• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Because You Just Can't Get Enough of Ray Edwards

lethalweapon3

Herschel Walker! Have you heard about his unorthodox diet/training?

From Wiki:

Walker is known for his unorthodox training and dieting methods. Walker says he sleeps five hours a night and eats only one meal a day (skipping breakfast and lunch). He is a vegetarian and his diet is made up mostly of soup, bread and salad. Walker has never tasted beer or liquor and has never taken aspirin or any other type of medication.[citation needed]

Walker has participated in a variety of sports including football, Olympic bobsledding, track and field, taekwondo, and ballet dancing. Instead of lifting weights, he has a daily regimen of 3,500 sit-ups, 1,000 push-ups and eight mile runs. He has been going through this same routine since high school.[28]

Old man muscle!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ray Edwards don't care what Hawksquawk has to say!

http://deadspin.com/5987161/ray-edwards-says-dont-blame-him-for-that-fixed-boxing-match

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/02/26/ray-edwards-boxing-van-goodman/

Ray Edwards joined KFAN in Minneapolis with the Common Man to talk about what happened in his last fight, what goes through his mind during these fights against guys that he knows he should be able to beat and what he makes of his competition.

What happened in his last fight: "There's nothing I can do about it. The guy I was originally supposed to fight backed out before the weigh-ins and they didn't want to cancel my fight so they said they had to find some guy the night before. That's what I woke up to, the guy I fought in the ring."

What goes through his mind during these fights against lower level competition: "Seek and destroy. I'm not worried about any guy I get in the ring with, period. I used to get only one week to prepare for an opponent of many talents playing an NFL offense. You're giving me four or eight weeks to study for a guy that is the only person I have to worry about? Seek and destroy."

If you can't beat Van Goodman then you better sign with Atlanta again or something like that: "It's funny. Everybody keeps talking about doing this and doing that. Everybody has wanted to see me fail my whole life. I don't care about what you have to say, I don't care what ESPN has to say I don't care about Inside Edition, I don't care what nobody has to say. At the end of the day, if you want some, come get some. I don't care who you are. (Host: I'm on your side.) You're telling me if I can't win then I need to go back to football. (Host: Well because if you're going to be the heavyweight champion of the world then you have to beat Van Goodman.) Oh I'm not worried about that. If I was worried about that then I wouldn't be sitting here right now doing this interview."

~lw3

• 2 weeks later...

Herschel Walker! Have you heard about his unorthodox diet/training? From Wiki: Old man muscle!

That's the craziest regimen I've ever seen. If I only ate vegetables once a day, I'd surely die within a few weeks. I assure you I wouldn't spend my limited energy on calisthenics, though. "Come here, woman. Remove your frock, now."