• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: CP3 and D12 trying to team-up via Multiple Sources

NBASupes

I think we might have a chance becaue if Houston wants both of them they will have to trade Lin/Asik/T-Rob, Asik is easy but Lin is going to be very hard to trade, so they might have to added Parsons to the mix and for Dallas, they have to trade Marion, Carter and their draft picks. But I am going to think that we will miss out and build through the draft.

"Players can do anything they want i think. I don't think there are any rules against them discussing these things right?"

This was a part of an article last week discussing the tampering charges. Sounds to me like players can be guilty of tampering too.

"As part of its Collective Bargaining Agreement the league defines tampering as when a player or team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anybody under contract with another team in order to negotiate for their services."

• Premium Member

There are no rules about players talking to each other and Stern made that clear after the fiasco with the cHeat. Those guys had agreed to all play together during the Chinese Olympics. Ironically the fourth guy is CP3 that never got to Miami. I have to wonder if that's what has him talking to Dwight again about playing together now.

There are no rules about players talking to each other and Stern made that clear after the fiasco with the cHeat. Those guys had agreed to all play together during the Chinese Olympics. Ironically the fourth guy is CP3 that never got to Miami. I have to wonder if that's what has him talking to Dwight again about playing together now.

I guess that article was wrong then (?)

So we have an over-zealous sales rep that gets us fined for tampering, but these two guys, still under contract, can text each other about getting together somewhere. Why isn't the league filing tampering charges against them?

Houston's been sending Parsons and Harden out to stalk Howard (a bit exaggerated). Players can talk. Houston knows this. I wonder if Horford is gonna contact anyone.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

I don't believe the article because there are way too many things that are inaccurate and not doable and doesn't make sense. D12 Bolts LAL to play for LAC in the same gym and city??? Right. Nobody is that damn stupid. Chris Paul hates Atlanta because we didn't draft him? Who here is left that was a part of that drafting party?

• Like 1

Houston's been sending Parsons and Harden out to stalk Howard. Players can talk. Houston knows this. I wonder if Horford is gonna contact anyone.

Maybe, maybe not. I think Atlanta will do their own selling with Bud and Ferry about teamwork, building a great foundation, and building a great culture.

I think that Horford was talking to Chris Paul, but i think we need more folks to talk to them.

We only have like Horford and Lou. No one else even knows they are going to be on the team or even matter much to CP3 and D12 like Jenkins, Scott, and Mack.

• Premium Member

I think that Horford was talking to Chris Paul, but i think we need more folks to talk to them.

On the radio yesterday, when Horford talked about acquiring FAs, I could have sworn he said: "Chris, you need to come down here with D12 and play with me. We have the perfect family situation for you and your family and we can win championships together." I thought I heard him say that.

IF the lakers could trade DH it wod be suicide. But they are in a very atypical situation where the cards seem stacked against them. But which is worse losing DH and get nothing or deal him to LAC?

Here is what you have to remember. LA does that deal, the Clippers become contenders and the Lakers would be a middle of the pack team and Clippers win LA.

If Atlanta takes D12 and CP3, both LA teams get hit hard and at least LAL would have a ton of cap in 2014 to sign their own team and continue building till they have their own superteam. in a couple of years.

Also, LAL can't even do a SnT.

• Premium Member

IF the lakers could trade DH to LAC it wod be suicide. But they are in a very atypical situation where the cards seem stacked against them. But which is worse losing DH and get nothing or deal him to LAC?

If the Lakers trade DH and get Griff and Jordan I think nobody would be mad at them. IF we got both Paul and D12 and give up no compensation, we would be the most hated team on the West coast.

• Premium Member

IF the lakers could trade DH it wod be suicide. But they are in a very atypical situation where the cards seem stacked against them. But which is worse losing DH and get nothing or deal him to LAC?

The Lakers are not going to help the Clippers. They are content to let their deals expire. If they lose Dwight, so be it. They're not trading him to Clippers.

I know this is a stretch, but since we're under the cap, is there any way we'd take back salary from LAC to allow this to happen if we know Dwight and Paul aren't coming here? I know it makes more sense for them to come here, but let's just say we took back Caron Butler (expiring), Eric Bledsoe, D'Andre Jordan, and a pick for a future ATL pick or something. That would free them up to re-sign Chris Paul and then FA Dwight Howard. They'd build a big 3 of Paul, Howard and Griffin. I'd rather see Howard in LAC than LAL if ATL isn't an option.

We'd have our PG and young Center to retool our team with and still have about $14 million under the cap to fill the remaining spots. Thoughts?

On the radio yesterday, when Horford talked about acquiring FAs, I could have sworn he said: "Chris, you need to come down here with D12 and play with me. We have the perfect family situation for you and your family and we can win championships together." I thought I heard him say that.

Can somebody please verify if this is true?