• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Update in Teague

JTB

TWITTERREAD MORECHRIS BROUSSARD@CHRIS_BROUSSARDSource: ATL will not do sign-&-trade for Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings. ATL will either match Bucks' offer to Jeff Teague or let him walk03:51 - 11 JUL 13REPLY RETWEET FAVORITEMEDIAPLAYERSSPANISH

If Teague goes to the Bucks I'd guess there's still a chance we could sign either Ellis or Jennings, just not in a sing-and-trade. Otherwise I'm guessing we go with Schröder and Shelvin Mack and maybe Mo Williams or some other veteran, or maybe make some kind of trade.

Uh, so what's next? Schröder really is going to start for us?

The tweet says we will match or let him walk. With other PG's out there and the match part not decided, our PG is still up in the air. Seeing how Jennings and Ellis both want in access of 10 million a season, its understandable why Ferry did now want to lock us in on either of them with a SnT.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

TWITTERREAD MORECHRIS BROUSSARD@CHRIS_BROUSSARDSource: ATL will not do sign-&-trade for Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings. ATL will either match Bucks' offer to Jeff Teague or let him walk03:51 - 11 JUL 13REPLY RETWEET FAVORITEMEDIAPLAYERSSPANISH

Uh...correct me if I'm wrong but I thought under the new CBA once you sign a RFA offer sheet there is no trade possibility. The team either matches the deal or lets the guy walk for nothing.

• Premium Member

Actually, I'd caution that you CAN technically and essentially accomplish the same thing as an "official" SnT as long as the contract isn't 5 years... essentially, the matching team sends the original team something in exchange for not matching. It would only be if the contract were 5 years that that couldn't happen since the original team would have to actually sign the player first.

(Please correct me if that's explicitly wrong, of course.)

Other options: Tyronn Lue, Anthony Johnson, Speedy Claxton, Kenny Anderson, Acie Law, or maybe Royal Ivy.

Actually Acie is trying to get back with the league....he had a big year in Greece. Hell, for that matter Childress would like to get a call as well.

Actually, I'd caution that you CAN technically and essentially accomplish the same thing as an "official" SnT as long as the contract isn't 5 years... essentially, the matching team sends the original team something in exchange for not matching. It would only be if the contract were 5 years that that couldn't happen since the original team would have to actually sign the player first. (Please correct me if that's explicitly wrong, of course.)

Nope you cannot do that under the new CBA. I'm not sure you could under the old one either once the player signs it, but you definitely cannot now. It's match or don't match now and that's it.

Actually Acie is trying to get back with the league....he had a big year in Greece. Hell, for that matter Childress would like to get a call as well.

I thought I read Acie just signed a new 2 year contract?