• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's Summer Free Agent Options

wolvetigers

A list of major/notable Free Agents this summer - that the Hawks could potentially acquire - .--Slim picking....Looks like Danny needs to be creative with a Sign & Trade....Smith Maybe useful..

PG

Chris Paul

Brandon Jennings (Qualifying Offer)

SG
Monta Ellis
Kevin Martin

Tyreke Evans (Qualifying Offer)

SF
Earl Clark (lakers)

PF
JJ Hickson

Paul Millsap

C

Al-Jefferson

Dwight Howard

Salem Dalembert

Andrew Bynum

Edited by wolvetigers

No one says we have to spend all the cap space this off season. Maybe piece this off season, then a trade during next year's season, and a free agent or two the following off season. That is what cap flexibility gives us.

Obviously Dwight is at the top of everyone who can sign him's list. I honestly wonder what Bynum's value will be? He's arguably better than Dwight offensively but can't stay healthy. Sitting out this entire season may be good for his health but it has to kill some of his value. Who will have the money to sign him other than the Sixers (re-sign), Mavs and Rockets (who don't need him because they have Asik)? If his value has dropped to a reasonable level, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks snag him for a 3-4 year deal at $12 million per. I think he gets way more than that though.

You guys keep overlooking by far the best value in FA at C next year and that's Pekovic. He's not a houseohold name but the guy is a beast!

What is the likelihood Minnesota allows him to become a FA? I'd like to get him as well.

What is the likelihood Minnesota allows him to become a FA? I'd like to get him as well.

We'll have to make a big offer that Minnesota won't match, much like the Rockets did to the Bulls with Asik. Let's just hope that AK47 picks up his 10 million dollar player option for next year so that the Wolves will have to think twice about matching our offer. I don't know what we can do about front loading the contract but if we could start it at say 16 million and then decrease it annually we might force them to let him go.

We'll have to make a big offer that Minnesota won't match, much like the Rockets did to the Bulls with Asik. Let's just hope that AK47 picks up his 10 million dollar player option for next year so that the Wolves will have to think twice about matching our offer.

What do you think it takes to get them to blink considering the lack of quality big men in the NBA today?

DF is a loser. I fully expect he throws a max contract to keep Smith for the foreseeable future.

If Ferry had intentions of maxing out Josh Smith- he would of done so already. He will do what the next best thing is by considering to offer him market value...but even then I'm not sure Ferry will fold....

We will test the market this summer. If we can get Dwight Howard or Chris Paul (unlikely), we are good. In this case we can resign Josh to a reasonable deal. If not we will let him walk and start tanking. Next summer we will try the market once again and draft a promising player. If we fail at the market again, we will keep on tanking and keep on piling promising players hoping that we don't repeat previous draft mistakes like 2005.

You forgot many names, Stephen Curry, Ty Lawson, Mayo, Iguodala, David West, Pekovic, Blatche, Henderson, Ben Gordon, Kaman, Marion, Dorrell Wright, Jarret Jack, Tony Allen, Bayless, J. R Smith, JJ Reddick, Nick Young, Amir Johnson, Calderon, Ariza, Okafor...

Anyway I would be happy if we sign Mayo and Al Jefferson or Pekovic

You forgot many names, Stephen Curry, Ty Lawson, Mayo, Iguodala, David West, Pekovic, Blatche, Henderson, Ben Gordon, Kaman, Marion, Dorrell Wright, Jarret Jack, Tony Allen, Bayless, J. R Smith, JJ Reddick, Nick Young, Amir Johnson, Calderon, Ariza, Okafor...

Anyway I would be happy if we sign Mayo and Al Jefferson or Pekovic

Lawson is locked up for like four more years.

• Moderators

Eric Bledsoe needs to be on these lists. LAC knows they won't keep him after this season if Paul resigns but he was too valuable to simply deal given his defensive impact and cover for a possible Paul departure.

• Premium Member

Here's the problem I see with the Dwight Howard theory as has been suggested by some. IF Dwight was a slam dunk to be in ATL next year with the condition that Josh would be here and Ferry knew this, why would Ferry actively try to trade Josh? To me, that doesn't add up.

Edited by Jody23