• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the current/past Hawk you just did not like?

HawkItus

I admit right now it is Jeff Teague. I don't know if its the deer in headlights look or the up and down game. I just know I don't like the cut of his jib. In the past it was Nazr Muhammad. Something about him bugged me.

No current players but I do get the Teague comments. That and acting like a punk with that technical in the playoffs and missed layup in the skills challenge.Former player is Jason Terry but it didn't become that way until he was leaving the team and trashed us.

• Premium Member

I admit right now it is Jeff Teague. I don't know if its the deer in headlights look or the up and down game. I just know I don't like the cut of his jib. In the past it was Nazr Muhammad. Something about him bugged me.

To an extent, I agree about Teague. While talented, you can see his in his on court and off court demeanor that he's not the leader type and a leader is what you need your point guard to be. Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

I like Teague myself. The one that bugged me the most was Jamal Crawford. I realize he won some games for us but he made absolutely no effort on defense. For all the criticism Bibby got at least he tried. Crawford just stood and watched for the most part.

• Like 1

Mario West. He represented everything that was wrong with the franchise to me. Other teams were finding Gary Neals or Anthony Morrows yet the Hawks were hyping the hell out of a guy who could play defense for 8 seconds out of a 48 minute game as an epic game changer.

They said he could pester stars like a cockroach and just like em he kept coming back, over, and over again. Played 180 games in a Hawk uniform over 3 seasons.......played 6 games total outside of that. Grrr my jimmies are rustled just thinking back to that time! I forgive Sund for at least finding Ivan though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

JR Rider, Theo Ratliff, Antoine Walker, Josh Smith, Shellhead Williams, Marvin SUPERBUST Williams, Josh Childress come immediately to mind. Teague is probably about to join that list if we make the mistake of keeping him.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Man...I hate to say this...but it really is Josh Smith for me. I have a thing for shot blockers. Fans of those kinds of players know what I'm talking about. Like with Deke and Theo, you could just feel the difference in the game when Josh Smith sat down (back in the day). It wasn't just the blocked shots, it's how a shot blocker's presence changes how teams attack us. Josh used to do that...and the way he played the game on both ends made him at least as valuable as JJ (in his prime).

Then he decided to be this and it's just so frustrating. Watching him waste his potential.

Honorable mentions are Marvin and Koncak. Marvin because he just wasn't worth a damn mentally. All those tools and dude had the fire of a wet mop sitting in week old mop water. Blah... I had nothing personal against Cak. It's just what he represented...all that wasted money and wasn't worth a damn. Hated just looking at him.

• Like 2

Man...I hate to say this...but it really is Josh Smith for me. I have a thing for shot blockers. Fans of those kinds of players know what I'm talking about. Like with Deke and Theo, you could just feel the difference in the game when Josh Smith sat down (back in the day). It wasn't just the blocked shots, it's how a shot blocker's presence changes how teams attack us. Josh used to do that...and the way he played the game on both ends made him at least as valuable as JJ (in his prime).

Then he decided to be this and it's just so frustrating. Watching him waste his potential.

Honorable mentions are Marvin and Koncak. Marvin because he just wasn't worth a damn mentally. All those tools and dude had the fire of a wet mop sitting in week old mop water. Blah... I had nothing personal against Cak. It's just what he represented...all that wasted money and wasn't worth a damn. Hated just looking at him.

Man Josh might go down as one of biggest wastes of God given talent in NBA history smh. I just get pissed watching him play now

Guys, Jeff Teague rode the pine for a couple of years and didn't complain. He's improved every year, and is so young. I don't understand the hate, other than he just seems disinterested playing....but his stats don't say so. His demeanor now is like, "I told you I can play, why did it take so long"....If he;s our PG next year, I'm okay with that. The Smoove hate has hit it's peak...It's been nine years, maybe his time has worn out, and I get that. I bet I've watched 90 percent of his career, and we wouldn't have been in the playoffs the last six years without him. And he went through a 13 win season, come on.

I don't hate any Hawk, but if I had to choose one dude that frustrated me the most...It's Speedy. I'm sorry he didn't work out, but seeing him on the bench on a suit every night pissed me off...

• Like 1

DANNY MANNING, JON KONCAK, Antoine Walker, Ken Norman The first two guys had to be in caps cuz they still make me shiver...serious goose bumps

#1 - Marvin WIlliams.I can't stand guys who have all the ability in the world and then make excuses for themself.

Talk about a plot twist I would have never expected Bruce Willis was a ghost in the sixth sense and I never would have guessed Marvin was your most hated.
  • Like 3

Oh wait I forgot the absolute worst was Speedy Claxton and I hated Hendu and Crawford for their cap strangling contracts. As people and players I didn't hate them though.Oh wait another is Bobby Sura costing us Dwight!