• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel like Hawks should pull a Falcons in the draft if necessary.

ATLscrubLove

I'm just not thinking any big names will come here in the off-season for one thing, secondly I'm not trying to say trade away a bunch of asets either but we desperately need to trade up and draft Trey Burke or even Hardaway Jr ( if he declares )... Both of these guys will be studs in the NBA. There is a decent amount of talent in the draft this year, I just feel we need to go after one of the studs just like the Falcons did for Julio Jones. High risk but high reward if it all works out. Even with all of the cap we will have... I still feel the draft will be our saving grace for a star.

Eh idk, even with a weak draft there is usually that one guy ( or 2 ) that becomes a true stud in the league. Hardest part is finding out who they are before seeing them in NBA action.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

• Moderators

I've read that the Pistons will be listening to offers on their lottery pick. Our 2 1st might do it, but the only guys I'm trading up for is Porter and Zeller. Burke will be a good player, but I wouldn't trade up for him and trading up for Hardaway Jr. is a joke. TH JR is as inconsistent as they come... With that said, I would be more than content stay with what we have and taking Dieng and the guy I can't get enough of in McCollum.

I like Oladipo. Personally I'd trade up to get him or maybe Otto Porter if we can turn something like Lou and a 1st into one of them, but like Mace said we don't have too many trade

assets.

I could get on board with Porter because I think he can carry a team with his scoring and he's performed against both man and zone defense.

I could get on board with Porter because I think he can carry a team with his scoring and he's performed against both man and zone defense.

I think Porter is now a top 5 pick. He reminds me of Luol Deng. I'd be fine trading up for the likes of him but I don't think picks #17 and #20 are enough to get that done.

McGary said he was staying before the NCAA Tourney. Since then he has shot up draft boards and is probably a lock to be a top 20 pick with Kevin Love comparisons catching fire on line. He is re-evaluating now. The deadline to announce your going into the draft is April 28 this year.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I'm just not thinking any big names will come here in the off-season for one thing, secondly I'm not trying to say trade away a bunch of asets either but we desperately need to trade up and draft Trey Burke or even Hardaway Jr ( if he declares )... Both of these guys will be studs in the NBA. There is a decent amount of talent in the draft this year, I just feel we need to go after one of the studs just like the Falcons did for Julio Jones. High risk but high reward if it all works out. Even with all of the cap we will have... I still feel the draft will be our saving grace for a star.

I don't think we're that close. What I mean is we're not one or two pieces away and neither (and I love Burke) is a guy that will elevate us like that.

What's wrong with Steven Adams or Isaiah Austin and Tony Mitchell as our picks?

I think Austin is probably as good a prospect as we can hope for. He could be the next great C to be found in the late first round. Like Jordan. However, we have to have the guts to take him and then the patience to wait on him. Same is true for Mitchell. I think Mitchell would be a steal of this draft.

I agree with you guys but even if we trade up who's playing these rookies? I mean if LD is still our head coach I don't see him playing any rookie we draft. But I could be wrong........then again I'm just saying that a new HC is needed first, just to assure whoever we draft actually plays!

I don't think we're that close. What I mean is we're not one or two pieces away and neither (and I love Burke) is a guy that will elevate us like that.

What's wrong with Steven Adams or Isaiah Austin and Tony Mitchell as our picks?

I think Austin is probably as good a prospect as we can hope for. He could be the next great C to be found in the late first round. Like Jordan. However, we have to have the guts to take him and then the patience to wait on him. Same is true for Mitchell. I think Mitchell would be a steal of this draft.

Austin plays like a SF though. His game reminds me of a skinnier Bargani. He jacked up nearly three 3 point shots a game. His game is the opposite of a guy like Jordan who's role is mainly to defend and rebound in the paint. Austin is allergic to the paint. I think his game is more of a fit as stretch 4 like a Bargani. He has perimeter skills for sure.

If you want a true center prospect then Adams is your guy. He is 19 like Austin but actually plays like a center.

If you want someone who is better on day 1 then Dieng is your guy. He is the above the rim defender and rebounding style big but is 23. At the same time he has not played organized basketball very long. He was a 22 year old freshman at Louisville.

• Premium Member

Austin plays like a SF though. His game reminds me of a skinnier Bargani. He jacked up nearly three 3 point shots a game. His game is the opposite of a guy like Jordan who's role is mainly to defend and rebound in the paint. Austin is allergic to the paint. I think his game is more of a fit as stretch 4 like a Bargani. He has perimeter skills for sure.

If you want a true center prospect then Adams is your guy. He is 19 like Austin but actually plays like a center.

If you want someone who is better on day 1 then Dieng is your guy. He is the above the rim defender and rebounding style big but is 23. At the same time he has not played organized basketball very long. He was a 22 year old freshman at Louisville.

Not as familiar with Dieng. Like I said about Austin, he's a guy that you're going to have to wait on. He has to put on the weight. BUt the guy Is going to grow more and he has shot blocking timing. I think he's going to end up being similar to Deke but with shooting touch when it's all said and done. Maybe not blocking as many as Deke, but intimidating a lot of shots because I suppose he will be about 7'3" with long arms, good timing, and quick. Offensively, you will have to build him.

Adams on the other hand is my or guy. Either Austin (potential) or Adams... My issue with Adams is the lack of potential. I think he is what he is and won't get much better than that. It's not bad. Hell.. 7'0 250 and a bruiser... who is complaining but if Austin comes out, I would take a late shot at him.

The other guy I didn't mention is Pumlee. Being a fan of the ACC and not a fan of Duke, I do respect this guy. I think he has grown from Almost nothing to something. My problem is that he's a Dukie. No disrespect to Duke fans but Dukies tend to become more systematized the longer they stay in. Then they get to the pros and are no good.

Mitchell is my must have. Mitchell is Smoove with a year of college and trainability. If we lose Smoove, I would replace him with Horf and bring in Mitchell as my 3. All we need then is a C. (D12?)

Finally... I also like Shabazz Muhammad. I'm kind of shocked because I think he will go to the Cavs... The rich gets richer. He's got far more potential than a guy like Porter. However, if he slides, I would take him. He's Kobe or Melo?