• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FA centers to be considered

gurpilo

The room exception is for teams below the cap space only. In my scenario, we would be over the cap and be forced to use either the mid level or the biannual. We can only use 1 exception per year.

Yeah I know that. But it's a Mid-Level Exception for Room Teams. The Mid-Level Exception for non-taxpayers DOES have a cap hold that you have to account for. I wanted to know for sure if the Room Exception counted against the cap (if not renounced) and HF clarified that, which is great news.

We have about $13.4M if we renounce everybody and don't include Carroll at this point due to roster holds for the other spots. So the most we can offer Pek is a 4yr/$57.3M contract. He already has a 4yr/$50M contract in front of him, so is $7M over 4 years and playing with Horford/Millsap/Teague/Korver/Lou better than the current offer and playing with Love/Rubio/KMartin/CBrewer/Budinger/Shabazz that you are familiar with? And wouldn't Minnesota just match, since he's restricted and it's only $7.3M? That's the problem. I can't see Pek coming here.

Yeah I know that. But it's a Mid-Level Exception for Room Teams. The Mid-Level Exception for non-taxpayers DOES have a cap hold that you have to account for. I wanted to know for sure if the Room Exception counted against the cap (if not renounced) and HF clarified that, which is great news.

Exactly.

I find it strange a lot of times that people want some justification from the CBA much like a kid/student may want justification for a scientific phenomenon.

"But why can the airplane fly after it reaches a given speed but a car does not?"

"Well see there is drag and lift that are created by angles of the wings blah blah blah HF can't continue much beyond this hypothetical because he doesn't know shit about physics blah blah blah and doesn't want to embarrass himself blah blah"

With real world phenomenon, you can get to explanations that are interesting and make sense. But then you start talking about the CBA and you wonder "hey why does this one particular MLE not have a cap hold but the others do?" And literally the only legitimate answer you can say is "well a bunch of lawyers made it so." That is it. Some lawyers made it so and it does not have to uphold to any logic or rules or structure outside of what they have already set up within the document. Pretty crummy if you ask me.

I guess our backup center is midget sized Elton Brand at this point.

I didn't notice Ferry saying in an interview he was determined to have the smallest roster in the NBA but damn if he didn't go do it.

I have to believe that at the very least, Petro would be back.

We desperately need size, I hope we could sign Dalembert or Oden but after Brand's signature I guess it's going to be really difficult to get it, I hope we get Aldrich or Mozgov though, we have been lacking a true 7 footer for 10 years, it's about time to try a young fella.

• Like 1

Exactly.

I find it strange a lot of times that people want some justification from the CBA much like a kid/student may want justification for a scientific phenomenon.

"But why can the airplane fly after it reaches a given speed but a car does not?"

"Well see there is drag and lift that are created by angles of the wings blah blah blah HF can't continue much beyond this hypothetical because he doesn't know shit about physics blah blah blah and doesn't want to embarrass himself blah blah"

With real world phenomenon, you can get to explanations that are interesting and make sense. But then you start talking about the CBA and you wonder "hey why does this one particular MLE not have a cap hold but the others do?" And literally the only legitimate answer you can say is "well a bunch of lawyers made it so." That is it. Some lawyers made it so and it does not have to uphold to any logic or rules or structure outside of what they have already set up within the document. Pretty crummy if you ask me.

I always want justification! I will probably never get over not knowing why you can't combine multiple free agents to one team to get one big TPE but you can trade those individual players and get individual TPE's. At the end of the day your team still sent out that much money at one time in salary so you ought to get one TPE that can be used to acquire another player(s) in a single trade.

The bucks signed Zaza for $1mm more than we are giving Brand. I guess the multi year deal was a big deal.

Brand just blocked more shots on his way to the kitchen than Zaza has ever blocked in his life. Considering that we've been screaming for a shot blocker, we just got a pretty good one for peanuts. But the best thing is we kept our cap flexibility for next year and beyond by only having it be a $3 million dollar deal. If we like what we see from Brand then we'll have the inside track on keeping him beyond this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Exactly.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I guess our backup center is midget sized Elton Brand at this point. I didn't notice Ferry saying in an interview he was determined to have the smallest roster in the NBA but damn if he didn't go do it.

9'2" standing reach and 7'5.5" wingspan and best post up defender in the league by a large MarginBut you keep up the Debbie downer "midget" propaganda...fight the good fight!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

9'2" standing reach and 7'5.5" wingspan and best post up defender in the league by a large MarginBut you keep up the Debbie downer "midget" propaganda...fight the good fight!!!!!!!!!!

I've always called him ET instead of EB because of his short body and freakishly long arms. But I've always been a big fan of his and found him to be extremely underrated.

curious why Mullins doesn't get more attention. He's still young, got a big body, decent athletics. He just played for the Bobcats last year. Seems he'd fit into the spur's system and play as well as Splitter.

I agree, I think he'd fit in real good here as a stretch 5 with his ability to shoot the 3. Maybe he wants too much money?