• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Listen, I never wish injury on any player, I played sports and know that you want to win when the team is at their best. Kobe is amazing and I respect the dude immensely...So this has more to do with the city I grew up in. The one that is full of Lebron/Celtic/Knick/Bulls/Kobe fans. You got two players in the group and the rest is people from the north that left their city to come down south for better living.It's annoying and pitiful. I will always love Atlanta but forever hate the residents of the city.Seeing all that purple in our arena pissed me off. It isn't new, but I'll never get over it. I hope that they are all happy that they got to see the Hawks win and Kobe get hurt at the end. The Hawks fans deserved the win and the Lakers fans got what they deserved too. Good riddance to all of them..

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Did Kobe even watch the tape? I think he' just angry that he's out now.

ESPNSteinLine RT@mcten: Kobe said he was "Jalen Rosed" by Dahntay Jones, citing play in 2000 NBA Finals when he feels like Rose purposely went under him

F him. Wasn't like he didn't get any calls when Smoove and Boss guarded him in LA.

• Moderators

Not saying anything (which is what I always say before saying something) but the four games sans Joshua so far this year:

9-point win at Oklahoma City

9-point win vs Indiana

14-point win vs Brooklyn

4-point win vs Lakers

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

Did Kobe even watch the tape? I think he' just angry that he's out now.

ESPNSteinLine RT@mcten: Kobe said he was "Jalen Rosed" by Dahntay Jones, citing play in 2000 NBA Finals when he feels like Rose purposely went under him

Which is even worse, because now we'll have to hear Jalen getting all defensive on ESPN tonight and tomorrow.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Not saying anything (which is what I always say before saying something) but the four games sans Joshua so far this year:

9-point win at Oklahoma City

9-point win vs Indiana

14-point win vs Brooklyn

4-point win vs Lakers

~lw3

I wonder if Larry Drew keeps track of these mounting wins without YKW?

• Premium Member

Not saying anything (which is what I always say before saying something) but the four games sans Joshua so far this year: 9-point win at Oklahoma City9-point win vs Indiana14-point win vs Brooklyn4-point win vs Lakers ~lw3

Hawks are at their best when we have Josh playing, and Josh playing to his strengths. I'd even say we are a top three team in the East when it happens.He hurts us a lot with his poor play. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough for it to be an issue.So to me, it isn't a surprise we beat good teams when he is out. We beat good teams with him in, but you know the Hawks win when we play smart. They ALWAYS play smart when he isn't there.. Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

• Moderators

@WojYajooNBA:

Kobe Bryant on Dahntay Jones' part in the play: "I can't get my mind past the fact that I've got to wait a year to get revenge."

((can't get James Brown song out of head))

^^In related news: Is that Kobe secretly admitting the Lakers won't make the Finals? Posted Image

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

Not saying anything (which is what I always say before saying something) but the four games sans Joshua so far this year: 9-point win at Oklahoma City9-point win vs Indiana14-point win vs Brooklyn4-point win vs Lakers ~lw3

I don't care how small that sample size is. That's telling you something. Fortunately, Ferry already knows what it's saying.
  • Like 1

I still cannot understand why someone can be 27 and out of a game because of a hangover....(oh shit did i just say that about Josh? no, because I never formally mentioned his name but seriously why was he out??? I am looking for better excuses. Did I miss an actual reason for him being out?)

I still cannot understand why someone can be 27 and out of a game because of a hangover....(oh shit did i just say that about Josh? no, because I never formally mentioned his name but seriously why was he out??? I am looking for better excuses. Did I miss an actual reason for him being out?)

Sprained knee.

• Premium Member

We could very well lose this game, but this first quarter reminds me why Horford is my favorite player. He is a leader, always plays hard and he really cares about the team. You can just see it in the way he plays..he is smart and doesn't make dumb plays to hurt us.

Horford has become my fav player (after JJ was traded).

I agree he makes a lot of good to this team, but please take the ball out of his hands during fast breaks. He's got no handles.

• Like 1

Oh, I don't know, how about starting Zaza or Petro at center on a regular basis, instead of playing small ball maybe?

I don't know what you want Drew to do. Some people complain Zaza doesn't get enough minutes, how the hell is Drew supposed to find time for two backup centers when he doesn't have enough for one?

I agree he makes a lot of good to this team, but please take the ball out of his hands during fast breaks. He's got no handles.

Co-sign. Al is the leader of this team. I never see him pout, and he focuses on the team. But his first move with the ball has GOT to improve!

• Premium Member

I don't know what you want Drew to do. Some people complain Zaza doesn't get enough minutes, how the hell is Drew supposed to find time for two backup centers when he doesn't have enough for one?

Solution...Start Horford at his natural position which is power forward. We instantly become a better rebounding team.

• Like 1