• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At this point....

bigjmw84

Their are few meaningful FA pickups left to get. With about 10 million under the cap before renouncing everybody. What would you guy consider the best option?

Brandon Jennings to a 3 year 21 million dollar deal with a team option in the last year.

Dalembert to a 1yr 3million dollar deal to backup Horford

or

Mo Williams to a 2yr 10 million dollar deal & Greg Oden

Dolfan, who would you like on that list? ak47?

AK47 signed with the Nets, but yes I would have liked him. It depends on what the team are trying to accomplish this year and I'm not quite sure whether that's to make the playoffs or be a lottery team. So I can't really say who I'd like.

I'm all for the tank and have said so since day one...Everybody getting all upset over the fact that we didn't get a bunch of 2nd-tiers on high $ contracts obviously just don't get it... We are 100% going for Wiggins / Parker / Randle at this point...

Build for 2-3 around Horford, give Schröder ; A PROFESSIONAL / ALL-STAR ON THE BEST TEAM IN THE GERMAN LEAGUE FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, some serious run at the PG slot... Muscala is going to be a steal.It's not going to be pretty this year but there IS a plan in place and everyone needs to relax...No Dwight, No Bynum, No Monta, no problem...

• Like 2

Why would you give Korver 4 years and Millsap a contract if you are gonna tank?

Millsap-Horford is one of the best frontlines in the East. Not a tanking duo.

I didn't say for sure that the Hawks are tanking but that is what we NEED to do

That's the only answer

• Moderators

Why would you give Korver 4 years and Millsap a contract if you are gonna tank?

Millsap-Horford is one of the best frontlines in the East. Not a tanking duo.

Exactly.

If you sign Korver and Millsap and your plan is to land a desirable lottery pick:

Posted Image

Sooooooooo what is it, either Ferry comes out and say we are rebuilding or not, the Hawks can't have it both ways, at least not for me. If Ferry states that we are rebuilding then I would expect to see alot rookies and 2 year guys getting a lot of playing time and I would not except to the hawks to win many games but as a fan, I would cheer them on.

Right now the Hawk's front office looks pretty bad. If I was a superstar I would not look the hawks way. Danny and front office appears to play to many games. For exampe, Teague deserves more respect, than he has received. In addition, why bring Bynum here and not offer him some kind of deal, something.

These players are professional, STOP treating them as chess pieces.

• Premium Member

Sooooooooo what is it, either Ferry comes out and say we are rebuilding or not, the Hawks can't have it both ways, at least not for me. If Ferry states that we are rebuilding then I would expect to see alot rookies and 2 year guys getting a lot of playing time and I would not except to the hawks to win many games but as a fan, I would cheer them on. Right now the Hawk's front office looks pretty bad. If I was a superstar I would not look the hawks way. Danny and front office appears to play to many games. For exampe, Teague deserves more respect, than he has received. In addition, why bring Bynum here and not offer him some kind of deal, something. These players are professional, STOP treating them as chess pieces.

This offseason has put the reputation of Atlanta in regards to free agents think of coming here back another 5 years
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I started a thread just before the draft stating that I wondered if DF's philosophy would mirror mine... which was, to work toward acquisition of a young Big 3.

I would agree that he seems to be working both ends of this thing--signing Korver and Millsap on the one hand, and drafting long-term projects on the other. So, I too am confused by the philosophy. I know some here are proposing that the philosophy is to acquire trading chips for February, but signing Korver to a four-year deal contradicts that thought.

I also contributed to a thread just yesterday stating that it's too early to make any judgments about DF... and 24 hours later, it still is. But certainly the urge to do so is understandable at this point.