• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford is now following Iggy on Twitter

ATLscrubLove

• Moderators

I didn't even know Iggy was active on Twitter until his minor blow up after Sacramento rescinded their $14 mil/yr deal for him. It's more likely linked to that story than to be linked to Iggy signing with the Hawks. Not that I'm against the best perimeter defender in the league signing with us.

• Moderators

I wonder who he's talking about here...

• Like 1

Don't know if that means anything, but I would be happy to have Iggy here. He would help attract another FA next season, and I think we could use his perimeter defense, since Stevenson certainly isn't returning and I doubt Dahntay Jones is. He is also very versatile, which would make up for what we're losing in Smith, but without the poor shot selection and not showing up sometimes.

Don't know if that means anything, but I would be happy to have Iggy here. He would help attract another FA next season, and I think we could use his perimeter defense, since Stevenson certainly isn't returning and I doubt Dahntay Jones is. He is also very versatile, which would make up for what we're losing in Smith, but without the poor shot selection and not showing up sometimes.

Iggy is actually as bad a perimeter shooter as Josh is and if you take away the names on the back of their jerseys, they are equal as defenders. If it came down to it, I'd rather have Josh back (along with Dwight and Al) so that he can get his ring in Atlanta because the man bleeds Atlanta Hawks basketball.

• Like 4

I was going to say I prefer Iggy to Smith because he's probably a better FT shooter (we would lose many close games if we have both Josh and Dwight out there together at the end of games), but his career numbers at the charity stripe are taking the same route as Josh's. yikes!!

• Like 1

Iggy is actually as bad a perimeter shooter as Josh is and if you take away the names on the back of their jerseys, they are equal as defenders. If it came down to it, I'd rather have Josh back (along with Dwight and Al) so that he can get his ring in Atlanta because the man bleeds Atlanta Hawks basketball.

Josh is better interior defender but I'm right there with u on that id rather have Dwight, Al, and Josh than Iggy in place of Josh. I fell he is a better overall defender and a pretty good passer when he is paying within his means
  • Like 1

Josh is better interior defender but I'm right there with u on that id rather have Dwight, Al, and Josh than Iggy in place of Josh. I fell he is a better overall defender and a pretty good passer when he is paying within his means

Iggy gets more recognition as a perimeter defender but Josh absolutely shut down Paul George in the playoffs when he was matched up 1 on 1 with him and quite honestly the only guy I've seen have his way with Josh out there has been Carmelo and he's done that to probably every defender in the league at some point.

• Like 1

Iggy gets more resignation as a perimeter defender but Josh absolutely shut down Paul George in the playoffs when he was matched up 1 on 1 with him and quite honestly the only guy I've seen have his way with Josh out there has been Carmelo and he's done that to probably every defender in the league at some point.

Very true. But I like Josh one one defending elites like melo n Lebron n kd I dnt see anyone else that can pay the 3 to do a better job defending against them. N melo did get into Josh but scorers like that its not too much u can do about it. I kno I'm gonna butcher the name but is like Craig Ehlio n Jordan. Good d but better o