2-0 even with Harden killing us the way he did. I do not believe it was josh fault for his passiveness. We can be a good team this yr still with both Al and Josh attacking and rebounding. If i'm not mistaken Josh beat this same team last yr without Joe or Al and put up better numbers. No one wanted to get rid of Al then, did they?

+10000. I made the mistake of taking this thread seriously, but I should know better by now. This is just another Smoove hate thread with all of the usual suspects showing up to roast their least favorite player.

• Premium Member

Yes. We'll let you know beforehand next time. Sorry.The fact is Josh CAN leave the Hawks for nothing.Are you willing to pay him the max? If so... then I have nothing more to say.]My opinion, though, is that we should look for ways to get some pieces that will play within themselves and not just for the net contract.So... Code Red: Opertion TJI.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am not smitten with Ferry but I do feel pretty confident he will either have a plan to sign Josh or he will deal him. I am not real worried about him holding Josh and losing him for nothing.

+10000. I made the mistake of taking this thread seriously, but I should know better by now. This is just another Smoove hate thread with all of the usual suspects showing up to roast their least favorite player.

You also probably cried when we let Joe go. It's easy just to use your everpresent hater card and not think about the best interest of the team. You can't be afraid of change or else you never will. I'm glad you aren't our GM.

The only stats I'm interested are the W/L columns. He fills the stat sheet, SO WHAT? Still a loss, greatly influenced by his "bunch of stupid shots". We can win without him. Think about having a good, disciplined SF instead of him... We would be really good and much less inconsistent.

You win as a team and you lose as a team. A loss can't completely fall on his shoulders.

While I agree a loss absolutely does not fall on any one player's shoulders, our win yesterday showed my a completely different team. We were exactly what you want a team to play like. We are a different team with Josh trying to control the floor, only caring about his own numbers and complaining to refs and his teammates. Anyone who keeps trying to say "but it's only been two games" is blocking out the big picture.

Seems some people think the Hawks began when they started following them. Smith has been a player too stupid to know he's stupid because of his foolish pride forever. He thinks leading is being himself; because he's Jossh Smith and that's enough. JJ was a bit like that, I always thought they had a problem with each other.JJ's gone, now it's time to move Josh. the perfect time. Don't wait to get backed up to the deadline. Don't let the "Smith is disgrunteled" headlines start. Trade him. Just like OKC did with Harden; they made an offer to keep him, he didn't take it, he was gone and the team knows where it is and moves on with the trade.Hawks need to go young around Horf and Teague. I like Lou but his size is a liability.Go young and wait for 2013-14 for our next window.Being patient is trading Smith for youth, keeping him is instant gratification waiting for the instant gratification big FA to come that isn't coming.Oh and make sure we get a nice young BIG C with potential in the rebuild

I am not against keeping Josh on this team. He is unquestionably the defensive rock of this team. He's the energy guy that every team needs. He is a very good all-around talent.But people around him ( and his fans ) keep telling him that if he just develops a jumpshot, he'd be a superstar.It's never going to happen folks. He's not all of a sudden going to develop an automatic 18 foot Jumpshot like Chris Webber had in his prime. It just isn't going to happen.What he can do, is become the best transition finisher in the game next to Lebron James. What he can do, is start letting people like Teague lead fast breaks and lead the halfcourt offense, in which he looks to get Josh easy looks from 10 feet and in. What he can do, is start crashing the offensive boards and try to get offensive rebound putbacks ( like Al did last night ), instead of drifting out toward the 3 point line looking for an open jumpshot.But he has to be WILLING to do ALL of that. That's the only way he's ever going to be an efficient offensive player.Josh definitely has value across the league. And I truly believe a team like Cleveland will break the bank to bring him in, alongside Kyrie Irving. But for the Hawks, that price tag can't be so high, that we're paying him a salary in which he feels he has to be "All-NBA", when he doesn't have All-NBA offensive talent.People will consistently complain about Josh until he completely plays to his strengths.Like everyone else, it was just nice to see Teague have complete control of the team, with everyone else taking the type of shots that they are known to make. And it was nice to see the guy who shoots the highest percentage on the team, finally get a good number of touches.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

From the year Woody had Smoove in reins, 2010 I think, in which he was a blocking/rebounding/dunking beast and shot a great FG% and just a handful of 3-pointers and long jumps, to the present date, all he did was the exact opposite he was supposed to do in order to become an All-Star. His number of long jumpers (bad shots by definition) skyrocketed when Drew was made HC. Does anyone really think he will someday get it? He cries about not being selected to the ASG but fails to realize it's because of not playing the way his team needs him to play. Had he followed his own 2010 footsteps, he could be All-NBA and deserving of a max contract. Right now, I'm just sick of seeing the man not to do what it takes. Such a waste of talent.

I like a lot of what Josh does, but I think his attitude is and has been a detriment to the team. Bball is the ultimate team sport, the perfect synergy of athleticism, movement and skill. I love a team that plays to those three things, Josh Smith doesn't. He doesn't get the synergy part and the team's movement and skill are effected.He will get a max or at least near max contract. i don't want it to be from the Hawks because I don't want to lose Horford and We need to pair Horf with a talented C.The time to trade him is now

• Moderators

The game vs. OKC was like when a starting QB gets injured and the backup steps in. Everyone rallies around the backup and they either win the game or come damn close to winning. This team has shown in the past that when it is faced with adversity, they usually step up, defy the odds, and keep chugging along. Josh isn't a problem... yet. The first game of the year is just that - the first game of the year. Start these kind of threads when Christmas rolls around and Smith still isn't gelling with this team. Hate, hate, hate.

• Premium Member

The game vs. OKC was like when a starting QB gets injured and the backup steps in. Everyone rallies around the backup and they either win the game or come damn close to winning. This team has shown in the past that when it is faced with adversity, they usually step up, defy the odds, and keep chugging along. Josh isn't a problem... yet. The first game of the year is just that - the first game of the year. Start these kind of threads when Christmas rolls around and Smith still isn't gelling with this team. Hate, hate, hate.

How many years have we been waiting for him to do exactly that? It seems we say the same thing EVERY year.

• Moderators

Remember for the "trade Josh!!" crowd that his value isn't anywhere close to Harden's and what you get back won't be close either. He will be an unrestricted FA this summer and the warts that we see are the same ones that other GMs will see as well. His higher max salary, UFA status, and the tweener nature of his game will all be obstacles to recouping a big gain via trade. This is the sort of decision where Ferry need to earn his money.

• Like 3

Smh its just the second game, lets see how things pan out bfor we start making trade threads.......in my honest opinion drew needs to go before josh. If LD played ivan on friday to help on the boards insraed of his love child tolliver i think we would have won on friday night and this thread wouldnt even be here......just saying.

Smh its just the second game, lets see how things pan out bfor we start making trade threads.......in my honest opinion drew needs to go before josh. If LD played ivan on friday to help on the boards insraed of his love child tolliver and Josh would stop shooting 75-footers i think we would have won on friday night and this thread wouldnt even be here......just saying.

Fixed Posted Image

Smh its just the second game, lets see how things pan out bfor we start making trade threads.......in my honest opinion drew needs to go before josh. If LD played ivan on friday to help on the boards insraed of his love child tolliver i think we would have won on friday night and this thread wouldnt even be here......just saying.

I agree. We need to give the team a little more time before we start jumping on who needs to go and what needs to happen. I think you make a great point here, too.