• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons sign Josh Smith - 4 years / 56 million

lethalweapon3

Guest rivgambino

Pistons might very well be the new hawks of the east. A lock for the playoffs sealed with a guarantee that they'll never get past the 2nd round. New city, same outcome Mr. Smith.

answering the question of how much is left: (a few of these are approximate)

Horford - 12 million

Milsap - 9 million

Korver 5.5 million

Lou - 5.25 million

Teague Q/O - 4.5

Carroll - 2.5 million

Jenkins 1.26 million

Cunningham - 1.21 million

Nogueira hold - 1.4 million

Schröder hold 1.3 million

------------------------------------

43.92 million not including holds 3 spots to fill, 2 holds of 490k each

So we have 14.4 million minimum to spend (give or take) if we renounce everyone.

Going to miss hearing Bob say

"And just a terrible shot selection from Josh on that one"

Nique:

"I agree Bob, you have to get the ball to your guards going up court"

Yea Nique used to say "That's where u gotta get it to ur guard" llke a dozen times every game lol

Well this has been a long time coming and I'm happy for both sides to finally part ways, but it's definitely sad to see Josh's departure become official.

Honestly, Josh Smith is the main reason I became the diehard Hawks fan that I am today. I was born in 89 and didn’t really care anything about basketball (other than Space Jam) until I saw the Shaq and Kobe Lakers battle the Kings. That was thrilling basketball and I became somewhat of a Lakers fan. I went to several Hawks games with my dad and would root for them to win, but I was mostly there to see stars on the other team. It wasn’t until I saw Josh Smith win the dunk contest that my interest really piqued in the home team. It was cool to see a young rookie with such such special talent shine on a national stage. I started watching Hawks games on television and by the next season I was a full-blown fan. He’s been the one constant through all these years and the reason for my username on here and RealGM.

So even though probably half of my posts have been dedicated to criticizing Josh and venting my frustration, I am going to miss seeing #5 Josh Smith in the lineup. Thanks for all the highlights.

P.S. I’ve hated the Lakers for years. Don’t ban me.

• Like 3

LOL @ the tweet saying if the Pistons get Rando they would be pretty good.

You can say that for anything. If the Bucks acquired Todd Day, Mookie Blaylock, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, and Kobe Bryant they would be good.

LOL @ the tweet saying if the Pistons get Rando they would be pretty good.

You can say that for anything. If the Bucks acquired Todd Day, Mookie Blaylock, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, and Kobe Bryant they would be good.

Well there was a previous post saying Rondo to the Pistons is a possibilty...and if the Celtics are going full-tank it would make sense that they will be shopping him.

I was looking at the Pistons roster and there are players I would consider taking off their hands if they wanted cap space in a SnT.

F - Jonas Jerebko 4.5 Million

C - Vyacheslav Kravtsov 1.5 Million

SG- Kim English .788 Million

SG - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 2.2 Million

The first two are probably considered expendable. The latter two are probably penciled in as high minutes players at weak positions. Other than Pope they all have only two years left on their contracts, so very low risk. And Jonas is a intriguing prospect as a tall stretch forward type.

Other than those four, the Pistons do not have a lot to offer and we all know Drummond and Monroe are off limits.

Edited by Buzzard

As much as he frustrated me, Smoove seemed like a great guy all around and I wish him the best of luck with the Pistons.Having said that, I guess it's time to change my avatar.

We're talking about the same guy that took Darko ahead of Melo,Wade, Bosh, etc.... Btw, how in the heck does this dude still have a job? Are you kidding me?

It's not like Darko wasn't universally hyped. The only way to win is to get high picks like that, you know.

• Like 1