• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand to ATL.

CJB

Who the hell cares? They lost. I still think bashing the Hawks and praising a team that hasn't won anything is laughable. Its year 1 of the process for crying out loud. Youll be hating on OKC as soon as KD leaves town. Good luck getting a "superstar" to go there. Btw, if you think OKC wins the title last year if they wouldve had Westbrook, your're delusional. When they lost Harden the fat lady started writing a new song.

they got to the finals and won the west conference title last season. That is more than the hawks have accomplished since they moved to atlanta 30-40 years ago.

• Like 1

Yes they did. LAST YEAR. WHEN HARDEN WAS THERE. THlS YEAR HOWEVER, THEY WERENT FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO KEEP James. And what happened? They lost to a Memphis team with NO SUPERSTARS. A western Conf final Memphis team that is. lmao

Not to point out the obvious, but, do you think the outcome of that series would be different if Westbrook was not injured?

• Like 1

Not to point out the obvious, but, do you think the outcome of that series would be different if Westbrook was not injured?

I doubt it. Memphis was too smart and just too damn tough for OKC imo. Im not bashing the OKC way, but you cant just depend on the draft every year. Gotta remain flexible AND draft well if you want to have a chance. And Ferry has done a damn good job drafting if you ask me. This isn't LA, NY, Miami, etc.... We gotta do it the hard way. Yall need to get over the CP3/Dwight thing. Btw, I cant wait until Teague balls out, and Bynum misses 40-50 games in Cleveland. DF will turn into the best thing since sliced bread. Edited by terrell

I will say this though: he will have a lot less turnovers on offense than Zaza and Ivan will.

and be more efficient on offense. Now we all love and will miss Zaza, but we all know most of of his points came from this sort of scenario.

Grab offensive rebound (from great hustle and positioning), blow wide open layup, miss the tip in, miss another tip in, grab the board again, hit an awkward hook.

Now with that hustle and effort, what's not to love? But Brand I feel would bring a much more solid offensive option, with a jumper and solid defense with some shot blocking to boot (which Zaza most definitely does not do). And at $4mil for ONE SEASON? Personally I think this is a very good, but not flashy or amazing signing. We have a sturdy, smart, veteran front court albeit a little short.

I doubt it. Memphis was too smart and just too damn tough for OKC imo. Im not bashing the OKC way, but you cant just depend on the draft every year. Gotta remain flexible AND draft well if you want to have a chance. And Ferry has done a damn good job drafting if you ask me. This isn't LA, NY, Miami, etc.... We gotta do it the hard way. Yall need to get over the CP3/Dwight thing. Btw, I cant wait until Teague balls out, and Bynum misses 40-50 games in Cleveland. DF will turn into the best thing since sliced bread.

While in agreement, I think Ferry's success will be determined more by his draft picks and the Millsap/Brand pickups IMO. It was pretty obvious Teague was more of a defensive chess move in that he did it to protect an asset. I think Bynum was an easy choice for him.

• Premium Member

I doubt it. Memphis was too smart and just too damn tough for OKC imo. Im not bashing the OKC way, but you cant just depend on the draft every year. Gotta remain flexible AND draft well if you want to have a chance. And Ferry has done a damn good job drafting if you ask me. This isn't LA, NY, Miami, etc.... We gotta do it the hard way. Yall need to get over the CP3/Dwight thing. Btw, I cant wait until Teague balls out, and Bynum misses 40-50 games in Cleveland. DF will turn into the best thing since sliced bread.

The only real strategy to the draft is selecting players in the upper half of it. You don't get to select those players when you make the playoffs. We're making the playoffs...which is the point of this type of move and it should surprise no one.

Ehh, the fact that he's an undersized big kinda sucks but he's definitely a vet and can be a nice mentor for Horford and Millsap as well.

OMG..OMg...Omg...omg...that is the funniest sarcastic line I have heard in years...well played sir!

...a "mentor" to Milsap and our two-time All-Star Center....LOL.

Edited by Marilyn

The only real strategy to the draft is selecting players in the upper half of it. You don't get to select those players when you make the playoffs. We're making the playoffs...which is the point of this type of move and it should surprise no one.

I said draft well. Doesn't matter when you pick. DF is already drafting better players than BK, and BK had lottery picks every freakin year. Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I said draft well. Doesn't matter when you pick. DF is already drafting better players than BK, and BK had lottery picks every freakin year.

You don't understand the history of the draft.

This is the part that doesn't seem to sink in with people. You can draft well anywhere in the draft. Nobody is arguing that. But compare the ratio of All Stars, Multi-time all-stars, and All NBA caliber players found in the lottery (1-14) to those found in the entirety of the rest of the draft. There is a compelling discrepancy.

Which means... If finding elite talent in the lottery is hard, then finding it in the rest of the draft is nearly impossible. You should look instead of, y'know making assumptions based upon what you hear other people saying.

Bringing up BK is irrelevant and has no bearing on this conversation. For one, he is not the only GM that has ever used draft picks. Secondly, he also only drafted for about like 4 years, which by some of you guys' math, comes out to "DUR PERPETUALZ LOTTAERAY TIEM!" This team did exactly what Ferry is doing for many years and REFUSED to build through the lottery. And it's a shitty twist on reality to try and put the running joke of a franchise that we are on BK's short window...when it's the overall MEDIOCRE results from DECADES of ineptitude (in the draft, through trades, and free agency) that have turned us into this.

What's really funny is how you slam all that BK did, but you guys rally around Horford and want him to be the next Duncan....when he himself is a TOP 3 F#CKING LOTTERY PICK.

This is the equivalent of crusading against drug dealers and the mafia, while you spend their blood money and live in a house they bought for you.

The hypocrisy around here is absolutely mindblowing and complete madness.

• Like 3

OMG..OMg...Omg...omg...that is the funniest sarcastic line I have heard in years...well played sir!

...a "mentor" to Milsap and our two-time All-Star Center....LOL.

Yeah, I think you're right, a guy with 6 20+/10+ seasons and 2 All-Star appearances himself wouldn't have anything to teach Al or Paul.

• Like 2

Who the hell cares? They lost. I still think bashing the Hawks and praising a team that hasn't won anything is laughable. Its year 1 of the process for crying out loud. Youll be hating on OKC as soon as KD leaves town. Good luck getting a "superstar" to go there. Btw, if you think OKC wins the title last year if they wouldve had Westbrook, your're delusional. When they lost Harden the fat lady started writing a new song.

A lot of people is who the hell cares...

It's still better than anything this franchise has done since being in Atlanta. The rate things are going nothing is going to change either.