• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight was riding MARTA today

ATLscrubLove

A buddy of mine that has to ride MARTA to go virtually everywhere saw Billy Knight today on one of the trains. Wonder what he's doing around town... I know he goes to Dream games sometimes. Guess he still lives down here or something. If I saw him out somewhere I'd probably cuss him out.

He got what came to him...arrogant ass. That was my biggest problem with BK. Dude plowed forward with this ridiculous idea and gave no thought to nothing else. When people questioned him, he was basically like, "I don't have to tell you shit. I get paid millions of dollars to run an NBA franchise. I will do what I want."

Even if it meant passing on potential franchise PG's for another f#cking guard/forward...

He will be forever known as the idiot that screwed up our rebuild and passed on CP3 for Marvin.

I hope someone whacked him upside the head with CP3 and Deron Williams bobbleheads.

• Like 4

I hope someone whacked him upside the head with CP3 and Deron Williams bobbleheads.

nah, Chris Paul was too short and little to be our Pg.BK wanted somebody long and athletic to be our PG.That why he brought in T.Lue and Speedy Claxton... oh wait,they were midgets too.Nevermind

nah, Chris Paul was too short and little to be our Pg.BK wanted somebody long and athletic to be our PG.That why he brought in T.Lue and Speedy Claxton... oh wait,they were midgets too.Nevermind

Years ago, my mother once told me that you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything. Well, eff all that. He's the main reason why we are one Dwight Howard signing to (insert any city but Atlanta) away from getting put in the same lottery sentence that the Cavs, Wiz, Bobcats, and Raptors have been serving. He is the reason why JJ could parlay the fact that there was no one else on the roster on his level into a max deal. Instead of spending the last half decade watching one FA after another beg our team for a spot on the roster in order to ride shotgun with the likes of Chris Paul, Josh Smith, JJ, and Andre Iguodala/Luol Deng, we are stuck having to hope for Tyreke Evans while hoping that one of the foreign kids pan out. If that arrogant, stubborn SOB never got another job in the league, it wouldn't sour my day.Eff Billy Knight. Really, eff him...

The really sad part about Billy is if you ask him, he would do it all the same way over again...he was one stubborn arrogant arsehat that when wanting your opinion, he would give it to you...He crushed this franchise and today we are right where he began...thanks BK and we appreciate you "having it your way"!

• Premium Member

I'll never forget talking to him at a game in the season after that draft and he actually told me to my face that he didn't think Deron and Paul were franchise point guards. I just looked at him in shock. I still can't understand how anyone could miss not one but TWO franchise point guards.

BK had a STUNNING run of mistakes on high draft picks (and you have to count in very high second rounders). I don't think it will ever be equalled. Granted we never got the top pick - but who knows what he would have done if we did?

You can pick apart each individual pick and make a case for BK's thinking on most - but the CONSISTENCY of missing out is what is amazing

A Chimpanzee throwing darts at a draft board would have done much better..

BK could catch a 5 inch Bluegill in the middle of a Salmon run Posted Image

He did try to trade back up to take a pg in that draft but didnt have the assets. Well over half the league would have drafted Marv and other gms were trying to trade up to get Marv which in the end prolly makes Knight look worse for not trading down. The Sheldon thing was Woody not Knight. He did get us Joe, Josh and Al but will always be rememberd for Marv just like he would be remembed for that stiff Oden had we got 1 overall the year AL was drafted. Sometimes the draft dictates who you take, the consensus chooses your fate. Hell most said Marv would be the best player in the draft 5 years later and argued he should be taken 1 overall. Sadly you cant measure heart in a workout.

He did try to trade back up to take a pg in that draft but didnt have the assets. Well over half the league would have drafted Marv and other gms were trying to trade up to get Marv which in the end prolly makes Knight look worse for not trading down. The Sheldon thing was Woody not Knight. He did get us Joe, Josh and Al but will always be rememberd for Marv just like he would be remembed for that stiff Oden had we got 1 overall the year AL was drafted. Sometimes the draft dictates who you take, the consensus chooses your fate. Hell most said Marv would be the best player in the draft 5 years later and argued he should be taken 1 overall. Sadly you cant measure heart in a workout.

As I said before NJHawk...you can make an argument for many of BK's bad picks - individually - but you can't make an argument for his skills as a GM when he made mistakes year after year - time after time - almost every time.

The only one he got really right was Smoove - a 2nd first round pick that even BK admitted was just a throw-away to get a hometown kid. AL was a total no-brainer.

If you blame Shelden on Woody - well then - who was in charge?

Edited by DJlaysitup

True dj. One thing I think is hilarious and that is the team that just won the last 2 nba championships basically did it with their best players being 6'8 - 6'10 and had no kind of real pg or center to speak of.