• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teams interested in Josh Smith

Jody23

• Premium Member

"Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) tweeted at 3:42 PM on Mon, Jun 03, 2013:If Rockets are unable to recruit Dwight Howard, I'm told second preference is Josh Smith. Sixers also targeting Smith, says a source"This doesn't come as a suprise.

I live in Houston, and all of my friends are more than excited for Smoove if they aren't able to get Dwight. They think that Smoove + Harden equals a great championship shot. I just think it means a ton of retarded shots.

• Like 3

I live in Houston, and all of my friends are more than excited for Smoove if they aren't able to get Dwight. They think that Smoove + Harden equals a great championship shot. I just think it means a ton of retarded shots.

Smith and Aisk fit. Not sure about Harden and Smoove but Smoove is pretty good at defending the PnR and he can defend 3 positions.

I think Josh would do well in Houston. McHale could definitely work his magic and get Josh to be more of an inside threat if Josh listened.

• Admin

I think Josh would do well in Houston. McHale could definitely work his magic and get Josh to be more of an inside threat if Josh listened.

McHale would be a good coach for him. He is probably the best post player ever and could encouage Smith to play more inside

• Like 1

McHale would be a good coach for him. He is probably the best post player ever and could encouage Smith to play more inside

Exactly. Houston is where I want to see Josh go assuming he's not staying here.

I don't know if McHale would encourage post play as he preffered 4's that could shoot the 3 (Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson developed a 3 ball, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones were expected to be better shooters too, and he liked playing Parsons at the 4 as well) over post players thus why Thomas Robinson didn't see the floor at all in the playoffs.

He was the one that sold Morey on drafting Royce White in the first place so he'd probably want Josh to be the rich and sane man's version of him. This means playing point-forward allowing Harden to go off-ball more and considering that they play at a breakneck pace he probably is imaging Josh being a finisher on the break.

So essentially it looks like McHale would encourage most of the bad behaviour that we hated here but maybe Josh would recognize Harden as more of an Alpha than Joe and cut back his volume.

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

Judging from Ferry's interview on the Game, it's safe to say he's not interested in bringing Josh back. When asked, he basically said "Josh has decisions to make as do we and it'll be interesting to see how his summer develops". We you want to keep a guy, you make no bones about and not what Ferry said. I just sincerely hope that the handling of Josh doesn't come back to bite us.

• Premium Member

You Josh Smith fans kill me! This dude isn't going to get any better..If anything he's going to get worse because his athleticism is obviously in decline. Ferry knows this and wants no part of the master of disaster called J Smoove!

• Like 1

I wish the best for Smoove. For three or four years when we, well, just plain sucked....he was a guy I still watched every game to see. However, entering his 9...or 10th, year, it's time to cut ties. I really don't see him being an addition to a team that will bring a championship. Because the money he is going to make, will hinder the cap and his decision making is so poor. Honestly, 82 games a year, for the last decade and I find myself yelling "No,no,no...YES!" and "No, No, No....dammit!!!!!" Unfortunately, the latter was cursed more. Good luck Smoove.

• Like 2

You Josh Smith fans kill me! This dude isn't going to get any better..If anything he's going to get worse because his athleticism is obviously in decline. Ferry knows this and wants no part of the master of disaster called J Smoove!

Sounds like you are just a hater and want a player to blame for the Hawks lack of playoff success.

Sounds like you are just a hater and want a player to blame for the Hawks lack of playoff success.

nothing he said was false so how does that equal "hater"? u sound delusional. Josh is who he is.
  • Like 2

Smoove is definitely a crapshoot for a potential suitor. He will likely get a big chunk of cash + he is a guy who missed a game for insubordination and shot about 50% from the free throw line in his contract year.

But then...he can be a game changer on defense and can turn PGs around when they think about driving the lane.

Will he respect a new coach and team and be refreshed at a change of scenery?...or will he take the money and do the same old thing?

Who knows - I guess we will see.

• Moderators

Slim and none.

It depends on the cap management situation for the other team. If they need to shed cap space or they need to create room to sign Josh, it is certainly possible and unless Josh gets a max offer from someone then the only real need is that the team that has a need to create space is the highest bidder for Josh.

I would say it is a low % but a real one.

The second part of that question is what you could get in a S&T and the answer probably isn't much that the team isn't already willing to give up.