• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Jeff Teague a top 10 point guard?

Wurider05

Quite close.

Definately worst than Chris Paul, Westbrook, D. Williams, R. Rondo, S. Curry, T. Parker, K Irving, and John Wall. Then he could be on a group with Ty Lawson, J. Holiday, Rubio, Lillard, Dragic and Conley. Better than Jennings, Vasquez, Nelson, K. Walker, Nelson, Hill, Lowry, Lin...

• Like 1

Teague has had a good year. I think he has improved dramatically and I'm hoping he is our point guard moving forward. It's a PG's league anymore, and he's more than capable. Top 10 though? Not a chance.

He's not in the same class as these 10: Paul, Williams, Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Parker, Wall, Lawson.

If I had a choice, I'd prolly take Rubio, Conley, and Holliday as well.

Just so many quality point guards out there. I do like Teague though. I think the fact most teams have their point guard for the future, we'll be able to re-sign him.

• Premium Member

He has really improved this season. While there is more work for him to do, do you all feel that he is now a legit top 10 center? Can you name 10 poing guards that are better than him?

Let's see.

[*]Rondo

[*]CP3

[*]Dwill

[*]Tony Parker

[*]Westbrook

[*]Irving

[*]Wall

[*]Nash

[*]Holiday

[*]Teague

[*]Lillard

[*]Vasquez

I guess this is my top ten. It's really hard because you have Rubio, and Lawson that can be put at 8, 9, and 10 just as easily... and Holiday is probably more 6 than 8. But if you take age and injury of the table.... This is close... so yeah. Teague = top 10.

With Age and Injury included

[*]CP3

[*]Westbrook

[*]Dwill

[*]Irving

[*]Wall

[*]Holiday

[*]Vasquez

[*]Teague

[*]Lillard

[*]Rubio

• Premium Member

Teague has had a good year. I think he has improved dramatically and I'm hoping he is our point guard moving forward. It's a PG's league anymore, and he's more than capable. Top 10 though? Not a chance.

He's not in the same class as these 10: Paul, Williams, Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Parker, Wall, Lawson.

If I had a choice, I'd prolly take Rubio, Conley, and Holliday as well.

Just so many quality point guards out there. I do like Teague though. I think the fact most teams have their point guard for the future, we'll be able to re-sign him.

I think your math is off. Teague is prolly better than Curry, Wall, and Conley. I give Rubio credit for being a pure PG...

I think your math is off. Teague is prolly better than Curry, Wall, and Conley. I give Rubio credit for being a pure PG...

It's all subjective and a matter of opinion, but, If I had to choose between Wall and Teague, that would be tough. I agree there. But Curry and Conley. Curry is a no brainer for me, I'd take him over Jeff. And what Mike Conley has done since the Rudy Gay trade has shown was his abilities are. (Not being a homer) He was handcuffed with OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay...now that he has full reigns, he's a pretty damn good PG.

Well Teague will get his chance to start proving it when the playoffs start. He will be a free agent so if he ever is going to play like a top 10 pg now will be the time. I'm excited to see if he rises to the challenge.

Let's see.

[*]Rondo

[*]CP3

[*]Dwill

[*]Tony Parker

[*]Westbrook

[*]Irving

[*]Wall

[*]Nash

[*]Holiday

[*]Teague

[*]Lillard

[*]Vasquez

I guess this is my top ten. It's really hard because you have Rubio, and Lawson that can be put at 8, 9, and 10 just as easily... and Holiday is probably more 6 than 8. But if you take age and injury of the table.... This is close... so yeah. Teague = top 10.

With Age and Injury included

[*]CP3

[*]Westbrook

[*]Dwill

[*]Irving

[*]Wall

[*]Holiday

[*]Vasquez

[*]Teague

[*]Lillard

[*]Rubio

I guess you forgot about Derrick Rose and Stephen Curry...

Everybody is pretty accurate, besides Diesel with Nash. I don't think Curry's a PG though. He's just a Stephen Curry. I never thought this would be an argument, so that shows how far the kid has come. When he busted Paul's ass early on I knew he was on to something. Get that defense on par with his O and we'll definately put Big Brothet Teague in the Top 8.In one of the bigger Kidd fans, even at 67 years old, so I gotta give him mention. His BBIQ is still higher than everybody else on these lists, CP3 included.

Edited by benhillboy

Everybody is pretty accurate, besides Diesel with Nash. I don't think Curry's a PG though. He's just a Stephen Curry. I never thought this would be an argument, so that shows how far the kid has come. When he busted Paul's ass early on I knew he was on to something. Get that defense on par with his O and we'll definately put Big Brothet Teague in the Top 8.In one of the bigger Kidd fans, even at 67 years old, so I gotta give him mention. His BBIQ is still higher than everybody else on these lists, CP3 included.

I'm not sure about labels and how you deem the #1 Pg guard position, or #2 Sg position....Curry is probably both?? he has the ball in his hands a lot. Doesn't matter to me, for sake of argument...I'm taking Curry over Teague.

• Premium Member

It's all subjective and a matter of opinion, but, If I had to choose between Wall and Teague, that would be tough. I agree there. But Curry and Conley. Curry is a no brainer for me, I'd take him over Jeff. And what Mike Conley has done since the Rudy Gay trade has shown was his abilities are. (Not being a homer) He was handcuffed with OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay...now that he has full reigns, he's a pretty damn good PG.

While I don't disagree, Teague is still handcuffed with Smoove here. Curry is not a no brainer. IF I want a three point shooter, I'm calling Curry but not a PG. That's like saying you're taking Abdul-Rauf over Nick Van Exel. Sure Rauf can hit the three, but he's not going to get anybody else involved.

• Like 1

I meant top 10 point guard!! LOL

LOL - that's cool Posted Image .

To answer your question - is Jeff Teaugue a top-ten point guard (meaning is he 8th, 9th, or 10th)...no...no...he is not. He doesn't play defense at the level required to be a top 10 PG.

I would put him on the "cusp" as far as even being a top 20 PG.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

My list of top 10 point guard in the league:

1. Chris Paul

2. Rajon Rondo

3. Russel Westbrook

4. Kyrie Irving

5. Deron Williams

6. Derrick Rose (at 6 because of the injury)

7. Tony Parker

8. Ty Lawson

9. John Wall

10. Damien Lillard

11. Ricky Rubio

12. Jeff Teague

13. Jeremy Lin

Teague would be much, much higher up the list if he'd start finishing layups and gaining a voice. The dude is so quiet out there and it seems he has no desire to be the "leader". Guys like Paul and Rondo are ALWAYS making sure that guys are where they are supposed to be and running the offense for their teams. I'd like to see a season of Jeff without having Josh to fall back on. A situation where Jeff either takes over or gets taken out. If he can successfully become a dominate, vocal PG which I believe is the next step for him, I'd put him around 5.