• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D12 meetings are over. Final Predictions?

Jody23

I think Houston. I hope Atlanta but I believe hiring Bud killed it. I believe had Drew was still here or another proven HC he may have chosen the Hawks. Ferry seems to not understand how to effectively recruit him. This coaching staff ... is not the things of greatness.

D12 saying he does not like the city but likes the team (from Hairy's Insider) has absolutely nothing to do with Ferry effectively recruiting him. I doubt the Hawks would have even gotten a sit down with D12 if Ferry wasn't here.

I think Houston. I hope Atlanta but I believe hiring Bud killed it. I believe had Drew was still here or another proven HC he may have chosen the Hawks. Ferry seems to not understand how to effectively recruit him. This coaching staff ... is not the things of greatness.

Everything I have heard suggests Dwight respects Bud a lot. He likes Ferry also I gather. Some people just don't care to play at home..Why would this coaching staff not be great? We really don't know yet. Lets give the guy a chance before we dog him.

Everything I have heard suggests Dwight respects Bud a lot. He likes Ferry also I gather. Some people just don't care to play at home..Why would this coaching staff not be great? We really don't know yet. Lets give the guy a chance before we dog him.

Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, Oj Mayo to 3-5 year deals and a comfortable slot as the 7th/8th seed (maybe even lower with the rise of some younger teams) or a chance at Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart/Young? Tough choice. If you have the worst record you are atleast picking 3rd (or was it 4th) correct?

Hey maybe we can trade our 5th pick to form a big three. Problem is this FA doesn't have a big three and we would still need to tank like Boston. Posted Image

So Ellis, Jefferson, Mayo, Teague/Schröder, Horford and Williams would get us a 7th/8th seed or worse but Teague, Smith and Horford had us a 6th seed(one game away from 5th seed) last year? Doesn't make sense.

ow what lengths

D12 saying he does not like the city but likes the team (from Hairy's Insider) has absolutely nothing to do with Ferry effectively recruiting him. I doubt the Hawks would have even gotten a sit down with D12 if Ferry wasn't here.

You may be right and I do not know what lengths Ferry and ASG went to. However, not having 'Nique at the table or any current Hawk (Al or Lou) in tow probably gave Dwight pause. That room probably felt foreign for him. I could be wrong. just sayin (I may be banned for my opinion any moment)

So Ellis, Jefferson, Mayo, Teague/Schröder, Horford and Williams would get us a 7th/8th seed or worse but Teague, Smith and Horford had us a 6th seed(one game away from 5th seed) last year? Doesn't make sense.

Not getting all of those FAs. It was a list. Point is neither is a championship contender. Star FAs are not out there past Dwight. Ferry moved Joe because he was simply not worth it to this team. Why would he then go out and pay Ellis instead? You don't think he learned after paying Larry Hughes? He sees a team with 3 guys on it as of now, and a deep draft coming up. Either fill the team with the FA crop or rebuild through the draft with a vision that Ferry and Bud would have in common.

Edited by RWF

Not getting all of those FAs. It was a list. Point is neither is a championship contender. Star FAs are not out there past Dwight. Ferry moved Joe because he was simply not worth it to this team. Why would he then go out and pay Ellis instead? You don't think he learned after paying Larry Hughes? He sees a team with 3 guys on it as of now, and a deep draft coming up.

Bynum is the only guy outside of Dwight worth taking a gamble on. If he can finally get healthy, BIG IF, I know, then we've got ourselves a superstar and we'll have the best frontcourt in basketball with Bynum and Al.

Bynum is the only guy outside of Dwight worth taking a gamble on. If he can finally get healthy, BIG IF, I know, then we've got ourselves a superstar and we'll have the best frontcourt in basketball with Bynum and Al.

What if we don't get Bynum either, or he stays injured, what do you think should happen? Also, Dallas, and/or Houston will be scrambling to get Bynum as well.

3 guys on the roster. a deep draft coming up. Ferry and Bud both from a winning franchise known for building through the draft. They are obviously comfortable in their job security as of now to start from scratch. Some people might be upset if this happens it seems but sadly Hawks are not Lakers. We don't attract, we have to go and take. Free Agency/Trade/Draft, 3 ways to get a Franchise guy. Free Agency outside of Dwight is a no go. Trade, can't trade for something if we don't have nothing. Draft is our only way.

