• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bynum, Horford, Milsap the BIG 3

DJlaysitup

As we await the decisions of free agents let's think.

IF we were able to get a healthy Bynum - to go along with AL Horford - and Milsap - we would have a DOMINATING (physically) C/PF/SF combination.

Truly...LeBron and MIA...even if they get decent ring chasers...would be scared sh!tless of that triple combo.

Bynum - 7 foot, strong and fairly skilled.

AL Horford - 6-9 1/2 strong and skilled

Paul Milsap - 6-8 strong and skilled

...both Bynum and AL are shot blockers...Milsap gets a few too.

If we're able to get a healthy Bynum, we would already have a DOMINATING front court regardless of whether or not Millsap is thrown into the mix. A center of Bynum's caliber (in 2002) would be perfect to pair with Horford.

Also, I may be in a small group but I honestly do not see Millsap playing the 3 against most of the teams in the East.

• Like 4

Also, I may be in a small group but I honestly do not see Millsap playing the 3 against most of the teams in the East.

Well I tend to agree (but maybe not about the word "most".. My opinion is - there are probably 30% of the teams we will go up against that Milsap has absolutely no reason to be in there at SF. There are probably another 30% that his brute force and skills inside overcomes his lack of speed on defense and makes him a net +. and the other matchups he will dominate.

But he is an experienced pro and should be able to accept the coaches decisions on whether he starts or comes off the bench. Even coming off the bench he will likely get 30+ minutes a game.

• Moderators

If we're able to get a healthy Bynum, we would already have a DOMINATING front court regardless of whether or not Millsap is thrown into the mix. A center of Bynum's caliber (in 2002) would be perfect to pair with Horford.

SF in the East that Millsap would not be starting against:

[*]LeBron James

[*]Paul Pierce

[*]Carmelo Anthony

[*]Josh Smith

[*]Danny Granger

[*]Rudy Gay

[*]Luol Deng

[*]Paul George

[*]Gerald Wallace

[*]Thaddeus Young

[*]Trevor Ariza

[*]MKG

Basically, Millsap has ZERO business playing SF. His role should be to be an off-the-bench PF.

• Like 4

[*]LeBron James

[*]Paul Pierce

[*]Carmelo Anthony

[*]Josh Smith

[*]Danny Granger

[*]Rudy Gay

[*]Luol Deng

[*]Paul George

[*]Gerald Wallace

[*]Thaddeus Young

[*]Trevor Ariza

[*]MKG

Basically, Millsap has ZERO business playing SF. His role should be to be an off-the-bench PF.

Millsap is more than capable of holding his own for spot minutes here and there at SF against all but the elite guys on that list, who also ate Josh Smith for lunch. I don't want Millsap starting at SF but there's no reason he can't play 10-12 minutes per game there.
  • Like 4

[*]LeBron James

[*]Paul Pierce

[*]Carmelo Anthony

[*]Josh Smith

[*]Danny Granger

[*]Rudy Gay

[*]Luol Deng

[*]Paul George

[*]Gerald Wallace

[*]Thaddeus Young

[*]Trevor Ariza

[*]MKG

Holy Lawdy...take me to the barn

...are you serious?

Are you afraid of Paul Milsap playing SF against - Smoove? LOL...Trevor Ariza..LOL...Thad Young (hell he generally can't get out of his own way).

Loul Deng?...yes a tough matchup but you don't always have to come out on top - just make it close.

Danny Granger - Perfect matchup for Milsap...he would do fine.

Paul Pierce - another great matchup - aging Pierce against a solid defender.

OK - NO he can't go against every SF - but he can go against MOST.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

OK and plus...you put together a team like Jennings/Teague...Korver...Milsap...Horford...Bynum..and you are going to be playing "old school" (or should I say playoff style) basketball.

Sure they are gonna run by you now and then on a turnover or a long rebound. What you do is enforce your will and grind it out with inside skills.

Even if Bynum is healthy he is not going to give you more then 30 mpg and Horford won't play more then 35 or 36 mpg.

That leaves 31 mpg for Milsap. Wiith those 18 mpg that Bynum is not on the floor we should see Horford at C and Milsap at PF. Then the 12 - 13 mpg that Horford is not on the floor we should se Bynum at C and Milsap at PF.

I see a real nice 3 man rotation for the front line.

Now I would be SHOCKED if Bynum played more then 50 games but have no problem swinging for the fences as long as only the 1st year of his contract is guaranteed. I would have no problem with Ferry and Coach Bud puting Bynum on a 25 mpg plan in hopes that he would actually stay healthy for the playoffs. It seems every year but 1, Bynum was hurt when it came to playoff time. We can't forget that in Bynum's 8 year career he has only played over 65 games once.

Edited by coachx

• Admin

[*]LeBron James

[*]Paul Pierce

[*]Carmelo Anthony

[*]Josh Smith

[*]Danny Granger

[*]Rudy Gay

[*]Luol Deng

[*]Paul George

[*]Gerald Wallace

[*]Thaddeus Young

[*]Trevor Ariza

[*]MKG

A lot of those guys have been playing PF anyway (Lebron, Wallace, Young, Smith and Melo)...

This thread should be retitled..."pound town"If we get Bynum there will be serious poundage.Ps I don't see nothin wrong wit a little bump n grind

OK and plus...you put together a team like Jennings/Teague...Korver...Milsap...Horford...Bynum..and you are going to be playing "old school" (or should I say playoff style) basketball.

Sure they are gonna run by you now and then on a turnover or a long rebound. What you do is enforce your will and grind it out with inside skills.

I am not sure how that line-up works from a spacing standpoint. Bynum would have to play on the low block but then both Horford and Millsap would be best served playing the high post, but you obviously can't put both there (so you run into isssues if you want to do a pick and roll offense). Teague/Jennings are not gifted facilitators and Korver is a one trick pony so there is no obvious cutter should you go to a motion based offense.

Maybe the best offense with that lineup is to heave shots and work the offensive glass?

I actually think both millsap and Horford could play sf. If Horford was quick enough to stay with Rondo at the end of game 5 of the 2012 1st round series against the Celts, then I'm sure he can guard a sf. Wouldn't it be funny to move Horford from the 5 to the 3. Lol. He'd be like...ummmm can y'all just play me at the pf...dang ...lol

I actually think both millsap and Horford could play sf. If Horford was quick enough to stay with Rondo at the end of game 5 of the 2012 1st round series against the Celts, then I'm sure he can guard a sf.Wouldn't it be funny to move Horford from the 5 to the 3. Lol. He'd be like...ummmm can y'all just play me at the pf...dang ...lol

Tito told me Horford is a pure SG.