• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Warriors trying to clear cap space to sign D12 outright

Admin

you pick up barnes, jefferson, and bogut for smoove, you could have a lineup of:

teague/Schröder/williams

korver/williams/jenkins

barnes/stevenson/korver

horford/other/muscalla

bogut/other/bebe/muscalla

of course the key is barnes. that biedrins guy is just awful.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

you pick up barnes, jefferson, and bogut for smoove, you could have a lineup of: teague/Schröder/williamskorver/williams/jenkinsbarnes/stevenson/korverhorford/other/muscallabogut/other/bebe/muscalla of course the key is barnes. that biedrins guy is just awful.

Seeing that Bogut is an expiring, yes I would do it.

• Moderators

If Dwight doesn't come here, I hope it's San Fran. With that said, I hope Atlanta doesn't do anything to help him get there. Bogut, Biedrins, and Jefferson are just turrible. Would rather have broken Bynum than broken Bogut, unless Danny wants expirings because he thinks he has a chance at LBJ. Myers just needs to take Bieds and drown his ass in a remote part of Bay. Most worthless player in the league... lol

Why are we promoting picking up expiring contracts... We have all kinds of cap space this year and it has netted us crap.... No thanks on Bierdins or Bogut...

A beauty about cap space is that you can also absorb bad contracts to go along with other valuable assets. Why would you say it hasn't netted the team crap when you are eliminating an entire avenue for its use? Take the expirings and wash and repeat next year, pretty soon you have enough young assets and picks that you can construct a real team. Atlanta needs to start thinking like a small market team seeing as the "big city" label hasn't done jack for it in free agency.

Edited by MaceCase

Where has it stated that Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes would be dealt to make it happen. Those are the only assets that I'd want from their roster. No report has mentioned either of those players... It mentions three bums and a 2014 pick (which is apparently untradeable). I'd entertain the idea if it included Barnes but I still think this whole thing is a stretch, a last ditch effort where Dwight has told them that they are his first choice and given them an opportunity to make moves and sign him. Good luck to them getting someone to take their scraps.

Where has it stated that Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes would be dealt to make it happen. Those are the only assets that I'd want from their roster. No report has mentioned either of those players... It mentions three bums and a 2014 pick (which is apparently untradeable). I'd entertain the idea if it included Barnes but I still think this whole thing is a stretch, a last ditch effort where Dwight has told them that they are his first choice and given them an opportunity to make moves and sign him. Good luck to them getting someone to take their scraps.

It isnt mentioned, but no one is making that deal for 3 bad players and a 2015 first.

Warriors wouldn't trade Barnes and bogut for josh. They want cap space this year to sign Dwight outright since the Lakers won't agree to a SNT. That means no one will view their expiring as assets as usual because they would be using cap this year for cap next year. They will have to trade one or two of the expiring plus an enticing asset to a team that can absorb it.That's a small grouping of teams. Hawks should try for klay if Dwight says no to us. Klay and bout for two seconds would be awesome if agreeable to them.

A beauty about cap space is that you can also absorb bad contracts to go along with other valuable assets. Why would you say it hasn't netted the team crap when you are eliminating an entire avenue for its use? Take the expirings and wash and repeat next year, pretty soon you have enough young assets and picks that you can construct a real team. Atlanta needs to start thinking like a small market team seeing as the "big city" label hasn't done jack for it in free agency.

Small market. Probably a lot of truth to that

Guys, this is a perfect storm. Golden State has two awesome young players in Klay Thompson, and Harrison Barnes who averaged 16 points/game in the playoffs as a 21 year old rookie. The only way they would trade either of them is if they have a chance to sign someone like Dwight Howard. Since we missed out on anyone worth signing, this is great news for us.

We take an expiring contract or two, and have a long term starter for the trouble. Next year we have our capspace again after Biedrins, Bogut, or whoever else comes off the books. If we are not gonna tank this is how you reshape your roster.

• Like 3

Guys, this is a perfect storm. Golden State has two awesome young players in Klay Thompson, and Harrison Barnes who averaged 16 points/game in the playoffs as a 21 year old rookie. The only way they would trade either of them is if they have a chance to sign someone like Dwight Howard. Since we missed out on anyone worth signing, this is great news for us.

We take an expiring contract or two, and have a long term starter for the trouble. Next year we have our capspace again after Biedrins, Bogut, or whoever else comes off the books. If we are not gonna tank this is how you reshape your roster.

Dwight is not going to GS. We have a much better chance than GS even though they have Steph Curry.

Guys, this is a perfect storm. Golden State has two awesome young players in Klay Thompson, and Harrison Barnes who averaged 16 points/game in the playoffs as a 21 year old rookie. The only way they would trade either of them is if they have a chance to sign someone like Dwight Howard. Since we missed out on anyone worth signing, this is great news for us. We take an expiring contract or two, and have a long term starter for the trouble. Next year we have our capspace again after Biedrins, Bogut, or whoever else comes off the books. If we are not gonna tank this is how you reshape your roster.

The problem for GS is if they trade their young studs, they lose some of their appeal from Dwight's standpoint. So I doubt they will include them.
  • Like 1

Warriors is one of the worst possible scenarios. We wouldn't get anything back from them most likely. At least if he goes to Houston we can pry away Asik.

Dwight's agent is definitely leading this effort here...this is a great opportunity for the Hawks if we can get Klay Thompson and bogut then I would make it work.....THis would be a dream come true for Hawks

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Klay Thompson / Louis Williams / Jenkins

SF- Corey Brewer / Korver

PF- Horford

C- Bogut / Zaza

• Premium Member

Dwight's agent is definitely leading this effort here...this is a great opportunity for the Hawks if we can get Klay Thompson and bogut then I would make it work.....THis would be a dream come true for Hawks

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Klay Thompson / Louis Williams / Jenkins

SF- Corey Brewer / Korver

PF- Horford

C- Bogut / Zaza

That is a mediocre team that would kill our chances of getting a lottery pick while also not having any superstar on the team. Do you want this team to stay on the playoff treadmill forever?

I want Barnes/Jefferson/Biedrins ...the young athletic guy in Barnes plus 2 expirings next summer. We would add a young piece while remaining flexible and possibly getting a top 6 pick next year.