• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would LOVE to hear Josh say something like Lebron did

Admin

ESPNNBA RT@WindhorstESPN: LeBron on future of Big 3s: "To keep teams like this together you may have to take even less. I guess we’ll find out."

And of course actions speak louder than words but they did all take much less than the max to even form that team. Would love to hear Josh come out and say that he's willing to take a team friendly deal like Al did to be able to bring in another star player to form our own semi-big 3.

• Like 2

I would love for Josh to do everything like LeBron. Have some kids, eat cereal with em in the morning, go get his hairline pushed back, everything.

Haha well who was it Gearon who said that Josh is the closest thing to Lebron in the league? I guess we'll see...

As each day passes it shows that Josh cares a little less about winning. And more about himself.

At least this is the vibe I am seeing.

• Like 1

Read the latest peachtree article from J. Walker (who I respect when it comes to hawks info), basically saying Josh's camp is leaking rumors of trades because he wants max money and doesn't want to be here. Sounds like both parties need to part ways.

• Like 1

Read the latest peachtree article from J. Walker (who I respect when it comes to hawks info), basically saying Josh's camp is leaking rumors of trades because he wants max money and doesn't want to be here. Sounds like both parties need to part ways.

That makes no sense...........saying you want max money, when your obviosuly not a max player, does not make teams want to trade for you. Your basically sayihng I'm going to the highest bidder........so if you trade for me their will be no loyalty to you for wanting me and giving up assets to get me.

That makes no sense...........saying you want max money, when your obviosuly not a max player, does not make teams want to trade for you. Your basically sayihng I'm going to the highest bidder........so if you trade for me their will be no loyalty to you for wanting me and giving up assets to get me.

Unless the team they are discussing a trade with is willing to give Josh max money. Then it makes perfect sense and according to reports Phoenix is willing to give him a max deal.

• Premium Member

If it is true that his camp is doing this, then I hope for our sake he gets his wish. FWIW, I heard an interview that Jason did earlier this week with Bill Shanks and he stated he didn't believe Ferry wanted Josh as a part of the team long term. Also, in his midseason review, Ferry stated his favorite game of the was the OKC win early in the season and we all know who didn't play in that game.
  • Like 1

The idea is that you are presenting misinformation that teams DO think you are worth a max or close to it that way other teams feel that that is a reasonable price to pay to acquire you. You know how it is, you have to game the market. Teams definitely do covet him but they may have a lower price that they are willing to pay so what do you do? You say "welllllllI I hear this rival team of yours is willing to top your current offer" and you see if they bite. It's becoming clear that he wants a Bird max but would like it better if he could get it elsewhere by getting traded now.

• Like 2

Divorce is messy. And this one is about to get extremely messy.

• Moderators

I don't see any downside to Josh from saying he wants max money if that is his goal or from his camp leaking rumors to try to start a bidding or faux bidding war.

I don't see any downside to Josh from saying he wants max money if that is his goal or from his camp leaking rumors to try to start a bidding or faux bidding war.

It might scare off some teams who would like to have him and would like to keep him beyond this season but maybe they aren't looking at him as a max player. If it doesn't scare them off it could certainly cause them to reduce what they're willing to part with via trade. To me that's a definite downside.

It's easy for Lebron to take a pay cut because he obviously more than make up for it in so many other areas with all his endorsements. I don't blame Josh for trying to get as much as he can but as a fan I would like for him to sign for less than max so we can spend more on completing the team.

• Like 2

The idea is that you are presenting misinformation that teams DO think you are worth a max or close to it that way other teams feel that that is a reasonable price to pay to acquire you. You know how it is, you have to game the market. Teams definitely do covet him but they may have a lower price that they are willing to pay so what do you do? You say "welllllllI I hear this rival team of yours is willing to top your current offer" and you see if they bite. It's becoming clear that he wants a Bird max but would like it better if he could get it elsewhere by getting traded now.

That makes even less sense.

Just b/c you say your worth max money will not make other GMs believe your worth max money.........espcially when your name is Josh Smith.

That makes even less sense.

Just b/c you say your worth max money will not make other GMs believe your worth max money.........espcially when your name is Josh Smith.

I dunno there's the whole theory of planting the seed. Maybe he's just planting the seed that he's worth that much?

Yeah, that would be nice if the Hawks/Josh Smith were in that postion for him be able to say that.

We'll never know because the extra 5-7 million he's requesting over what he should be paid will cripple this teams cap and keep us from adding a lead dog.

What Lebron has worked out is that he can make more money off endorsements from winning championships that he can demanding the max. He's also worked out that he can only win those championships by surrounding himself with a good team.

We'll never know because the extra 5-7 million he's requesting over what he should be paid will cripple this teams cap and keep us from adding a lead dog.

I don't recall Dwight & CP3 saying they want to team up and play for ATL. If the Hawks were in that situation, I'm sure all 3 would take paycuts.

Edited by AHawks89