Mike Brown?

yungsta

The Atlanta Hawks have lost eight out of 10 games and will be without Lou Williams for the remainder of the season.

If Danny Ferry decides to part ways with Larry Drew, sources say Quin Snyder and Mike Brown would be favorites.

I have no idea who quin snyder is but mike brown?????? He is TERRIBLE!! i know this rumor has some meat to it because this isnt the first time I have heard he wanted mike brown to be our head coach because of the spurs connection..

Im starting to lose faith in ferry. Everyone rumor I have heard from him is the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear..

1. Want to build around smoove

2. supposedly being in win now mode

Etc..

Etc...

I have no idea who quin snyder is but mike brown?????? He is TERRIBLE!! i know this rumor has some meat to it because this isnt the first time I have heard he wanted mike brown to be our head coach because of the spurs connection..

Im starting to lose faith in ferry. Everyone rumor I have heard from him is the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear..

1. Want to build around smoove

2. supposedly being in win now mode

Etc..

Etc...

Mike Brown has been to the promise land once and fell short, granted he had some great talent in Cleveland. I'm not completely opposed of this but Brown wouldn't particularly be a prime choice in my opinion for our situation... But hey you gotta admit, just about anyone could do a better job than LD. I think the majority of Hawks fans are about fed up with him, beggars can't be choosers. I just can't wait to see what Ferry does to fill that roster spot, plus the obvious. IF he will finally stop teasing everyone about a possible trade involving Smoove and actually gets a deal done. I'll give Ferry til the deadline to see what he has up his sleeve. But if I don't see a deal go down we can asume 1 of the following 2 scenarios:

[*]Ferry and Smoove have some sort of diabolical plan to build a "super team" here in Atlanta

[*]Ferry is in an idiot.

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Mike Brown has been to the promise land once and fell short, granted he had some great talent in Cleveland. I'm not completely opposed of this but Brown wouldn't particularly be a prime choice in my opinion for our situation... But hey you gotta admit, just about anyone could do a better job than LD. I think the majority of Hawks fans are about fed up with him, beggars can't be choosers. I just can't wait to see what Ferry does to fill that roster spot, plus the obvious. IF he will finally stop teasing everyone about a possible trade involving Smoove and actually gets a deal done. I'll give Ferry til the deadline to see what he has up his sleeve. But if I don't see a deal go down we can asume 1 of the following 2 scenarios:

[*]Ferry and Smoove have some sort of diabolical plan to build a "super team" here in Atlanta

[*]Ferry is in an idiot.

There has to be some type of plan in place because there is NO WAY Danny Ferry builds a team with Josh Smith being the centerpiece. There would be no other logical explanation for his absolute refusal to deal Josh Smith.

I have no idea who quin snyder is but mike brown?????? He is TERRIBLE!!

Quin Snyder is a fellow Dukie who played under Coach K. Was an assistant for Coach K and then became head coach of Missouri. He left after some turmoil. May have been some NCAA sanctions. Can't remember for sure but remember some "dirty poker" rumors going on.. I always thought he was a good coach but a personal thing for me is I can't stand grown who have bangs they must continually brush out of their eyes. I believe he was part of the Hurley Laetnner, Hill ra of Duke basketball.....Hurley and Christian had the stupid hair cuts too.

I would not be suprised Johnny Dawkins get mentioned as he has ties to both Duke and the Spurs just like Ferry.

I can't see Mike Brown here.........I think are just throwing that name out their b/c he was coaching Cleveland when Ferry was GM of Cleveland.

Edited by coachx

Go back and look at the Cavs roster that made the Finals and won a trailer load of games. Like Taz said, "he's a damn fine coach." Light years ahead of D'Antoni at least, but that's everybody from D1 and up.

They had a good roster. Mo Williams, Big Z, and Jamison were all star caliber players. Today they are washed up but back then they still had plenty of game.

If we hire Brown then Ferry really has no clue. Flat out horrible coach. Worst in the NBA for half time adjustments and doesn't run an offense. Unless you call ISO and offense. This would set the franchise back worst than it already is currently.

They had a good roster. Mo Williams, Big Z, and Jamison were all star caliber players. Today they are washed up but back then they still had plenty of game.

Jamison was on the their rival Wizards for the bulk of the Cavs playoff run. You say Mo and Z were good, "All-Star caliber", we agree to disagree. I'm sure they'd tell you to a man their All-Star nods had much more to do with King than themselves. Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, and Booby Gibson? They only lost the last two games in the Finals by a few points. I'm sorry, a trash coach simply cannot accomplish that. I'm not a Brown fan by any means, but I think he's been killed unjustifiably by the media, a lot simply due to how bad he looks on the sideline. He got the Lakers to the second round, same as Phil, now they're out of the playoffs at the break.

brown is like woody!!!!..........why would ferry want this for the hawks?

i rather keep LD....brown is so overrated because of lebron james. i mean he's ok just not for the hawks! I rather have gundy...which ever one jeff.....stan.....just please ferry for the hawks organizations sake dont hire brown

i hope we all know if that happens we are done.

Dammit I hope that this is just a rumor and a rumor only! I think im going to be SICK!!! Ferry has ALREADY made this mistake in cleveland! Why would he do it again?! He got brown and LBJ just what they asked for! So LBJ and brown not winning a title is ultimately on them!

Seriously guys no lie.....

I remember every interview of James asking for these players specifically and ferry got them for him and cleveland still could not win! Those players james asked for was.....

shaq

jamison

mo williams

he also asked for amare but it was between amare and jamison. Ferry grabbed jamison.

I mean he asked for it and he got it and they didnt win. Im just saying brown couldnt make it work then what makes him a special coach now?