• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So the hawks went out and got....

Diesel

No one says we have to use all our cap space this season. I think everyone is thinking this off season is the be all end all. It's not.

Yep that's what I'm thinking too. Not to mention we could probably sign Pekovic for 2/3 of what it will cost to sign Dwight and he's healthy, young and a beast. Still leaves plenty of money on the table to fill out the roster with quality players.

• Like 2

Josh's free agent status had a lot to do with the crap offers. All teams knew that he would explore his free agent options no matter where he was traded so they didn't want to give anything of value.

• Premium Member

Ferry will have been 1 year and already if he doesn't land D12 or CP3 he is a failure. Shortsighted just a tad?

If you take a playoff team. Start a firesale. Stop the firesale and keep a player that can hold your team hostage... then fail to trade him at the deadline... You have put yourself in a position where you should be judged as:

1. A person who had a plan coming in and every step has been with purpose.

2. A person who had no plan coming in and every step has been forced upon you.

3. A person who had a plan coming in and because of circumstances, you had to abandon that plan.

Here in Atlanta, we are used to getting GMs who fill option 2 and 3 well. And each time, it has led to failure. What I'm saying is that I hope that Ferry is not a 2 or a 3 but a 1. And if he is a 1, then this plan won't end in failure.

If you take a playoff team. Start a firesale. Stop the firesale and keep a player that can hold your team hostage... then fail to trade him at the deadline... You have put yourself in a position where you should be judged as:

1. A person who had a plan coming in and every step has been with purpose.

2. A person who had no plan coming in and every step has been forced upon you.

3. A person who had a plan coming in and because of circumstances, you had to abandon that plan.

Here in Atlanta, we are used to getting GMs who fill option 2 and 3 well. And each time, it has led to failure. What I'm saying is that I hope that Ferry is not a 2 or a 3 but a 1. And if he is a 1, then this plan won't end in failure.

Playoff Team - we are still that currently.

Fire sale? - what fire sale? getting rid of Josh? That is not what I consider a fire sale. Trying to attain assest for an inpending FA but decided against it because of what was offered that is smart GMing.

If getting rid of Joe and Marvin was forced upon him then force away - I'll take it.

The only plan I've heard Ferry talk about is making sure we have financial flexibilty going forward to acquire talent and build a team the right way with smart players. Ferry doesn't have a 1 year plan

• Premium Member

Building a championship club is a marathon not a sprint... It's not a dooms day offseason if we don't snag at least one of the top five guys this offseason.

Building a championship quality club is a SPRINT. The one with the most stars win.

Look at what Boston did. They went out and got the big three and they won.

Look at what Miami did. They went out and got the big three and they won.

Look at what the Lakers did. They traded for Shaq and Kobe and started a Dynasty.

We're not tanking bad enough to be OKC or San Antonio.

We're not bringing in talent like these other teams.

So what are we doing? We're being mediocre and with our mediocrity we're seeing the same things we always see... NO championships.. and we fool ourselves into believe that other teams are not just doing the damn thing right in front of our faces.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Playoff Team - we are still that currently.

Fire sale? - what fire sale? getting rid of Josh? That is not what I consider a fire sale. Trying to attain assest for an inpending FA but decided against it because of what was offered that is smart GMing.

If getting rid of Joe and Marvin was forced upon him then force away - I'll take it.

The only plan I've heard Ferry talk about is making sure we have financial flexibilty going forward to acquire talent and build a team the right way with smart players. Ferry doesn't have a 1 year plan

Let me help you.

When we traded Joe and Marvin, we should have traded Josh too. Now there's a strong chance that Josh is going to walk and we will get nothing. Nothing but more capspace that is useless for a market like ours.

• Premium Member

Capspace.

The word is that we're saving our dollars for a run at CP3 and D-12.

I think that is going to be Ferry's Folly.

IF all this work doesn't end in D-12 or CP3 or a championship...then we've failed.

YOU didn't fail.

I didn't fail.

We and the other Squawk regulars didn't fail. We stood by the Hawks and cheered for them.

In my mind, the only one who have failed us is Danny Ferry. It's gonna be LeBron drama all over again..

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

This guy Capspace really looks like an awesome addition. What are his stats again? Exactly.

Getting this much space will only force the Hawks to sign lesser players or overpay for players like Osh. There's a minimum in salary required by the CBA to be spent. No good players will want to come and join this failure of a team.

Edited by BrazilianHawk