• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wojo says latest rumor is CP3 and Dwight together in Atlanta next season

Sothron

• Premium Member

It is in a piece about Del Negro getting fired as the Clips coach. I quoted part of it below

The latest rumor making waves is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will emerge in Atlanta together next season, but that's far from having any substance at this point.

Don't see it anywhere in there....

Los Angeles Clippers not retaining Vinny Del Negro as coach4 minutes 51 seconds ago

The Los Angeles Clippers will not offer Vinny Del Negro a new contract to return as coach, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Despite considerable success and progress in his two seasons as coach, Del Negro was unable to withstand a first-round Western Conference loss to the Memphis Grizzlies and a free agent-to-be superstar, Chris Paul, who wanted a different coach, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Del Negro did not have a contract beyond this season.

Del Negro was informed of the decision on Tuesday afternoon.

Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins – who will be a free agent at season's end – is a candidate for the job, league sources said. Another possible target, Stan Van Gundy, has said that he plans to sit out next season. Golden State assistant Mike Malone – who worked with Paul in New Orleans – could be a candidate too, sources said.

There had been some belief that owner Donald Sterling – who has been fond of Del Negro – would decide to keep the coach, but ultimately the Clippers needed to do everything they believed necessary to re-sign Paul in July.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From rotoworld quoting the entire thing:

The Clippers have let the contract of head coach Vinny Del Negro expire, meaning he's no longer the coach of the team, according to Yahoo! Sports.

The details have yet to emerge, but there have been rumblings that Del Negro's days were numbered for some time. The latest rumor making waves is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will emerge in Atlanta together next season, but that's far from having any substance at this point. The Clippers failed to advance far enough in the playoffs for anyone's liking and "Paul coaches the Clippers" jokes were all the rage this season. Paul will likely have some say in who the next coach will be.

From rotoworld quoting the entire thing:

The Clippers have let the contract of head coach Vinny Del Negro expire, meaning he's no longer the coach of the team, according to Yahoo! Sports.

The details have yet to emerge, but there have been rumblings that Del Negro's days were numbered for some time. The latest rumor making waves is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will emerge in Atlanta together next season, but that's far from having any substance at this point. The Clippers failed to advance far enough in the playoffs for anyone's liking and "Paul coaches the Clippers" jokes were all the rage this season. Paul will likely have some say in who the next coach will be.

That's rotoworld saying that, not Wojo.

I just want this off season to end. This board is becoming unbearable with all this stuff.

I agree. Some people like hearing our names in rumors. But if those rumors are unfounded, or flat out lies, I'd rather the Hawks not be talked about at all. It just makes us look bad and get the fans hopes up . . . for nothing.

LOL . . Stan Van Gundy went from being interviewed for the Hawks job, to not being interested in coaching at all this season?

I'm just tired of journalists and fake journalists reporting anything and everything, just to get a web hit on a story. Sports reporting has become as annoying as reality TV shows.

• Like 1

I just want this off season to end. This board is becoming unbearable with all this stuff.

Haven't seen anything yet. It will reach a fever pitch before its over. I'm just happy we are getting mentioned at this point. Edited by DrReality

Haven't seen anything yet. It will reach a fever pitch before its over. I'm just happy we are getting mentioned at this point.

I am just more annoyed with the constant Chris Paul and Howard threads.

• Moderators

I am just more annoyed with the constant Chris Paul and Howard threads.

That's the biggest thing that is going on with the Hawks at the moment... We are the only team that has the reasonable possibility to sign both of these guys outright. There are threads about our head coach vacancy and others about the draft, but this is a big offseason for the Hawks and we as fans finally have something to look forward too instead of the usual signing vet mins, staying w/ WLOC, and cheap head coaches. The Hawks have a chance to be great, instead of mediocre and we have the right guy to get it done.

• Like 1

Alex, if your annoyed you don't have to read it but it will continue and I for one, LOVE it. :-) Keep it comin guys. CP3 and DWIGHT baby

• Moderators

I think it is fantastic that the Hawks seem to finally be relevant. I can't remember the last time premier free agents (coaches or players) were associated with the Hawks in rumors of any kind. Even if we strike out, I'd rather players read about Atlanta in this kind of light than be a non-entity like we have been in recent years and like a team like Milwaukee is now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LOL.....

Y'know, this whole damn year...I been like, "Wow... What the *bleep* ever... We'll never land CP3 or Dwight Howard, or anyone else until [blah, blah, blah, Wretch's 20 page tirade]."

I'm sitting here now...not actually believing it's going to happen, but more like...why the hell not dream for a few months! lol So you know what, I will not dismiss any rumor, logic, report, or even fan-farted up pipe dreams. That's right. I'mma get a big ass cup and I say pour me the biggest glass of this damned CP3/Dwight Howard Kool-Aid...!!!

[Eastern European Accent]BROTHERS! I DRINK WITH YOU!!! [/Eastern European Accent]

Posted Image

• Like 2

I think it is fantastic that the Hawks seem to finally be relevant. I can't remember the last time premier free agents (coaches or players) were associated with the Hawks in rumors of any kind. Even if we strike out, I'd rather players read about Atlanta in this kind of light than be a non-entity like we have been in recent years and like a team like Milwaukee is now.

Something feels different about these rumors this year. Previously, the players either would not be rumored to the Hawks, or the media would be stating that we do not have a legitimate chance to get them. Now, the talk is about how the top two free agents have been talking about teaming up in Atlanta for a while now.

• Like 2

Something feels different about these rumors this year. Previously, the players either would not be rumored to the Hawks, or the media would be stating that we do not have a legitimate chance to get them. Now, the talk is about how the top two free agents have been talking about teaming up in Atlanta for a while now.

What feels different is the fact joining forces in ATL is the most logical choice to form a title contending team for each of them. A Paul/Howard/Horford trio is the best chance they have at winning a title. They also both have ties to the area and we are the only organization that can offer two max contracts. Sure it's a longshot, but it's a realistic longshot. This can and will be done if both players primary goal is to win.

I don't see how people are upset about these rumors. This offseason has barely started and this is the most enjoyable offseason I have had as a Hawks fan already. We, for once, have a chance at being elite instead of stuck on a treadmill.

I'm enjoying this immensely just thinking about the possibles even knowing it may or may not happen. It sure beats having nothing exciting to talk about.