• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague not wanted?

CJB

Just saw this exerpt from a Grantland article:

That is a high price, especially since Utah could have fielded a playoff contender by using its cap space to chase Jeff Teague (almost unwanted in Atlanta, sources say), re-signing Paul Millsap, and filling out the rest of the roster with bit players.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/67894/dwights-flight-and-what-weve-learned-from-free-agency-so-far

So nobody wants 15ppg and 7apg from of a young point guard on a reasonable contract?

I'd love to keep the 20/10 Jeff Teague. The guy who is aggressive and wants to take over games. It's the other guy that we get 2 out of 3 games who I don't want.

• Like 2

Jennings has more upside than Teague... Maybe Ferry does this move because we need one more solid scorer. Maybe he will fit well in Buds scheme. Jennings is younger and has a better chance of being developed into a nice PG in the league.

Not sure how we will be able to sign Bynum as well... Hmm.

I'd love to keep the 20/10 Jeff Teague. The guy who is aggressive and wants to take over games. It's the other guy that we get 2 out of 3 games who I don't want.

You also don't want your PG (supposed leader of the team) looking like he doesn't care for majority of the game. Joe Johnson and Josh Smith are not here anymore.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a question, Ferry hates him obviously. Apparently it's the attitude that turns him off so much, because I don't care how many advanced numbers you crunch all the way down the stat sheet, you just can't compare sub 40% shooters to Teague at .45, .36, and .88. It's impossible. Does he and Bud not see any improvent with Teague? His peak is still 4 years away! They must be 100% positive Dennis is a ROY candidate or some sh&t because I'm not feeling the way they doing Jeff. And this talk of Bynum is dumbfounding. It's okay, hell, even great, that he likes to operate clandestinely and keep the media and even us out of the loop. But it seems like the players currently on our roster are scratching their heads as to what the plan is and that I don't dig. Lou is like "wtf?" Teague is lost. Mike Scott wondering where his minutes are coming from. Al watching the days go by without a True Center. I believe in Ferry and Bud 100% but damn I'm anxious to see the finish line for this offseason and I damn sure hope it doesn't contain any former Bucks not named Larry Sanders or Bonehead Bynum.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

C'mon guys, Teague is actually a good player. He will easily be a 17 and 8 guy next season. I can't believe more fans aren't on board with bringing him back, especially since his asking price won't be high at all. The guy still has potential. So Bud can work with a 'knucklehead' but he can't work with a talented player that tends to listen to his teammates and coaches to a fault??? Am I in some parallel universe or something???

• Like 2

C'mon guys, Teague is actually a good player. He will easily be a 17 and 8 guy next season. I can't believe more fans aren't on board with bringing him back, especially since his asking price won't be high at all. The guy still has potential. So Bud can work with a 'knucklehead' but he can't work with a talented player that tends to listen to his teammates and coaches to a fault??? Am I in some parallel universe or something???

It depends on what the $$ amount is.

For 4-7 million I'd prefer Jeff Teague

For 8-9 million I'd prefer Brandon Jennings

For 10+ million I don't want Teague, Jennings or Ellis

• Like 1

If retaining Teague means we can get Bynum and possibly an additional guy like AK47 I'd prefer Teague. Otherwise I like Jennings for fire power. He can put up 40-50. It's an elite few in the NBA that can do that.

• Like 1