• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

76ers getting involved with Smoove trade talks?

ATLscrubLove

Saw a report on Hoopshype that Philly could be a potential landing spot for Smoove

"Look for the 76ers, who have been dangling both Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner to other teams, to be a potential landing place. ESPN.com

Possibly the best offer we've gotten so far. Both players have 1 more year on their deals. Spencer would give us a real Center, Turner would give us an actual SF. Thoughts?

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This trade is interesting and would have to be considered. I believe if Ferry pulls the trigger he wants to trade Smoove to the Western Conference. As in another thread I dont think a trade is made involving Smoove at the deadline.

Thought Hawes was older than he is. Skilled passer for a big

Wow I didn't realize he was only 24! He also played pretty well as a starter in the playoffs last year if I recall correctly. I have no delusions that he will ever be a starter, but I think he'd be an upgrade over Zaza off the bench.

Turner is the prize. Hawes fills a need

I'm just not sure that Turner has the potential to really get any better. I don't think that he has that lead dog mentality that we would need from him. It's hard to imagine that the Sixers would be looking to move him if he were really all that likely to get much better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm just not sure that Turner has the potential to really get any better. I don't think that he has that lead dog mentality that we would need from him. It's hard to imagine that the Sixers would be looking to move him if he were really all that likely to get much better.

None of that really matters.

Turner makes a good fit.

Hawes fits what we need right now.

Both guys are young 24.

Hawes, Horf, Evans, ______, Teague is a great start. At that 2, we can plug in a guy like Mayo.

Imagine:

Hawes, Horf, Evans, Mayo, and Teague.

That's youth. Experience. Potential.

Plus, we would still have plenty of picks to build with.