• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the current/past Hawk you just did not like?

HawkItus

Losing IsaiahFast EddieShellheadBig Dog!'ToineJon BarryCal BowdlerJon KontraktEasy Ed GrayThe Great Blair RasmussenSnoop GrahamRandMo ~lw3

Damn - u have a full squad, lol.

Losing Isaiah

Fast Eddie

Shellhead

Big Dog!

'Toine

Jon Barry

Cal Bowdler

Jon Kontrakt

Easy Ed Gray

The Great Blair Rasmussen

Snoop Graham

RandMo

~lw3

Alright so there's the squad. Belkin can be owner, BK as GM, and I'll go with Lon Kruger as coach.

Guest Walter

Oh wait another is Bobby Sura costing us Dwight!

Sura is/was mine. That was the DH draft year. Would've saved a lot of grief. W

• Admin

Man.......some of these names. Another one for me was Ira Newble. I could take a swing at him right now.

Why? Newble did a good job when he was here. He played good defense and that was all that was expected.

Some of the players mentioned in this list are end of the bench guys. I am unsure why people hate them. Someone like Rider for instance makes a lot of sense but how did someone like Cal Bowdler make you hate him?

Why? Newble did a good job when he was here. He played good defense and that was all that was expected.

Some of the players mentioned in this list are end of the bench guys. I am unsure why people hate them. Someone like Rider for instance makes a lot of sense but how did someone like Cal Bowdler make you hate him?

The braids, the high shoulders? I dunno I just didn't like him. No rhyme or reason and I'm sure he doesn't care.

A name that hasn't been listed that absolutely should be is Pete Babcock who wasted an entire era with promise for the Hawks with the worst drafting by any GM in NBA history: 2002 NBA 2 36 David Andersen 2002 NBA 1 28 Dan Dickau 2001 NBA 2 33 Terence Morris 2000 NBA 1 6 DerMarr Johnson 2000 NBA 2 40 Hanno Mottola 2000 NBA 2 57 Scoonie Penn 1999 NBA 1 10 Jason Terry 1999 NBA 1 17 Cal Bowdler 1999 NBA 1 20 Dion Glover 1999 NBA 1 27 Jumaine Jones 1998 NBA 1 20 Roshown McLeod 1998 NBA 2 49 Cory Carr 1997 NBA 1 22 Ed Gray 1997 NBA 2 49 Alain Digbeu 1997 NBA 2 50 Chris Crawford 1996 NBA 1 28 Priest Lauderdale 1995 NBA 1 16 Alan Henderson 1995 NBA 2 42 Donnie Boyce 1995 NBA 2 45 Troy Brown 1995 NBA 2 57 Cuonzo Martin 1994 NBA 2 34 Gaylon Nickerson 1993 NBA 1 15 Doug Edwards 1993 NBA 2 40 Rich Manning 1992 NBA 1 10 Adam Keefe 1992 NBA 2 38 Elmer Bennett 1991 NBA 1 9 Stacey Augmon 1991 NBA 1 15 Anthony Avent 1991 NBA 2 30 Rodney Monroe 1990 NBA 1 10 Rumeal Robinson 1990 NBA 2 36 Trevor Wilson 1990 NBA 2 41 Steve Bardo His trades were a mixed lot but much better than his drafting on the whole - some of them were very good like the trade for Smitty, the trade to free room to sign Mutombo, and the trade of Rumeal Robinson for Mookie. Others were god awful like giving up multiple lottery picks for Lorezen Wright, acquiring Isiah Rider, or trading the Atlanta Hawks' franchise player while the team was in first place for Danny #*$&ing Manning. So much wasted potential by Babcock that he makes Billy Knight look like a freaking genius on draft day.

I can still hear Sterns voice in my head saying 'Cal Bowdler'...smh.

Nice looking table there AHF! I can't believe something pasted in that nicely and retained its formatting. And yes Babcock is probably the worst of the bunch, although he didn't have 3 high lottery picks that he totally whiffed on and really kept us from succeeding the way that BK did.

I can still hear Sterns voice in my head saying 'Cal Bowdler'...smh.

We also got the "great" Jason Terry along with Dion Glover and Jumaine Jones in that same 1st round. Although we traded Jones and thankfully he never amounted to anything either. That draft really sucked that year after the first 10 picks so we couldn't have done any better than JT anyway, but it's a real shame considering we had all those picks to try and find a stud. At best we could have gotten some nice starters but the studs of the draft were long gone by the time we took JT.

Even though names like Hendu... and Walker are high on my list. I would have to say Marvin. I think we had a chance to make a bonifed "hometown" guy out of CP3 who at that time wanted nothing more than to be drafted by the hawks and play near home. If CP3 shuns us this time around in FA I think the ownerships decision from back then could have played a serious factor.

I would also like to nominate Acie.... or should Billy get that honor too??

• Moderators

Nice looking table there AHF! I can't believe something pasted in that nicely and retained its formatting. And yes Babcock is probably the worst of the bunch, although he didn't have 3 high lottery picks that he totally whiffed on and really kept us from succeeding the way that BK did.

It was a repeat of a prior post I made on the squawk so that probably accounts for the formatting being OK.

As for lottery picks, which of these guys ever contributed anything beyond a solid role player's contribution for the Hawks?

Rumeal Robinson

Adam Keefe

Jason Terry

Stacey Augmon

DerMarr Johnson

That is whiffing at least on par with:

Marvin Williams

Josh Childress

Shelden Williams

Acie Law

Al Horford

He just didn't have the Boris Diaw, Josh Smith types of midround selections (unless you count Doug Edwards or someone like that).

And, of course, Babcock passed up a great chance at a franchise player when he dealt Pau Gasol to acquire the solid but ultimately sub-star Shareef -- which amounted to a steal of a trade in a head-to-head matchup of Knight and Babcock.