• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard is considering the Hawks

GameTime

Al/Dwight > Josh/Dwight

Truthfully, if Dwight signs here we need not expect a superstar. Because I think this year showed that he simply isn't that. If he signs here with the intent to "be the man" he and this team will fail. We need some shooters to play with him and Al is a great stretch PF of sort.

Harden/Al/Dwight would have been really good.

Surround Howard with a competent 4 and some shooters and he will put up 22+ points, 13+ rebounds, and over 2 blocks per game. Those are superstar numbers.

Howard can still be the most dominant center in the league when healthy. Its all about putting him in the right situation and getting his focus back to basketball and not his contract situation. This report scares me though because it could be a situation where someone just looked at Atlanta's cap space and just simply said "he'll have to consider Atlanta."

Whatever the reason I will gladly take any rumors that give the Hawks a shot at making a splash in free agency.

Ratchet?? And I swear I saw the "chick" on the right in the 2nd Hangover movie!As for Dwight this thing is going to be an unpleasant sequel... part 2, the new Dwightmare! I'm still not sure if I want him on our team as a man, still not sure I trust his back, but at the end of the day I hope he signs here with CP3 tagging along.

I see it as Chris Paul signing here with Dwight tagging along.

Paul is the the mature one with leadership attibutes. Dwight is the immature kid.....the class clown.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope your right though and Mr. Duhon, but if Dwight is looking to get back to fun, then it may be Josh who he is looking to team up with, not Paul. I just believe that Josh and Dwight have been talking for YEARS about teaming up.

Could be. If his decision is primarily about being happy, perhaps it's Lou and Josh he wants together with. Is so, Ferry will have to find a way to add another significant piece to that mix to create a championship caliber team. As good as a Howard, Lou , Horf and Josh team would be, it would need more to become a championship team.

Ratchet?? And I swear I saw the "chick" on the right in the 2nd Hangover movie!As for Dwight this thing is going to be an unpleasant sequel... part 2, the new Dwightmare! I'm still not sure if I want him on our team as a man, still not sure I trust his back, but at the end of the day I hope he signs here with CP3 tagging along.

Among other things, it can mean "very unattractive."

Oh he loves to party. He had a $25,000 bet last year with Jeff Faine (ex-center Tampa Bay Bucs) who owns like 6 bars downtown Orlando. The bet was he would get $10,000 bar tab if he dunked in a game during the year. If he didn't he would pay Faine $25,000, he lost. Too funny. But during his stay in Orlando he loved to go to the bars and clubs. Still does.

I believe you because I know Duhon likes to party

Posted Image

Al/Dwight > Josh/Dwight

Truthfully, if Dwight signs here we need not expect a superstar. Because I think this year showed that he simply isn't that. If he signs here with the intent to "be the man" he and this team will fail. We need some shooters to play with him and Al is a great stretch PF of sort.

Harden/Al/Dwight would have been really good.

I don't completely agree but best case scenario they are equal. They just bring different things. Josh brings greater diversity defensively but Al is such a better 4 both inside and outside.

However, Josh/Al/Dwight is something I really don't think anyone on this board truly understands (and FYI its my perfect scenario).

Consider defensive assignments. You have 3 shot blockers of various ability. Al, I believe would get more blocks if he played the 4 than the 3. Historically Josh has always performed better as a weak side blocker from the 3. Dwight controls the paint. Defensively speaking, any team that plays the Hawks is forced to become a jump shooting team. Josh's job on Paul George in the Indiana series shows the effect having him at the 3 can have. At the same time, moving Al to the 4 put a stronger body on David West giving him fits.

In this format, Howard, Horford and Smith would all be capable of posting their man up at any time and Smith/Howard is about a 4-5 million dollar a year cheaper option than Paul/Howard. This leaves more money for other positions, depth, shooters.

In no way am I saying Smith > Paul. I'm just saying from a team dynamic, that frontline is a nightmare rivaling the Parish/Bird/Mchale Celtics.

Dwight's from ATL and if he's not a complete asshole...

Well yeah...but here's the thing...it's not like Atlanta doesn't produce assholes...my guess is we are right up there with the best of cities when it comes to "asshole producers". We can definitely hold our own Posted Image

The thing that always gets me when it comes to D12 is...year before last...when he was with ORL..he was a "stat machine" for my fantasy team for 80% of the season. He basically got me in the playoffs on his own. The guy was going 25 pts, 18 rebs, a couple blocks and a couple assists on a fairly regular basis. The only thing I worried about was his free throws.

What happened?

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Well yeah...but here's the thing...it's not like Atlanta doesn't produce assholes...my guess is we are right up there with the best of cities when it comes to "asshole producers". We can definitely hold our own Posted Image

The thing that always gets me when it comes to D12 is...year before last...when he was with ORL..he was a "stat machine" for my fantasy team for 80% of the season. He basically got me in the playoffs on his own. The guy was going 25 pts, 18 rebs, a couple blocks and a couple assists on a fairly regular basis. The only thing I worried about was his free throws.

What happened?

A lot of people talk about him being injured and that may be some of the equation.

I have always thought he was a bad fit out there though. Dwight isn't comfortable with playing in the pressures of LA. It is kobe's team and be couldn't find his way out there.

If Dwight has a good support group of family and friends, they will let him know he doesn't belong in LA and should look elsewhere. If that happens and he listens, I think he will prob be back to those stats.

Edited by cam1218

• Premium Member

I believe you because I know Duhon likes to party

Posted Image

I have to caption this pic...

Duhon: "Colt 45... It works everytime!!!" .... At the tranny bar!!

Edited by Diesel

• Moderators

I have seen this song before. FAcy, we're the team with the most money... why not mention us... FOR LEVERAGE?!

Leverage for what? What team is out there saying, "Hmmm....we'll give Dwight $14M a year" and then Dwight is saying "but Atlanta will max me so I have leverage and you better raise your offer"?

Dwight already has total leverage over any team that wants to sign him. He gets to name his price and that team will do whatever it can to max him out.

What happened?

What happened:

1. He came back early from his back injury no ifs ands or butts..lol.

2. Training camp under Mike Brown in one system

3. A fired Mike Brown

4. In comes D'Antoni with a new system who has no clue how to use him unless he can shoot 3's.

5. In Orlando - focal point, In LA not so much

6. Kobe

Now I'm not saying that D12 didn't have his own issues as well, he did.

• Premium Member

Leverage for what? What team is out there saying, "Hmmm....we'll give Dwight $14M a year" and then Dwight is saying "but Atlanta will max me so I have leverage and you better raise your offer"?

Dwight already has total leverage over any team that wants to sign him. He gets to name his price and that team will do whatever it can to max him out.

Let's just say... Dwight is choosing between Houston and Brooklyn and he really wanted to play for Brooklyn... And BKLN is a little gunshy as far as giving up players for Dwight. They'd give up a few, but not the future. He could say.. I will go to Atlanta with Cp3 and make sure that BKLN never gets out of the East. What does BKLN do? Sometimes leverage isn't just money, but sometimes it's positioning.