• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

It's fireworks time and I'm on my cell soWith the 84th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft the Jaybitd 'Fighting' Hawks select:Ryan Anderson - PF.You can never go wrong with a stretch 4 especially when you have a post player.Starting Lineup:PG - Kyrie IrvingSG - Klay Thompson SF - Jimmy ButlerPF - Ryan AndersonC - Roy HibbertSultan has been PM'd.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I paid the price for no internet because I was picking either Ryan Anderson on the basis of fit or another player on the basis of talent. I had decided to go with Anderson but with him gone, I will take the young center that OKC tried to get for James Harden only to have Toronto hang up the phone:

Jonas Valanciunas

At 20 years old, he was already beasting on a per minute basis for Toronto. He would have been a no brainer #1 pick in the draft this year. He will do that for years ahead for the U-Niques.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

• Admin

Capstone's Crew selects Tobias Harris...Talk about a great story...Harris played like an all star after getting traded to the Magic averaging 20ppg and 10rpg the last month of the season at the SF position. Very impressive. Hhe can hit the 3 and plays good defense as well. The crew has gotten themselves a steal with this young pickup and are excited to see what he is going to do for us going forward.

• Like 2

Capstone's Crew selects Tobias Harris...Talk about a great story...Harris played like an all star after getting traded to the Magic averaging 20ppg and 10rpg the last month of the season at the SF position. Very impressive. Hhe can hit the 3 and plays good defense as well. The crew has gotten themselves a steal with this young pickup and are excited to see what he is going to do for us going forward.

I alllllmost pulled the trigger on him. Good pick right here. I only went with Pierce instead because I wanted some championship experience on my squad.

Are you going to play Batum at SG?

• Admin

I alllllmost pulled the trigger on him. Good pick right here. I only went with Pierce instead because I wanted some championship experience on my squad.

Harris was awesome after the trade...I guess sometimes you just have to be in the right situation

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde/sultanofatl - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde/sultanofatl - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

29. Alex - Rajon Rondo

30. AHF - Dwayne Wade

31. AtlHawk3 - David Lee

32. Diesel - Nikola Vucevic

33. Buzzard - Chandler Parsons

34. KB21 - Serge Ibaka

35. jy23 - Greg Monroe

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Chris Bosh

Third Round

37. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Jrue Holliday

38. jy23 - Ty Lawson

39. KB21 - Tyson Chandler

40. Buzzard - Mike Conley

41. Diesel - Zach Randolph

42. AtlHawk3 - Tim Duncan

43. AHF - Luol Deng
44. Alex - Josh Smith

45. Colin/Macecase - Larry Sanders

46. Dolfan - Nerlens Noel

47. alejandro09 - Jeff Green

48. JayBirdHawk - Klay Thompson

49. northcyde/sultanofatl - Kenneth Faried

50. capstone - Nicholas Baturm

51. MrNique - Andre Iguodala

52. Lethalweapon3 - Kemba Walker

53. coachx - Kobe Bryant

54. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Rudy Gay

Fourth Round

55. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Derrick Favors

56. coachx - Nikola Pekovic

57. lw3 - Bradley Beal

58. MrNique - Jeff Teague

59. capstone - Marcin Gortat

60. northcyde/sultanofatl - Danny Green

61. JayBirdHawk - Jimmy Butler

62. alejandro09 - Harrison Barnes

63. Dolfan - Andre Drummond

64. Colin/Macecase - Danilo Gallinari

65. Alex - JJ Hickson

66. AHF - Brandon Jennings

67. AtlHawk3 - Thaddeus Young

68. Diesel - O.J. Mayo

69. Buzzard - Tyreke Evans

70. KB21 - George Hill

71. jy23 - SKIPPED

72. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Eric Gordon

Fifth Round

73. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Spencer Hawes

74. jy23 - SKIPPED

75. KB21 - Tiago Splitter

76. Buzzard - Irsan Ilyasova

77. Diesel - Maurice Harkless

78. AtlHawk3 - J.R. Smith

79. AHF - Jonas Valauciunas
80. Alex - Kevin Martin

81. Colin/Macecase - Iman Shumpert

82. Dolfan - Paul Pierce

83. alejandro09 - DeAndre Jordan

84. JayBirdHawk - Ryan Anderson

85. northcyde/sultanofatl - Eric Bledsoe

86. capstone - Tobias Harris

87. MrNique -

88. Lethalweapon3 -

89. coachx -

90. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

Sixth Round

91. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

92. coachx -

93. lw3 -

94. MrNique -

95. capstone -

96. northcyde/sultanofatl -

97. JayBirdHawk -

98. alejandro09 -

99. Dolfan -

100. Colin/Macecase -

101. Alex -

102. AHF -

103. AtlHawk3 -

104. Diesel -

105. Buzzard -

106. KB21 -

107. jy23 -

108. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

• Like 3

I was really hoping that Ryan Anderson would fall. Jaybird keeps "stealing" my picks!Tobias good pick as well. He was on my short list for a 6th man. Young and really came on offensively down the stretch. Curious to see what he does with a full year at starter.My pick, momentarily.

With the 87th Pick, MrNique selects: OMER ASIK, C Reuniting the 1-2 punch of Noah/Asik. Dude is another elite rebounder with excellent work ethic and ability to maximize his talents. One of the best defensive Centers in the league, I feel.My team:PG - Jeff TeagueSG - Andre IguodolaSF - Paul GeorgePF - C - Joakim Noah - Omer Asik

• Like 2

• Moderators

With what should have been the 88th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Gordon Hayward, Small Forward/Shooting Guard, 6’8”, 210 lbs.

Sometimes, it seems the Hawks simply can’t see the talent for the ######s. That goes even for former Hawks players like Utah Jazz head coach Ty Corbin, who relegated Gordon Hayward to bench status in mid-season in favor of veterans of questionable worthiness. That’s even with gaudy statistical nuggets like this to chew on, from AllThatAmar of SLCDunk (1/22/2013):

http://www.slcdunk.com/utah-jazz-2012-2013-mid-season-review/2013/1/22/3904750/jazz-guard-gordon-hayward-is-an-existential-riddle

How good has Gordon been over his young career?

Well, here's the complete list of players (from 2001-2002 till now) who are 6'9 and shorter, who by the age of 23 have at least:

· played in 4,300 total minutes

· scored 1,700 total points

· gotten 485 total rebounds

· dished out 375 assists

· made 100 threes

· have 100 steals

· and 80 blocks

· while shooting 45 fg%

LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Rudy Gay, Derrick Rose, ###### #########, and Gordon Hayward. And Hayward did it one year earlier that most of the guys on that list.

At age 23, Hayward’s hitting shots behind the perimeter at a 40-plus percent clip, isn’t afraid to attack the rim, and is proving to be the opposite of a liability on defense, often surprising opponents with his athleticism. While he’s a heady on-ball defender who will help Brad Beal with longer wings, he was also popular around the SLC for his patented chase down blocks.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNTIdEaO4c

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVhoPavhPE

Gordon will have to establish a mid-range shot, as he already takes way too many 22.999-footers for anyone’s liking. But he’s proficient at the spots on the floor where Beal is weaker, particularly above-the-break and on the right side of the floor. Improving shot selection will help this additional young gun on the Injections, as this team’s defensive stopper is primed to receive a major boost in usage on offense. He’s already doing the things that were long expected of the senior players that he was sitting for.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal

SF – Gordon Hayward

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge

C – DeMarcus Cousins

The consummate coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1