• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings for Teague heating up?

JohnnyCASH

Visited the bucks forums a second ago and they don't really like Teague that much. But they know how much LD wants him in Milwaukee. they were discussing the they like the deal if its jennings and they add one of their bigs for Teague. But their afraid that if the deal is done than it'd be jennings and a 2014 1st for Teague(which they don't really want)

Visited the bucks forums a second ago and they don't really like Teague that much. But they know how much LD wants him in Milwaukee. they were discussing the they like the deal if its jennings and they add one of their bigs for Teague. But their afraid that if the deal is done than it'd be jennings and a 2014 1st for Teague(which they don't really want)

No one would do that deal. Both players tend to have similar value on the open market. This would be a straight up swap, if any other players are involved, it would be because Atlanta or Milwaukee values a player on one of the teams roster. No way in hell is Atlanta or Milwaukee trading their 2014 1st in this SnT. The player value for each player is too similar.

I will take Jennings over Teague every day of the week. Teague is too passive while Jennings looks to attack the rim at all times. We could surround him with 4 above average shooters and he would wreak havoc on defenses. Sure, he has some faults, but I would rather have a pg that looks to take what he wants instead of settles for what he is given. Jennings has star qualities and I think he would be a good fit in Atlanta.

lol Jennings can't even finish at the rim, so it doesn't even matter. Oh u mean like this?

Edited by Cwell

Hawks mentioned in a three way trade with Jazz and Nugs.

#Nuggets #Jazz and #Hawks are discussing a 3 team trade that would send Randy Foye to Denver.

This is about the deal we did with Milsap, I think Utah wants a TPE or something like that. Not sure we are getting anything out of this one.

• Premium Member

Just gauging Brew Fans reaction to this possible trade:

hope the swap happens

Better TS%, slightly bigger, somewhat better defender, slightly more pass first, knows what Drew wants, and both Drew and he are not scared of the reunion, all positives for Teague. But the biggest positive is for the fans, maybe esp since the Bucks brought back old players, many fans want ‘any’ pg not named Jennings.

I really want to bring Teague back... longterm. Here's my deal, if we do trade him, we better get Dalembert too. Maybe a double SNT with Teague/Zaza for Dalembert/Jennings.

• Like 1

It's funny, some of the weaknesses that Jeff has Jennings has but because of our personnel being far more favorable to PG's than Milwaukee's, Jeff gets praised while Brandon gets hate. Not taking away from Jeff talent because Jeff is a talented player. No lie about that but if you want to ask me who would I rather have from watching them play, easily Jennings. Without a question.

Look this game v. Lillard and the Blazers

Does Jennings know how to finish with his right hand? I know he's a lefty, but I haven't seen him finish with his right hand in a few of the highlight videos that I've seen of him.

I wouldn't want to trade Teague for Jennings straight up but if we get a 2014 pick out of it then what are we waiting for?

There's 3 things Jennings has over Teague and these 3 things are something you cannot teach! 1.aggressiveness2.killer instinct3. Star potentialBut let me warn the rest of you hawk fans now....I'm fine if ferry and bud want to gamble on Jennings and try to mold him to his potential but FYI Jennings is immature, he don't listen, he thinks very high if himself like josh smithAll I'm saying is that even though Jennings has the ability to become a big time star he has personal issues in his way just like josh smith had.In fact that's exactly what he is! A josh smith player with huge upside to become a star but he plays stupid basketball....but I'm a believer if ferry and bud can change this guy Brandon Jennings he will no doubt be a star in this league but he has a LOT of work to do and so does ferry and bud! Good thing he's only 24.

• Like 3

There's 3 things Jennings has over Teague and these 3 things are something you cannot teach!1.aggressiveness2.killer instinct3. Star potentialBut let me warn the rest of you hawk fans now....I'm fine if ferry and bud want to gamble on Jennings and try to mold him to his potential but FYI Jennings is immature, he don't listen, he thinks very high if himself like josh smithAll I'm saying is that even though Jennings has the ability to become a big time star he has personal issues in his way just like josh smith had.In fact that's exactly what he is! A josh smith player with huge upside to become a star but he plays stupid basketball....but I'm a believer if ferry and bud can change this guy Brandon Jennings he will no doubt be a star in this league but he has a LOT of work to do and so does ferry and bud! Good thing he's only 24.

He's a piss poor Josh Smith. I wouldn't even gamble on him. Teague is better anyways.

• Premium Member

CBS writer weighs-in....

ESPN reports that the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks, who have the same problem, a starting point guard up for his rookie extension they're not totally sold on, are workin on a solution by simply swapping Brandon Jennings and Jeff Teague.

Sources briefed on the situation told ESPN.com that the Hawks and Bucks have in recent days discussed a sign-and-trade deal to land Brandon Jennings in Atlanta and send fellow restricted free agent Jeff Teague to Milwaukee to reunite with former Hawks coach Larry Drew. ESPN.com reported early in free agency that the Bucks, at Drew's behest, had interest.

via Latest news on free-agent guard chase - ESPN.

It's a weird kind of deal, but makes some sense... for Milwaukee. Milwaukee gets rid of malcontent point guard Jennings, and gets more of a traditional, more pure-point-y point guard to work with their bigs. Jennings has made noise in the past about wanting to go to a bigger market and clashed with coaches last year.

For Atlanta... they just got such a sweet deal on Paul Millsap at less than $10 million over just two years. They have Kyle Korver. They have all these weapons. Why add a ball-dominant, scoring-priority point guard in Jennings? Jennings is actually a gifted passer... when he commits to doing it. But would he be better in that regard than Teague?

It's an odd fit. The sign-and-trade deal could be done for several reasons, including insurance against a match from either team, or to include or move other players in deals. The Hawks are also reportedly interested in Jennings' former teamate Monta Ellis because they want Al Horford's spirit to die a slow death, apparently.

Teague averaged 15 points and seven assists on 45 percent shooting with a 54 percent True Shooting percentage (factoring free throws and three-pointers).

Jennings averaged 18 points, seven assists, and three rebounds last season for the Bucks, shooting 39.9 percent from the field with an underwhelming 51 percent True Shooting percentage.

Teague had a 16.8 PER to Jennings' 16.1 mark.

So Jennings is younger, more aggressive, and has a bigger upside and put up comparable nimbers to Teague on an inferior team?

I wonder if we might try to get that Greek SF thrown into the mix, the one who was supposed to be a poor-man's Kevin Durant. I remember there were a lot of rumors that the Hawks had him as their top prospect for this year's draft, but the Bucks drafted him at 15 or somewhere around there.

Seems like a few people on here really haven't watched Jennings. He is not a better finisher than Teague. He struggles to finish at the rim just as much if not more than Teague.

Jennings looked like he quit on his team last year before the playoffs started. He even got pulled from a few games because of his lack of effort. He looked like he was going through the motions and was ready to get out of there. He also clashed with his coaches.

Teague might be inconsistent but I dont recall him qiutting on his team or clashing with coaches. Jennings takes terrible shots, is a worse defender, inefficient. and isnt as good as he thinks he is. I would rather keep Jeff but for some reason people on this board seem to think almost any pg is beter than Jeff.

We went from an average undersized team to an average undersized team with even less talent. But hey what do i know.