• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tomorrow (7/5/13) should be interesting!

PaceRam

So it's the 10th already?

Rumor is he will announce today and hopefully teams and players can move on with their future. If true, it is a good ( considerate ) thing for him to do.

"Howard could have a decision this week. Peter Vecsey reports Howard plans to make his decision Friday."

Link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/dwight-howard-nba-free-agency-lakers-rockets-mavericks-hawks-warriors-070313

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Our chances are slim. It would be the shock heard round the world. Rocket and Lakers message boards would go up in flames and tears. I don't expect it. Dwight never indicated or leaked any excitement about Atlanta. Lets build the team that proves the Spurs way works.

Nope. Immediately after him signing, the media would talk about how Dwight Howard is not a winner, etc...

The proof would be when we dominate!!!

• Premium Member

Say what you will about Chris Paul, but it took him one day to decide what he wanted. But not Howard. This is why I won't be disappointed when he doesn't choose Atlanta. He seems to be all about himself and has had no problem handcuffing our team with his drama.

You're fooling yourself if you really think Dwight's willing to play in Atlanta. The organisation hasn't proven anything : 2nd round exits, disrespect for its players, cheap, weak fan base...

Yeah and the clippers were the laughing stock of the NBA for years. Now Chris Paul just re-signed with them and they are considered possible contenders. Ferry is working on changing that culture. We may not get Dwight but it certainly isn't for a lack of Ferry trying to change the image of this franchise. If your thought process was the way everyone viewed other things,many brands would have gone under because of the image it had 20 years ago. Stop living in the past and get on board with the future. It's bright!
  • Like 2

Guest Walter

Jefferson has agreed to sign with bobcats.http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/04/3010131/charlotte-bobcats-al-jefferson.htmlAfter our korver signing signaling "win now" (or try to win later with a $7 mil, 37 yr old shooter), with Tyreke and Jefferson off the board we are in trouble. No matter how you saw the Tyreke, Jefferson options, they are one less option open to us.W

Sources say the Hawks, meanwhile, have not been outright told they are out of contention, but they are the only one of the five teams to be granted face-to-face sitdowns with Howard this week that has begun to move on to other free-agent business as opposed to holding out hope that Howard remains gettable.

Sources say the Hawks, meanwhile, have not been outright told they are out of contention, but they are the only one of the five teams to be granted face-to-face sitdowns with Howard this week that has begun to move on to other free-agent business as opposed to holding out hope that Howard remains gettable.

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/04/kyle-korver-contract-atlanta-hawks-agreement-re-sign/

I think it gonna get ugly on the Squawk tomorrow.I predict a lot angry posts and hurt feelings.We will likely have to ban Howard's name from the site like Jordan Crawford and Mayo.Then then fight between the pro-tankers and anti-tankers will break out :(

Get yo popcorn ready.

As much as I'd like to see him here, I won't get too upset if he plays somewhere else. I'll take heart in knowing that every nba championship team since 2004 won without D12 on their roster, so he isn't the only way we can get there.