• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have been a critic of Teague

capstone21

Teague has added the ability to go left............which they have highlighted on the telecast. this makes him much more difficult to defend.The best thing for Teague was getting iso -rock pounders like Crawford and JJ off the team. I like the ball in Teague's hands much more then JJ's at this point in their careers. He can get to the rim better then JJ and he can create for others just as well as JJ.

• Like 2

It's not the attacking the rim and his jump shot...he was always a scorer...it's his passing...he has been getting others involved and getting the ball to guys at the right time which is the sign of his growth.

He made some nice lobs to Horford last night as he penetrated and forced Horford's defender to step out.

I noticed about a week back and joked in the chat that people should remember the day that Teague looked off Josh when he demanded the ball. The play turned out to not be the best decision as Jeffrey ended up with a forced layup but the simple matter of emphatically saying no to a teammate symbolized to me that our lil pup has finally grown and has the confidence he needs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Teague has added the ability to go left............which they have highlighted on the telecast. this makes him much more difficult to defend. The best thing for Teague was getting iso -rock pounders like Crawford and JJ off the team. I like the ball in Teague's hands much more then JJ's at this point in their careers. He can get to the rim better then JJ and he can create for others just as well as JJ.

That's the thing about pro sports. It's not all numbers. These are humans and they are affected by chemistry. When you have guys that believe that the ball belongs to them and a coach that buries you on the bench, it's not easy for a player to develop properly. I'd like to throw a "pay attention" and a "toldjaso" in here...but not about Teague. But along these lines... When we were rebuilding many moons ago, I kept banging my head against the wall trying to get the point through to people. When you're a lottery team or a rebuilding team, that's the ideal time to turn young players loose on the floor. You don't want to bury them on the bench behind the vets and coddle them. You want to see what they've got and allow them to make mistakes while the games don't matter. The vets are invaluable and will teach them the game, but they're not the future of your club. It's different when you have a winning club though and that's where Teague found himself caught up. I knew Teague was a keeper from day one. Not in the sense that he would be a star or a phenom...but there's certain things that you see in a player and you just don't throw that away. You keep that kind of player and you give him a REAL chance to show what he can do. Even if he disappoints. You have to give him a real shot. Personally, I thought that he and Al should have been options 2 and 3 respectively behind JJ last season. But...that was never going to happen with Smoovey Bryant on the floor.

• Moderators

I noticed about a week back and joked in the chat that people should remember the day that Teague looked off Josh when he demanded the ball. The play turned out to not be the best decision as Jeffrey ended up with a forced layup but the simple matter of emphatically saying no to a teammate symbolized to me that our lil pup has finally grown and has the confidence he needs.

Now if we can just get Josh not to look off Jeff when they are both wide open at the 3 point line (in the playoffs, season on the line) post-420-0-90513100-1334859538_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

His passing is getting better. His floater and jumper are still both inconsistent and he may still turn it over too much at times but his passing and ability to run the team is getting better still has a long way to go but I trust him more running the team than the other options currently. Seems like he is hesitant to hit Korver off those screens too. Korver seems always open off of them.

His playmaking has been the highlight of the Hawks so far. Still get a bit annoyed when Horford or Smith run the ball fullcourt and dismiss Jeff when he is open. Smith is the main offender, guess we will have to put up with that alpha male thing as long as he is with the Hawks.Jeff was getting double teamed all game, good sign of respect of his abilities and a reflection that other teams have definitely noticed.