Edited by RWF

What if we don't get Bynum either, or he stays injured, what do you think should happen?

3 guys on the roster. a deep draft coming up. Ferry and Bud both from a winning franchise known for building through the draft. They are obviously comfortable in their job security as of now to start from scratch. Some people might be upset if this happens it seems but sadly Hawks are not Lakers. We don't attract, we have to go and take. Free Agency/Trade/Draft, 3 ways to get a Franchise guy. Free Agency outside of Dwight is a no go. Trade, can't trade for something if we don't have nothing. Draft is our only way.

I would sign Bynum to a max 1 year contract no matter what. If he comes back then we've gotten a steal. If he doesn't then we'll have used up most of our cap room and won't have a very good team so we should get a great lottery pick. The key thing is that we have to spend 90% of the salary cap so we're gonna add at least $30 million in contracts through FA, whether that's bringing in new guys or our own guys or a combo of who knows.

• Like 1

If it were me I'd go to the Clippers with Doc Rivers and see if they can trade D Jordan and one more person to free up cap space. Then you'd have Griffin, Paul and Howard. I think the Rockets suck with Jeremy Lin running the show and Harden dissappears against good comp.

If not the Clippers, I'd honestly try to hook up with J smith and Horford. Push Josh to the three and Horford to the four position.

Heck no to Dallas too for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

I'm moving back to 50/50 with Houston and LA. Because next off season LA will only have two contracts, Dwight and Nash. After resigning Kobe they will still have a bundle to spend. And of course the LT means nothing to them. They will need a different coach though.

Kobe is on the way out, but LA is too much pressure for his feeble personality. I would think Morey, who is supposed to be on the cutting edge of advanced analytics, realizes that taking the ball out the hands of Harden, who excels at three point and free throw shooting, is pretty dumb when giving it to a guy who ranks 43 in TO rate among centers and is one of the worst free throw shooters of his time. Evidently he doesnt. Their loss. Dirk is on the way out and he knows Cuban will baby him. I'm going with Dallas for $1,000, Alex, likely getting an outstanding coach fired.I'm just ecstatic we aren't serious players anymore. Besides the dividends his size, wingspan, and hops pay on the glass and protecting the rim, the kid is useless. Hurts your team in so many ways. He had the perfect oppurtunity to dominate in their first round series. Tiago Splitter playing across from him, what does he do? Leads his team to an embarrassing sweep where he amassed 17 fouls, missed 4 more free throws than he made, and had a 4:1 TO to assist ratio. 1 more field goal than Pau Gasol, who is pretty much dead to the NBA. This is the guy everyone covets? Mind blowing.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I can't seem to get this thought out of my head today. Dwight left LA and California period to make his decision, which makes me wonder if he's ruling them out and wants out of there now. But in addition to that, what if Dwight does the unthinkable and decides to rescue his hometown team? Nobody and I mean nobody outside of some on here even think it's remotely possible but what if Dwight really is coming home? Ferry and the Hawks have been completely quiet so far this offseason and you haven't really heard anything about Josh doing anything and I just have this feeling in the back of my mind that maybe these guys are really going to make it happen? If Dwight refuses to come to Atlanta, even after we put ourselves in this perfect position, he would be ostracized from the city and people would never forget that he turned his back on the city and on the team. His legacy is already hurt from the flip flopping and I just wonder if maybe he's not seriously considering doing the right thing and coming home to rescue his hometown Hawks?

• Like 1

I can't seem to get this thought out of my head today. Dwight left LA and California period to make his decision, which makes me wonder if he's ruling them out and wants out of there now. But in addition to that, what if Dwight does the unthinkable and decides to rescue his hometown team? Nobody and I mean nobody outside of some on here even think it's remotely possible but what if Dwight really is coming home? Ferry and the Hawks have been completely quiet so far this offseason and you haven't really heard anything about Josh doing anything and I just have this feeling in the back of my mind that maybe these guys are really going to make it happen? If Dwight refuses to come to Atlanta, even after we put ourselves in this perfect position, he would be ostracized from the city and people would never forget that he turned his back on the city and on the team. His legacy is already hurt from the flip flopping and I just wonder if maybe he's not seriously considering doing the right thing and coming home to rescue his hometown Hawks?

Sound soo GOOD! but good things dont happen to the Hawks

Edited by JohnnyCASH