• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry is slowly destroying the Atlanta fan base..

willthepureshooter

Diesel is right about using us. There's no question in my mind Dwight simply used us and GS to force Houston to give him EVERYTHING he wanted both money wise and with getting the players he want.

What do you mean? Dwight was going to get a max from Houston even if they were the only team he talked to. And what players have they added that he wanted?

I don't agree with saying Coach Bud could help Smoove shoot better shots but complaining about Jennings shooting in the same post. Jennings is 2 years younger than Teague and 4 years younger than Smoove, he has just as much time to learn (if not more) under a good coach as any of the other players mentioned

Dam a team with 6'8 to 6'10 guys with no real pg or center just won the last 2 nba titles. Billy Knight is walking his dog and eating his peanuts with a smile on his face somewhere.

He w

Dam a team with 6'8 to 6'10 guys with no real pg or center just won the last 2 nba titles. Billy Knight is walking his dog and eating his peanuts with a smile on his face somewhere.

He would be if he actually had ANYTHING to do with the Heats success.

When the Hawks hired Danny Ferry I was excited and a boatload of Hawks fans were pumped also. But, the cheering has slowly become computer screen stare-downs and computer desk re-arranging. From the terrible sales job he's done with the likes of Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. I'm beginning to understand the plan for the Hawks next year -- tank and hope! Just like what Danny did in Cleveland when Lebron James fell into his lap and the won a ton of games but no championships. And then when Lebron decided to leave Cleveland, Danny Ferry decided to retire and he vowed to never manage again.. But wait! Posted Image He did manage again!! He became the VP of Basketball Operations for the Spurs and now the top guy for our Hawks! Could this guy be the Phil Jackson of basketball management? Maybe.. But I don't trust the guy and it seems as though free agents this year didn't trust him either. I wonder how long it will take before Horford wants out of Atlanta? Sooner than later? I can definitely see what Teague is feeling as far as keeping him in the dark this entire free agency just for 'value' purposes. Which doesn't make sense at all because if he's valued then you should be looking to get something back of equal or greater value<--- Business 101.. Teague is rated the best point guard available and we decide to hang the balance of our franchise on a 19 year old kid that's at-most three years away developmentally. Or, this is a good one.. Lets target two inefficient chuckers in Monte Ellis or Brandon Jennings! I'm pretty sure Bud can coach Josh Smith into taking better shots.. Oh wait! The chucker was renounced and has since signed with Detroit! Posted Image Can you see whats going on? The new culture is in full-effect! Its called Ferry-ism (shout-out to Al Sharpton).. And its all about hoping, wishing, tanking, and basketball scouting at United Nations pickup games..

But on a serious note.. Danny Ferry has mus-handled Teague this off-season and its blatant, The kid deserved more and should have been approached like a professional a week ago. I would love to see him back in a Hawks jersey but there's this new love out there for inefficient chuckers that I don't understand. The kid will be an All-star sooner than later and other coaches know it. Its pretty funny how Hawk players are mistreated by the media and league when they here, but are raved about when they leave. I don't trust Ferry one bit..

Posted Image

Give it some time??

Really?

He dismantled our whole team.

He fires a coach that actually had a winning season (when nobody expected anything).

He gets 1 draft pick for Johnson that he spends on a guy who won't be available for 2 years. (Cash stash).

He misses on the major free agents.

He misses on the minor free agents.

He keeps our current players in the dark so that they become disenchanted with the franchise.

What's left?

Is he gonna rip down Dominique's Jersey and piss on it and call Nique a marginal player at best?

Danny has this year. IMO. Signs suggest that he's not going to do anything to move us forward.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have traded Joe. It was time. However, in trading Joe... Ferry got us nothing back. Couldn't even get Marshon Brooks. All we got was capspace that we have since squandered. If the Hawks were so Terrible as a group.. I mean everybody hated Josh. Everybody hated Teague..Then why are we more respectful of the work that Larry Drew did? People applauded Ferry for replacing a .557 coach for an assistant who has never won a game?? Ferry doesn't seem to have a plan. One minute he states he wants good value, good guys. The next, he's courting Jennings and Ellis and Bynum.

Again, he never offered Bynum a contract. Again, the Jennings/Ellis talk looks like it was about the Bucks targeting Teague, not us targeting Jennings/Ellis. Drew inherited a playoff team and had a solid winning percentage. Ferry replaced him with a guy who is very well respected around the league. I wanted Brooks in that deal too but we didn't squander the cap space. He signed players to contracts that look to be very team friendly.

I think people don't give Chalmers enough credit. Lebron is the best player in the league and the advanced statistics reflect this. The other guys on that team who might fall under long/athletic are Bosh and Birdman. I'd argue that Bosh is as clumsy as he is athletic. They are undersized at center but I don't think they are a BK team.

He's made some curious moves and non-moves this off-season, but it's still too early to tell if he has us on the right path or not. I can't hold it against him that he was unable to turn us into a contender this off-season. Paul and Howard were never going to come here. Bynum was the only other available player who could have potentially turned us into a legitimate threat, but he has a bad attitude and there's a decent chance he never has another meaningful season in the NBA. I tend to agree with the majority of his decisions so far and I think we have a decent foundation in place.

No Smoove or Teague. A potential tank. No rim protectors. No #1 options on offense unless Dennis is the PG creating for Al. This is gonna be either a fun ride with Jennings at PG or a tank is going to happen. Either way, I am down for the ride.

• Like 1

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have traded Joe. It was time. However, in trading Joe... Ferry got us nothing back. Couldn't even get Marshon Brooks. All we got was capspace that we have since squandered.

We got a 1st round pick and selected Dennis Schröder.

This is an idiot thread. What ever happened to actually liking to watch basketball instead of being a freaking pansy.

Welcome to the Internet where people take out the anger they have about their own life on a beloved entertainment property. You guys still got nothing on Internet wrestling fans though
  • Like 1

Oh My God! We are destroyed and we will never recover from losing out on D12. We are no worse right now than when the off season started. In fact with a PF on the books at 5 million a year less who plays like a PF, we are in better shape!

• Like 1

This is an idiot thread. What ever happened to actually liking to watch basketball instead of being a freaking pansy.

First off, I've the freedom to stake my opinion as everyone else. Secondly, I'm a die-hard Hawks fan and basketball fan whom has played the game. Thirdly, if you have an opinion on my thread please feel free to express yourself with better etiquette. Please give an explanation..

Jeff Teague is stiring the pot because he wants to get his name out there. As "poor" as DF has treated Teague, this is a buisness. DF offered Teague what he thought he was worth. Teague needs to accept that and move on if he is unhappy with the offer. Instead, Teague is pouting that he got a low ball offer.

No Smoove or Teague. A potential tank. No rim protectors. No #1 options on offense unless Dennis is the PG creating for Al. This is gonna be either a fun ride with Jennings at PG or a tank is going to happen. Either way, I am down for the ride.

We have no choice.

If Teague wants to move to Miwaulkee and be an eskimo.........Then I'm leaning towards throwing Schröder right into the fire as our starting PG. It will be bumpy first year with the lottery as our destination.

If Ferry elects to pay Jennings then I'll hope for the best. I'm just not sure Jennings is the guy we want mentoring Schröder.

• Like 1