• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove's stats through 5 games ( 4 in his case )

ATLscrubLove

Posted Image

OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

2.00 5.30 7.30 3.3 1.00 2.00 3.00 3.00 13.8

MPG FG% 3p% FT%

37.0 0.394 0.143 0.143

Are these the numbers of a "leader"? NOPE

*Judging by all stats combined from every player on the team, Smoove is the 3rd

guy, behind Horf and Teague. Is That you want us to waste more time and money on? Not me. I like Smoove, but he isn't producing like he should.

Posted ImageBye Smoove...

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Smoove isn't producing in 5 games of the season, so we must trade him NOW! - LOL what? Really? But anyways, Horford has been a 15/8 guy with better FG%, but doesn't have the other stats that Smoove has. I'm all in to trading Hawksquawks golden boy Al & Smoove.

Edited by AHawks89

I mean, I would like to keep Smoove but he just isn't a leader. Plus he will want close to a max next season, we may as well trade him now and get something for him.

As well as Al Horford. I think we can get a lot more value out of Al since he still has some years on his contract.

I honestly don't think Al can play the PF position as good. Way to many good & athletic PF's out there for him to guard. In my opinion, I think Smoove is a lot better than Horford in all aspects of the game except FG%. But I'm down to trade both Al & Smoove. Al is nothing special. I say we trade both and see what can get. Time for a change.

This is getting pathetic. Not the fact that Josh is patheric (because weve known this for 4 years now).. But its pathetic how after everygame all we do is post hate threads about josh everygame. Does he deserve it? Maybe so.. But cmon this shits just gettin more annoying than watching him play.

This is getting pathetic. Not the fact that Josh is patheric (because weve known this for 4 years now).. But its pathetic how after everygame all we do is post hate threads about josh everygame. Does he deserve it? Maybe so.. But cmon this shits just gettin more annoying than watching him play.

I agree, I was jus gonna put up his numbers then I got pissed off looking at them.

Sample size can make some look like a superstar and some like a D League player. We've seen Josh. We know what we got, good and bad. Stop acting like hysterical old women because he started to season with a few stinkers..ffs.

• Like 2

Yea but Horford is a good piece to have. He isn't a #1 option but he is a solid all-star type player. Would be a lot better if he could consistently play PF.

This is just not true. if anything he has a better chance at C b/c he has that Jumpshot all day b/c other Cs are scare to come out on him

• Premium Member

Problem is now he thinks he has to lead the team, but he doesn't have what it takes. Unless he thinks being a leader is shooting every damn ball that comes his way. Why continue to take those long shots? SHOOTERS SHOOT? Not even going to mention what I think about the FT%.Another (maybe even bigger) problem is LD is an enabler. And his sub patterns are beyond horrendous. Both must go.Also I'm very underwhelmed by Harris. Honestly, Marvin was way more useful than this guy. Just sayin', I know the trade was made just to free cap space.Guys MUST spend some serious time shooting FTs at practice. This is just ridiculous.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

There was, once upon a time, a coach who had convinced a young Josh Smith to play basketball the right way (for the most part), but we ran him out of town. I wonder how Mr. Pota..ehm..Mike Woodson is doing in NY. Last I checked, he's doing damn good.

• Moderators

There was, once upon a time, a coach who had convinced a young Josh Smith to play basketball the right way (for the most part), but we ran him out of town. I wonder how Mr. Pota..ehm..Mike Woodson is doing in NY. Last I checked, he's doing damn good.

So 5 years of Josh taking more jumpers every season followed by one season of Josh limiting his 3's while increasing his long 2pt jumpers over the prior year from 20% of his shots to 24% of his shots is convincing Josh to play the right way? Really?

Woodson failed to mold or manage Josh.

And is that remotely surprising when you hear his attitude about Josh's long jumpers?

“Josh is five years in the league now, man,” Woodson said after Smith’s 5-for-19 shooting effort in the loss to the Rockets. “And it comes down to time, score and situation. That’s the bottom line. We’re not telling him he can’t shoot 3-pointers but if you miss four or five jump shots, something has to go off in his head that says, ‘I have to do something else.’"

Drew has been even worse, but that is like comparing George W. Bush and Barack Obama to see which one was closer to a balanced budget. (Spoiler alert: Both sucked). Edited by AHF
  • Like 3

My patience with Josh has come to an end. His childish throwing of the mouthpiece into the press wall tonight after yet another terrible turnover says it all. He's still a temper prone immature guy who needs a coach or teammates to put him in his place to keep him from being a detriment to his own team. We don't have a strong enough head coach nor teammates willing to go on the records as saying he kills the team more than he saves them. Hopefully Ferry is looking for the best possible trade scenario right now.

• Premium Member

No, what is annoying is watching anyone that calls themselves a HAWKS fan defending a player that clearly only cares about themselves and has played putrid throughout the season so far.
  • Like 2