Danny Ferry is slowly destroying the Atlanta fan base..

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member

Ferry is liked for 2 reasons. #1. The stupidity of Billy King #2. Because Gearon Jr doesnt make the bball moves anymore. In truth Ferry has a ton to prove. The in Ferry we trust motto is laughable.

Billy King just might be the executive of the year after this year.

If Brooklyn wins it all, I hope that as he holds the trophy that he thanks his good friend Danny Ferry for not knowing what he had.

What's Billy King got to do with anything? Posted Image

I cant think of another nba gm stupid enough to take on Joe Johnsons contract. Which is why folks went from saying Danny Ferry hired as our new gm? wtf to In Ferry we trust.

Edited by NJHAWK

Give it some time??

Really?

He dismantled our whole team.

He fires a coach that actually had a winning season (when nobody expected anything).

He gets 1 draft pick for Johnson that he spends on a guy who won't be available for 2 years. (Cash stash).

He misses on the major free agents.

He misses on the minor free agents.

He keeps our current players in the dark so that they become disenchanted with the franchise.

What's left?

Is he gonna rip down Dominique's Jersey and piss on it and call Nique a marginal player at best?

Danny has this year. IMO. Signs suggest that he's not going to do anything to move us forward.

Posted Image

It does seem Ferry's kiss-of-death is his 'We value [insert player]" line. He said the same thing about Josh at the deadline last year, and now Jeff.

On a related note, he's done a good job in asset collecting as far as moveable contracts, but I'd wish he could've turned Josh and Jeff into something, preferably on the draft pick front.

Bottom line is that the jury is still (way) out, though if JTB's exclamation-point driven optimism is starting to wane, we just might be in trouble.

• Premium Member

Ferry said he wants the Hawks "to have a value-based identity with good guys who play hard, who play together and share the ball that can be professional on the court."

This was from his hire.

If you say this about the guy that got rid of Overpaid Joe and sorry azz Marvins contract, Id hate to see what you had to say about the idiot that signed Joe to a MAX contract, drafted Marvin Williams(when we didn't need him), Shellhead(only God knows why), and Childress(when Iggy or Deng were there for the taking)(BK). And lets not forget about Sund. That fool gave Marvin Williams an extension. smmfgdh. G T F Out O here! And I almost forgot. Id like to thank DF for letting that knucklehead go to Motown? Yay for DF!

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

We haven't heard your take yet RWF....

What about what Ferry has done do you like. Please be specific.

I'll speak for him. He brought in a young, very capable, PF in Milsap. For only two years and at a steal of a deal. We're no tied up in 5 year deal, only two, at a very reasonable price. Somehow, he convinced Korver to come back....which I know Kyle entertained deals from contenders, but likes "where Danny is heading". The PG issue has yet to resolve itself, but I bet when it's all said and done, we'll agree with the decision. He's building a hard working, blue collar team. All without blowing our cap-space. It's hard to argue what DF has done in only a year and a half.

• Like 3

Complaining about drafting bebe shows a total lack of foresight here. The dude is seven feet talk and super athletic. He's just gotta put on his man weight before coming here or he'd probably die

Edited by taz

C'mon man. Nets GM? Former Dookie helpin' his boy Danny out by taking JoeJohn's contract?

LOL I know, was just being a smartass. I also think that people like Danny more for being the anti-Billy Knight moreso than 1 move made with Billy King.

Billy King just might be the executive of the year after this year. If Brooklyn wins it all, I hope that as he holds the trophy that he thanks his good friend Danny Ferry for not knowing what he had.

Come on Diesel. JJ is, at best, the fourth scoring option on that team. Concerning your other post: He didn't fire Drew -- Drew's contract expired. Other than trading JJ and Marv, he didn't dismantle our team -- free agency did. The only player he left in the dark was Teague and I'm not sure Teague counts because we did extend a qualifying offer. We missed on one free agent. Who else did we target and miss out on?

Can't figure out how to edit my previous post on Tapatalk, but I have one more point to add. Some people had no expectations last year, but many of us knew that we still had a playoff team. Drew making it to the playoffs with that squad was no surprise.

I think you just gotta click somewhere on the post once and the button pops up to edit it, but I haven't used Tapatalk in a while so I could be wrong about that.

• Premium Member

If you say this about the guy that got rid of Overpaid Joe and sorry azz Marvins contract, Id hate to see what you had to say about the idiot that signed Joe to a MAX contract, drafted Marvin Williams(when we didn't need him), Shellhead(only God knows why), and Childress(when Iggy or Deng were there for the taking)(BK). And lets not forget about Sund. That fool gave Marvin Williams an extension. smmfgdh. G T F Out O here! And I almost forgot. Id like to thank DF for letting that knucklehead go to Motown? Yay for DF!

Oh... So Ferry should be tolerated because he was better than BK??

Actually, Ferry is the same as BK.

BK did a wonderful job of clearing talent for capspace. He even got us the pick that became Josh Smith.

Everybody cheered initially for BK's cap clearing reset.

Everybody cheered when we picked up Marvin.

People started to get it when BK drafted Shelden.

Then all the sudden all of his misses, all of his keeping plans under raps, all of his long athletic, no PG BS came into question.

Ferry is BK... But instead of Long and Athletic, his mantra is Good guy with good analytics.

Just like BK, he will abandon his mantra when he has to.

Just like BK, his rebuild will lead us nowhere.

• Premium Member

Come on Diesel. JJ is, at best, the fourth scoring option on that team.Concerning your other post:He didn't fire Drew -- Drew's contract expired. Other than trading JJ and Marv, he didn't dismantle our team -- free agency did. The only player he left in the dark was Teague and I'm not sure Teague counts because we did extend a qualifying offer. We missed on one free agent. Who else did we target and miss out on?

1. JJ is the reason they have a team. Deron would be in Dallas. They would be a team with Gerald Wallace and Brooks that nobody wanted to play for.

2. You're right Drew's contract expire. So we didn't replace a guy with a .557 winning percentage. Instead we replace him with Danny's Boy. 0.557 is very impressive considering what Drew did it with. 1 yr, no Horford. 1 yr, no Joe. Last year, not only no Joe, but for most of the season, everybody injured at one time or another. NO Zaza. No Lou. And we replace .557 with Bud "I have never coached in the League".

3. It's not that we missed out on FAs. We knew that coming into this FAcy period, we would be a major player Money wise. Yet, it seems like we have Absolutely NO FREAKIN plan. He doesn't even feel the need to woo his targets.

Edited by Diesel

I understand the doubts people are feeling. I try to never condemn someone before a game has been played so doubts I have won't matter if Ferry somehow has us winning. I'm one of those guys happy if we win 46 or more games and are competitive in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I thought Ferry made great moves last year by adding needed pieces to an already good core. He just got killed with the injury bug. But this year he is taking a different approach. Let most of the core go and replace a little bit of it. So of course some of us doubt. But I'm always hoping he makes me look dumb for doubting and wins more than expected.

• Like 1