George Karl no longer Nuggets Coach

If and when the L.A. Clippers sign on George Karl as coach (which I think will happen), will this turn CP3 back to L.A.? $28 million more if he signs with the Clippers, along with Karl as the new coach. What's ya'lls opinions on the matter? I know the distress is mainly between the Clips ownership and CP3, but maybe this makes him reconsider even more?

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Well my only source is my cousin who happens to work with the Clippers. He says Brian Shaw and George Karl are their choices if he didn't reup with Denver. I haven't heard it anywhere else though.

Maybe your cuz should get a byline, that info is blowing up the twitterfeed.

I'm sure L.A. would want to grab Lionel Hollins if they could, but seeing that Memphis denied Brooklyn, I just don't see that happening. But they're looking at Hollins, Shaw, and Karl hard, with Karl now being at the top of the list.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Don't forget that LD won coach of the day or something like that one time this year and that didn't help him out either.

Yep - and Avery Johnson won it one month, got fired the next!!! Keep that award away from Coach Bud.

• Premium Member

If and when the L.A. Clippers sign on George Karl as coach (which I think will happen), will this turn CP3 back to L.A.? $28 million more if he signs with the Clippers, along with Karl as the new coach. What's ya'lls opinions on the matter? I know the distress is mainly between the Clips ownership and CP3, but maybe this makes him reconsider even more?

Last time I looked, Karl is a good coach but his fingers are naked.

The Clipper team is systemically beyond fixing because they are putting all their trust in a PF who's main thing is dunking. Griff is good for the highlight reel but midrange he's nothing. He becomes Zach Randolphs pin cushion in the playoffs. Sterling doesn't see it and will change coach after coach trying to solve it. Paul knows it. Paul has coaching credentials and he knows that they have a fatal flaw. He also knows that they will continue to treat Griff like a prized pig.

I think the main thing is that Paul is more concerned about winning. Money is great, but he will make more money. However, he wants a championship. If we could deliver Howard, I think he'd come.

• Like 1

Diesel, couldn't say it better myself brother. Karl won't make much of a difference IMO but I think that's who they're high on. Definately agree on the Blake Griffin front as well. Haven't seen too much improvement in him the past couple years, and he is FAR from a franchise player. Much like J-Smoove, his highlights make people think higher of him.

Edited by IllestPamfilis