• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you rather be our PG from the Bucks next year?

NBASupes

Ellis or Jennings as starting PG in 13-14 for the Hawks   

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ellis is a pg PERIOD. I don't care what anybody says Ellis will play pg if the hawks get him.But wait let me make this clear on why Ellis is more of a pg than sg....first off I could care less about the so called traditional pg if you look in the league today there are only 3 or 5 traditional PGs out of 30 teams!...Maybe that wasnt clear enough so let me put it like this....ELLIS is more of a liability playing defense against a SG than he is a liability playing offense as a PG and that's a fact! So unless we get a bigger point guard (size) than there is no need to play Ellis a sg with a pg as small as him!Why the hell do people keep trying to run a small back court with Ellis?!!!!! He has proven that he can score at both guard positions but he cannot defend the 2 position! He never has never will be able to....that's not to say he can defend PGs but it gives him a better shot at being successful!Ellis is a scoring PG that can get about 5 or 6 assist...7 at best probably! Hell that's what Tony Parker averages so there shouldn't be many complaints.

• Admin

Ellis is a pg PERIOD. I don't care what anybody says Ellis will play pg if the hawks get him.But wait let me make this clear on why Ellis is more of a pg than sg....first off I could care less about the so called traditional pg if you look in the league today there are only 3 or 5 traditional PGs out of 30 teams!...Maybe that wasnt clear enough so let me put it like this....ELLIS is more of a liability playing defense against a SG than he is a liability playing offense as a PG and that's a fact! So unless we get a bigger point guard (size) than there is no need to play Ellis a sg with a pg as small as him!Why the hell do people keep trying to run a small back court with Ellis?!!!!! He has proven that he can score at both guard positions but he cannot defend the 2 position! He never has never will be able to....that's not to say he can defend PGs but it gives him a better shot at being successful!Ellis is a scoring PG that can get about 5 or 6 assist...7 at best probably! Hell that's what Tony Parker averages so there shouldn't be many complaints.

He can't run an offense so that is a huge problem with him. He is a stats guy...he is not a winner.

Ellis got the tools and skills to be like Parker but his brain is long gone. I don't know. His decision making is normally really bad. The time I did see him at PG, he was amazing but at the same time, that was for like two games. I see him at SG for the most part and he was meh. I don't see him being that good at running an offense either unless we have a Spurs system where everyone is buying into the total movement offense.

As smart as both Ferry and Budenholzer have been billed to be, I'm at a loss to figure out how they could believe Monta Ellis is an efficient player not to mention a point guard?! Just dumb.

Ahh...smart and effective point guards...it's like trying to draft white cornerbacks in the NFL....relatively impossible.